How Much U Willing To Pay For....

Topic locked

How much wud be a decent monthly charge?

50 AED per month
No votes
80 AED per month
60%
100 AED
40%

Total votes : 5

How much u willing to pay for.... Jan 23, 2007
I currently have a server running in Dubai Internet City which has OPEN Internet access to EVERYTHING.

I am willing to lease VPN connection for ppl for a monthly charge.

This means

1. You connect to the internet the way you normally do.
2. You connect again to our server the same way you connect to the internet, except that you put in an IP address instead of etisalats numbers. Then you get connected to the server.

3. No more Blocked sites.

Advantages:

Speed is VERY FAST...as if ur browsing normally.

How much wud be a decent monthly charge if i were to provide this service.

And guess what....its COMPETLY safe for u...because etisalat will track down the server in DIC....not you....so you can browse and do what ever u want without anyone knowing....(we get into trouble..not u, so leave that to me)

And eahc person will have their account user name and password....so only u can access it and no one else.

guest999

Jan 23, 2007
I think it wud be more reasonable to charge by Kilo Byte instead of month.

This way...if u dont use it...u dont pay at all...
guest999

Jan 23, 2007
I think alot of people would be open to a service like this and good luck with your venture, but isn't DU meant to have a proxy i.e. when DU starts in March and takes over DIC there won't be 'free' internet in the free zones.
fayz
Dubai Forums Knight
Location: take a left at the Bebsi interchange, that is the Bebsi interchange

Jan 23, 2007
coming to think of it...would be nice to have such a service...server doesnt neccessarily have to be in UAE....can be in another country....

hmmmmmmm..... nice idea to look into...
guest999

Jan 23, 2007
fayz wrote:I think alot of people would be open to a service like this and good luck with your venture, but isn't DU meant to have a proxy i.e. when DU starts in March and takes over DIC there won't be 'free' internet in the free zones.

i dont think so...coz that goes against the whole idea of it bing a freezone in the first place.

Honestly i dont think there will ever be a major difference between Du or Etisalat...its all one big conspiracy...theyre both craP.
guest999

Feb 03, 2007
You do realise that the Telecom Regulatory A$$holes will treat this as a criminal offense and that Etisalat can screw the users using this service.

First of all, regardless of whether you take responsibility or not, according to Etisalat's policy, users are not allowed to bypass their proxy. Forget Etisalat, the TRA will not accept it. If you didn't already know, they're all a big cartel.

Now if you know a little networking you would know that its real easy for Etisalat/ Du/ Tecom to spot user traffic accessing your server and yes they can easily find out which users have been using your service so the USERS WILL ALSO GET INTO TROUBLE because they didn't follow Etisalat's policy. Yes it sucks.

So I would suggest you to think twice.
redbullny
Dubai Forum Visitor

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat