Help I'm Expecting....

Topic locked
help i'm expecting.... Jan 31, 2007
hi.
i'm pregnant for 2 months now. as soon as we learned of my situation 2 weeks ago, we started gathering the required certificates to get married in the embassy. we might be lucky to get married by the end of feb. we are both asians.

i'm planning to give birth here, but am afraid of the consequences that might arise, should the government finds out that i got pregnant before the marriage.

what might be the problems when i have to apply for the birth certificate, and eventually for the visa. (my husband-to-be and i are both earning well, so sponsorship issues may not be a problem.) are we going to be prosecuted or tried for getting pregnant out of wedlock?

please enlighten me... thanks!

chiriru
Dubai Forum Guest

Jan 31, 2007
My friends were in the same situation.
Rather than even take the risk of getting married here (court or embassy) they went to India and got married.
However, because the hospitals may realize baby was conceived early etc (not sure if they see the marriage date) my friends went to someone in India, the land of corruption, and got a court issued license with a prior date.

Fortunately, they were both in India at the same time on holiday according to their passports, so issuing a marriage license with an earlier date wasn't a problem.

Good luck, Happy Parenting and Congratulations! :)
ineedacoolnick
Dubai forums Addict

Feb 01, 2007
thanks for the reply, appreciate that very much!
chiriru
Dubai Forum Guest

Feb 01, 2007
I'm not going to be much help, but have you checked out www.expatmum.com, I think they have a forum as well and because they are more parenting focused, maybe you'll find people that have gone through similar situations.

good luck and congrats :), keep us posted on how things go.
fayz
Dubai Forums Knight
Location: take a left at the Bebsi interchange, that is the Bebsi interchange

Feb 03, 2007
fayz wrote:I'm not going to be much help, but have you checked out www.expatmum.com , I think they have a forum as well and because they are more parenting focused, maybe you'll find people that have gone through similar situations.

good luck and congrats :), keep us posted on how things go.

thanks... i'll surely check out that site. :D
chiriru
Dubai Forum Guest

Re: help i'm expecting.... Feb 04, 2007
chiriru wrote:hi.
i'm pregnant for 2 months now. as soon as we learned of my situation 2 weeks ago, we started gathering the required certificates to get married in the embassy. we might be lucky to get married by the end of feb. we are both asians.

i'm planning to give birth here, but am afraid of the consequences that might arise, should the government finds out that i got pregnant before the marriage.

what might be the problems when i have to apply for the birth certificate, and eventually for the visa. (my husband-to-be and i are both earning well, so sponsorship issues may not be a problem.) are we going to be prosecuted or tried for getting pregnant out of wedlock?

please enlighten me... thanks!

"
why do we have Condom in this world ? to make "Ballon" ? "

Just tell the government that no one can avoid casualties during war and Love. :P

Concord , do we need " Pregenent forum" . Where Choco can distribute
"How to avoid Pregenency " " Free condom guide to Middle east".
HP
Dubai Forums Knight

Feb 05, 2007
was it okay or i provide u more tips :=)
HP
Dubai Forums Knight

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat