Rental Ads Question

Topic locked
rental ads question Aug 28, 2005
Could someone please let me know what the heck is meant by:

0BR - 1BR flat?

What kind of apartment is that? I noticed the same applies to villas too...something like: 0BR - 3BR etc..

Kind regards,

Acebravo
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Aug 29, 2005
AceB;

You'll find many abbreviations in the 'for rent' advertisements ... check out the GulfNews.com / classifieds / abbreviations pop-up for an interesting read sometime.

In the meantime;
0, 1 and 3 are numbers

BR symbolises the chill factor. So 0 Br means poor A/C, 1 Br (more accurately 1 Br Br) indicates average A/C and 3 Br (or Br Br Brrrrr) indicates that the A/C blasts at arctic temperatures.

Some people will tell you that 'BR' is an abbreviation for bedrooms, but they're only trying to fool you - don't be conned. And that '0 BR' means 'studio flat'.

But I've (not yet) seen a "Villa 0 Br" for let? Would be kinda funky.

HTH - Stuart
Stuart
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Aug 29, 2005
Stuart that was hilarious, i really hope you where kidding and not serious.

Br does stand for bedroom, and when they say 0br in villa it usually means a studio that is detached from, but part of, a villa.
MaaaD
Dubai Forums Zealot

Aug 29, 2005
Stuart,

Thanks for the reply; interesting! I never thought it would mean the chill factor :-) I actually thought it meant bedroom, hence the confusion about the 0BR!

I shall take a look at gulfnews.com but I will always insist on seeing the place before commiting to anything if I ever come to Dubai :-)

Thanks again, much appreciated!
Acebravo
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Aug 29, 2005
Of course BR stands for BEDROOM, Stuart was taking the P***!
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

posting in Accommodation in DubaiForum Rules

Return to Accommodation in Dubai