Loser! :roll:
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Feb 01, 2007
Fashion icon!!!
freza
Dubai chat master

Feb 01, 2007
From the outset, let’s make it clear I don’t support any of his political ideals.

The interest comes purely from the cult of personality that built up around him and his undeniable leadership. For an Austrian midget with black hair and a dodgy tache to convince the biggest European nation of the time that they were superior and should all work towards a blond, blue-eyed Aryan nation is quite frankly startling. Even when you watch old newsreel of him and you don’t understand a word of what he’s saying, he has a presence and delivery style that you just cannot ignore. It’s interesting that he went head to head with arguably the greatest leader and orator of the UK’s history, Sir Winston Churchill, yet their styles were so different. Hitler was based on slogan, repitition and transfixing the audience, Churchill used inspiring words and a subtle sense of urgency to convey his message, most memorably in his “finest hour” speech.

There are of course lessons to be learned. Hitler took hold in a great period of uncertainty in Germany. Still hurting from the world war 1 defeat, an economy of hyperinflation and a sense of envy that Germany had not been able to spread their influence globally in the way that Britain and France had through their colonial approaches. People wanted a hope to cling to and he offered them an ideal and several enemies to blame their troubles on. The potential for cult leaders to rise in the Middle East at the moment in not too different circumstances is real.

Most intriguing of all over the years has been the debate as to what drove otherwise normal men (and sometimes women) to commit such atrocious acts on behalf of this regime, most notoriously at their concentration camps. To an extent, he hypnotised and terrorised the Germans so much that they’d do anything for him, even going against otherwise normal senses of right and wrong and then many people still following his orders when it was clear the war was lost and Hitler was losing his grip on reality. I have no answer, just to say that he is a character from whom we should learn lessons and look to stop other countries from going down this road. The West never really took Stalin to task for his atrocities, we did take Saddam Hussein to task but it does not seem to be a popular decision around here!
scot1870
Dubai Expat Helper

Feb 01, 2007
Inspiration for the Ministry of Silly Walks - Ponty Python. (possibly)
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Feb 01, 2007
bad or good...thats his business with God...what i like abt him was he did what he wanted....? But i dont know the full story.

Did he do what he wanted? or was he lured into his position and played the puppet.

Who knows...who cares....
guest999

Feb 01, 2007
Ian - I think your intention is lost the guys here :lol: :lol:

What I don't understand is why he copied Charlie Chaplin's moustache? :lol:
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Feb 01, 2007
are you talking about as hitler himself as a leader or what he accomplished as hitler?
Bleakus
Dubai Forums Zealot

Re: Hitler Feb 01, 2007
^ian^ wrote:Madman or genius?

Let's chat about it here.

Also suffered with the Male Menopause.
sauron
Dubai Forums Veteran

Re: Hitler Feb 01, 2007

Genius gone mad
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Feb 02, 2007
He was a crazy little man, but he wasn`t stupid.........
Tropic23
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Feb 02, 2007
Tough guy
iceman
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Feb 02, 2007
Hitler???why u remembered him??
well I think he was a mad man, who believed in his great magic power...mayb coz he had a Spear of Longinus, what is realy strange..he used to take it everywhere he went and noone cud kill him,but when it was sent away from him, by mistake.that very day russians killed him and the war was won...strange ha? Guess where the Spear is now???the original I mean?...yes, its in America!
bonitta
Dubai chat master

Feb 02, 2007
we were secret lovers
bushra21
Dubai Forums Zealot

Feb 02, 2007
bushra21 wrote:we were secret lovers

I thought u don't like europeans.
bonitta
Dubai chat master

Feb 02, 2007
bonitta wrote:

i can make exceptions
bushra21
Dubai Forums Zealot

Feb 02, 2007
bonitta wrote:

She likes me 2
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Feb 02, 2007
bonitta wrote:Hitler???why u remembered him??
well I think he was a mad man, who believed in his great magic power...mayb coz he had a Spear of Longinus, what is realy strange..he used to take it everywhere he went and noone cud kill him,but when it was sent away from him, by mistake.that very day russians killed him and the war was won...strange ha? Guess where the Spear is now???the original I mean?...yes, its in America!

Russians didn`t kill him :roll:

He shot himself.....
Tropic23

Feb 02, 2007
Ian - what have you started here?
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Re: Hitler Feb 03, 2007
sage & onion wrote:

Genius gone mad

+1
Deniz
Dubai forums GURU

Feb 03, 2007
bonitta wrote: Guess where the Spear is now???the original I mean?...yes, its in America!

Half knowledge is indeed a dangerous thing....

Bonitta, stop reading fiction novels about the Lance... it is actually in the Kunsthistorisches Museum which is in Austria
KeithL
Dubai Forums Veteran

Feb 03, 2007
Tropic23 wrote:

He shot himself.....

Exactly, the suicide pact with Eva Braun is very well documented.

The war was "won" long before he died, it needed his death for the Germans to finally have the guts to admit it and surrender.
scot1870
Dubai Expat Helper

Re: Hitler Feb 04, 2007
Deniz wrote:
sage & onion wrote:

Genius gone mad

+1

+2
benwj

Feb 04, 2007
A marvelous Politician....

Did a lot of f-ed up sh*t...

But a marvelous politician none the less.
bear
Dubai chat master

Feb 11, 2007
KeithL wrote:
bonitta wrote: Guess where the Spear is now???the original I mean?...yes, its in America!

Half knowledge is indeed a dangerous thing....

Bonitta, stop reading fiction novels about the Lance... it is actually in the Kunsthistorisches Museum which is in Austria

not original..its copy!
bonitta
Dubai chat master

Feb 11, 2007
Tropic23 wrote:

He shot himself.....

there are lots of versions of his death..some say that he didn't die that day and lived for a long time after...who knows...
bonitta
Dubai chat master

Feb 15, 2007
He's a genius in the fact that he inspired an entire nation and lifted it from the depths to a super power. He's a genius becase of this. However, he is a flipping lunatic madman psycho of the highest order and we should all pray to whatever God we pray to that the world never again has to see or endure such atrocities.
giggsy
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Feb 15, 2007
bonitta wrote:
Tropic23 wrote:

He shot himself.....

there are lots of versions of his death..some say that he didn't die that day and lived for a long time after...who knows...

Hitler committed suicide in the Führerbunker on April 30, 1945 by means of a self-delivered shot to the head (it is likely he simultaneously bit into a cyanide ampoule).

It must have been clear to him that the war has been lost, because he even issued the so called "Nero Decree" shortly before his death, ordering the destruction of what remained of German industry, communications and transport.
Globetrotter
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Feb 15, 2007
scot1870 wrote:There are of course lessons to be learned. Hitler took hold in a great period of uncertainty in Germany. Still hurting from the world war 1 defeat, an economy of hyperinflation and a sense of envy that Germany had not been able to spread their influence globally in the way that Britain and France had through their colonial approaches. People wanted a hope to cling to and he offered them an ideal and several enemies to blame their troubles on. The potential for cult leaders to rise in the Middle East at the moment in not too different circumstances is real.

I fully agree with that.
Globetrotter
Dubai Forums Frequenter

posting in Philosophy and Religion ForumsForum Rules

Return to Philosophy and Religion Forums