Airbus Via To States!!!

Topic locked
Airbus via to States!!! Mar 19, 2007
Hey group of DF's, anyone know when we will be able to catch the new big airbus trip to the states from Dubai? I think it went to Frankfort today for trial run, but wanting to fly home this summer on one.....any information?

dubai girl
Dubai Expat Helper

Re: Airbus via to States!!! Mar 19, 2007
dubai girl wrote:Hey group of DF's, anyone know when we will be able to catch the new big airbus trip to the states from Dubai? I think it went to Frankfort today for trial run, but wanting to fly home this summer on one.....any information?

Looks like you still have at least a year to wait, what is going from Frankfurt is part of the test programme.

I would recomend the Airbus A340 that currently flies from Dubai x New York, especially the First Class Cabin, fabulous.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Mar 19, 2007
I have to agree with you on that one Sage! That's the only way I go....sometimes business class, but not the same! Thanks for the info.
dubai girl
Dubai Expat Helper

Re: Airbus via to States!!! Mar 19, 2007
sage & onion wrote:I would recomend the Airbus A340 that currently flies from Dubai x New York, especially the First Class Cabin, fabulous.

The 380 1st class will make the 340 look like ecconomy.

But I doubt that Emirates will be using it for the N.American or even European routes.

It will be earmarked for the Indian subcontinent so that they can cram as many HP's as possible into each flight.

By the time it is used on other legs, it will look more like an Air Arabia cabin.
benwj
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Re: Airbus via to States!!! Mar 20, 2007
benwj wrote:
sage & onion wrote:I would recomend the Airbus A340 that currently flies from Dubai x New York, especially the First Class Cabin, fabulous.

The 380 1st class will make the 340 look like ecconomy.

But I doubt that Emirates will be using it for the N.American or even European routes.

It will be earmarked for the Indian subcontinent so that they can cram as many HP's as possible into each flight.

By the time it is used on other legs, it will look more like an Air Arabia cabin.

I believe they have used the same 550 seat configeration for the whole order, and they certainly will be using it on their long distance routes.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Mar 25, 2007
I also read somewhere will be a A380 "express" to New York that will be all economy seats and you can fly to new york for as cheap as 200$ !!
MaaaD
Dubai Forums Zealot

Mar 26, 2007
WOW! that would be amazing.
mighty.one
Dubai forums Addict

Mar 26, 2007
does anybody know about the delta flight to atlanta?
gregory863
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Mar 26, 2007
Two of the first Emirates A380-routes will be DXB-LHR and DXB-FRA.

And regarding MaaaD's posting...
no airline has ordered the A380 in economy-only seating yet.

Cheers,
Ben
bschmidt
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat