MotoGP Coverage??

Topic locked
MotoGP coverage?? Feb 21, 2007
Hubby is a motogp fan and we need to know what channel/Pay TV company shows LIVE motogp coverage in Dubai???

Thanks!

DeeDee
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Feb 21, 2007
I am also a MotoGP and F1 fan and would love to know which channels show these motorsports.
The 2007 F1 season starts as early as 18th of March.

Cheers
hirenmistry
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Feb 22, 2007
hirenmistry wrote:I am also a MotoGP and F1 fan and would love to know which channels show these motorsports.
The 2007 F1 season starts as early as 18th of March.

Cheers

Looks like there aren't many F1 fans in Dubai. :cry:
hirenmistry
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Feb 23, 2007
DeeDee wrote:Hubby is a motogp fan and we need to know what channel/Pay TV company shows LIVE motogp coverage in Dubai???

Thanks!

Hi there,

Legally there's only one channel in UAE that shows MotoGP and F1 this year that is Al Jazeera sports... but it's in arabic commentary and sadly only MotoGP is shown and not 125/250cc category... aarrrrghhh!!!
faispro
Dubai Forum User

Feb 23, 2007
If you have Showtime or e-Vision pay TV, I believe you need to subscribe a la carte programs like Al Jazeera Sports +1 and +2. I'm not sure though it airs MotoGP (I'm out of Dubai at the moment).

I subscribed those two to watch football (Serie A and Champions League).
And the best thing is they often air AC Milan!
:wav:
xty
Dubai Forums Veteran

Feb 23, 2007
faispro wrote:Hi there,

Legally there's only one channel in UAE that shows MotoGP and F1 this year that is Al Jazeera sports... but it's in arabic commentary and sadly only MotoGP is shown and not 125/250cc category... aarrrrghhh!!!

Cool, thanks for this. Will need to check them out.
And what about other than 'legal' :twisted: sources??
hirenmistry
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Feb 23, 2007
hirenmistry wrote:Cool, thanks for this. Will need to check them out.
And what about other than 'legal' :twisted: sources??

I miss my home country, Indonesia. Everything is free there (even no satellite dish required): Serie A, English PL, Spanish League, Bundesliga, Champions League, UEFA Cup, Boxing, MotoGP, Formula1, everything!

In Dubai (and other countries I lived in), I have to pay services AND extra a la carte channels for those.

Oh by the way, ask if your apartment building mgmt allow you to put satellite dish on the premise. There are many FTA (Free To Air) channels that airs MotoGP legally and freely. Consult with nearest satellite services shop.

Or you may check yourself those satellites and free channels at lyngsat.com.
xty
Dubai Forums Veteran

Feb 23, 2007
Alternatively, if you have high speed broadband, sometimes you may get lucky also to watch your favorite programs by way of internet streaming.
To watch them, some channels requires Windows Media Player, others requires specific programs such as TVAnts, Sopcast, PPMate, PPStream.

Some streaming websites (mostly sports):
http://www.myp2p.eu/Other.htm
http://www.asiaplate.com/live.today.htm

Sometimes I watch live football from those sites when I'm out of Dubai.

And for you, here's the link for A1 Grand Prix (in Durban) on next Sunday (requires TVAnts program):
tvants://www.tvants.com/tvants/?k=ea5a5 ... 0d98e7574d
xty
Dubai Forums Veteran

Feb 24, 2007
Thanks a ton XTY. I will do this ASAP. :P

Cheers
hirenmistry
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Feb 25, 2007
Thanks guys
Will look into all of the above
The other alternative of course is to subscribe to Motogp.com and watch the races from the net. Although, they only show it live (from what I know) and you can't replay them.

I found a pub the other day that aired the World Superbikes in Losail live. I think it was a channel called Supersport?

Anyways, will continue to look! What a pain!!!
DeeDee
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Feb 25, 2007
DeeDee wrote:The other alternative of course is to subscribe to Motogp.com and watch the races from the net. Although, they only show it live (from what I know) and you can't replay them.

Forget to mention that those stream links I provided above are all FREE.

And there's always someone kind enough to upload those events if you want to watch it again. You may download here (requires torrent client such as utorrent, bitcomet, azureus).

http://www.isohunt.com/torrents/?ihq=motogp

There you go, plenty of choices ;)
As long as you have fast internet... you can have EVERYTHING ;)

PS: By providing this information. I don't encourage or take ANY responsibility whatsoever about piracy or intellectual properties ;)
xty
Dubai Forums Veteran

Feb 26, 2007
Did someone just mentioned MNet? ... Dang !
faispro
Dubai Forum User

Mar 10, 2007
Maybe we can arrange to meet up @ 1 of the pubs to watch MotoGP. I'll be in Dubai by April.....as for now, can still enjoy GP on satellite @ home. 8)
beaujarle
Dubai Forums Frequenter

posting in Dubai AutoForum Rules

Return to Dubai Auto