Dubai Masterplan

Topic locked
Dubai Masterplan Feb 25, 2007
Hi all
If you love aerial photos of all dubai's mega projects etc i have found an excellent link on the web. Check out http://www.pbase.com/bmcmorrow/middleeast its excellent.
What i really want to see is a masterplan for this city (if it exists!). does anyone know of any such plan?
J :D

look4thebest
Dubai Forums Member

Re: Dubai Masterplan Feb 26, 2007
look4thebest wrote:Hi all
If you love aerial photos of all dubai's mega projects etc i have found an excellent link on the web. Check out http://www.pbase.com/bmcmorrow/middleeast its excellent.
What i really want to see is a masterplan for this city (if it exists!). does anyone know of any such plan?

HRH Sheikh Mohamed recently released the 2015 Dubai Masterplan.

Haven't seen it though, but yes one exists.

The Municipality also has a plan which outlines Municipality approved developments, but there is also Tecom and Dubailand which are planned separately.

I am unsure about who does the planning for Nakheel developments such as the three palms and the waterfront.

If you want to see a map though of what is coming, the one at DTCM is relatively good in terms of developments that are planned yet not finished.

http://www.dtcm-dubaimap.com/applet/map.html
^ian^
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Feb 26, 2007
Excellent link Ian thanks, it worked perfectly after I had downloaded the Java(TH) 2Platform, which is required.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Feb 26, 2007
yeah, thanks Ian mine looks like this "No Java 2 SDK, Standard Edition v 1.5 support for APPLET!!" - and there is a lot of space (hopefully for shade trees).
Concord
Dubai Forums Zealot

Feb 26, 2007
Thanks Ian thats just what i was looking for although it has made my pc go all slow!!
Thanks anyway
look4thebest
Dubai Forums Member

Feb 27, 2007
I thought its a very bad site.. applets n very bad rendering.. takes a loooong time.. .. but ofcourse. useful to those in need :D
St.Lucifer
Dubai Forums Knight

Feb 27, 2007
St.Lucifer wrote:I thought its a very bad site.. applets n very bad rendering.. takes a loooong time.. .. but ofcourse. useful to those in need :D

Works fine for me... never had a problem with it... and most importantly, it's VERY accurate.
^ian^
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Feb 27, 2007
^ian^ wrote:
St.Lucifer wrote:I thought its a very bad site.. applets n very bad rendering.. takes a loooong time.. .. but ofcourse. useful to those in need :D

Works fine for me... never had a problem with it... and most importantly, it's VERY accurate.

Agreed Ian
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat