What Are The Ingredients That Grant Success/happiness

Topic locked
What are the ingredients that grant success/happiness Dec 21, 2006
what is success/happiness about?
is it a social myth or an intrinsic value?
i tried the first, and managed to sell the image of a "happy successful me", but then again, according to social cliches...
did not work out as per latest balance sheet review... :wink: i built up a good number of assets, but my "self-liabilties" are quite costly...
i think now real bliss is about the expectations we set ourselves, and how aligned they are with our real aspirations...
sorry for those for which this doesn't make lots of sense...

camelia
Dubai Forums Member

Dec 21, 2006
i recently started feeling overwhelmed with existential questions... is the material success that we're all somehow reaching for worth all the sacrifces: health, family, friends, ... dreams...
wouldnt i be better off with less material ties, and more self-oriented ties: treating myself, not by buying a diamond ring, or a prada dress, the satisfaction then is too short... just immediate... illusionary..
but treating myself by taking the time to enjoy life, to be nice to me, to feel the taste of life..
it seems we live more in the past (shoot, i forgot to send the freaking report) and future (oh, i need to answer that request first thing tomorrow morning), and rarely appreciate the present..
anyone who echoes those feelings... or am i simply ageing ;-)
camelia
Dubai Forums Member

Dec 21, 2006
I can hear you well camelia. :D
asc_26
Dubai forums GURU

Dec 21, 2006
camelia wrote:. It seems we live more in the past (shoot, i forgot to send the freaking report) and future (oh, i need to answer that request first thing tomorrow morning), and rarely appreciate the present..

That is me to a capital T.

Do you know now i make good money i am in a high position and doing well in life - but you know what 10 years ago I had a job for year as a gardener and I was as happy as larry. There was no office politics, driving for promotion, going the 'extra mile', 'lunch is for wimps' etc etc.

I mean you can hardly get stressed at a bush or a lawn of grass :)
jabbajabba
Dubai chat master

Dec 21, 2006
jabbajabba wrote:
camelia wrote:. It seems we live more in the past (shoot, i forgot to send the freaking report) and future (oh, i need to answer that request first thing tomorrow morning), and rarely appreciate the present..

Do you know now i make good money i am in a high position and doing well in life - but you know what 10 years ago I had a job for year as a gardener and I was as happy as larry. There was no office politics, driving for promotion, going the 'extra mile', 'lunch is for wimps' etc etc.

:lol:
gardener... sounds like music to my ears...
as you said "you can hardly get stressed at a bush or a lawn of grass "..
would you be "brave" enough to go back to that, again for society, it's a step forward, but for the self, it's a big one forward...
i dunno if i would... the psychological cost is high in either case...
camelia
Dubai Forums Member

Dec 21, 2006
camelia wrote:
jabbajabba wrote:

:lol:
gardener... sounds like music to my ears...
as you said "you can hardly get stressed at a bush or a lawn of grass "..
would you be "brave" enough to go back to that, again for society, it's a step forward, but for the self, it's a big one forward...
i dunno if i would... the psychological cost is high in either case...

i meant backwards for society..
camelia
Dubai Forums Member

Jan 05, 2007
What are the ingredients that grant success/happiness?
As long as your contented with what you have and not wanting what you can't afford. Some of us here is successful financially, but have problems with their family some are poor but they are happy with what they have. Just know the wants and needs you'll see the level of what you call success/happiness. Because some of the situation is we saw this guy/gal with an expensive dress, expensive jewelry and a nice car but those things are acquired from loans/credits and is having a hard time paying it.
pitbulero
Dubai Forums Member

posting in Dubai RomanceForum Rules

Return to Dubai Romance