Is There Something I Should Know About Al Barsha?

Topic locked
Is there something I should know about Al Barsha? Dec 26, 2006
I went for a walk yesterday from my house in the Lakes to Mall of the Emirates and had a very strange experience. In total on the way there and back, 3 cars stopped to “offer me a lift” home. I’ve heard about the generosity of the locals but they seemed a mix of nationalities (I wasn’t hanging around to get their life story). All 3 were guys in the car on their own.

So is there’s something strange about Al Barsha that it’s well known as, well, a gay haunt to put it politely? Or am I just being a paranoid Westerner who doesn’t trust single guys in cars offering me their charity???

scot1870
Dubai Expat Helper

Dec 26, 2006
Could be just "private taxis".
Guilo2
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Dec 26, 2006
:lol: :lol: :lol:

barsha ... i thought them kindda stuff had died down in barsha cause of all them developments down there .. but i see its still going on ..
barsha is like the rape spot of the city .. an yea especially guy on guy action ...

an nahhh dont go around sayin ohhhh thats sooo gay ... u gonna offend some of em local''s ... cause when one of them goes an bang's a guy .. they have achiev'd somethin gangsta ... they boast about it between eachother ....
Jamal
Mr. DubaiForums 2006

Re: Is there something I should know about Al Barsha? Dec 26, 2006
scot1870 wrote:I went for a walk yesterday from my house in the Lakes to Mall of the Emirates and had a very strange experience. In total on the way there and back, 3 cars stopped to “offer me a lift” home. I’ve heard about the generosity of the locals but they seemed a mix of nationalities (I wasn’t hanging around to get their life story). All 3 were guys in the car on their own.

So is there’s something strange about Al Barsha that it’s well known as, well, a gay haunt to put it politely? Or am I just being a paranoid Westerner who doesn’t trust single guys in cars offering me their charity???

sometimes people are just nice, if you wanna feel safer carry a knife with you incase

do people offer you rides back home (in your country)
Bleakus
Dubai Forums Zealot

Dec 26, 2006
Jamal wrote::lol: :lol: :lol:

barsha ... i thought them kindda stuff had died down in barsha cause of all them developments down there .. but i see its still going on ..
barsha is like the rape spot of the city .. an yea especially guy on guy action ...

an nahhh dont go around sayin ohhhh thats sooo gay ... u gonna offend some of em local''s ... cause when one of them goes an bang's a guy .. they have achiev'd somethin gangsta ... they boast about it between eachother ....

what kind of screwed up local do you hang around with dude?
Bleakus
Dubai Forums Zealot

Dec 26, 2006
hahaha .. common now u aint heard them sayin that shit..

i aint bullshittin ... i hang around with the one's who still havent been exposed .. u know wat i mean ..

an ohh yea homie .. my bad i didnt come through for the paintball thing ... i thought it was going down cause of no re-confirmation and stuff ... but anyways ... dat aint an excuse its lame i know .... so my bad again man ... one .
Jamal
Mr. DubaiForums 2006

Bleakus wrote:
scot1870 wrote:I went for a walk yesterday from my house in the Lakes to Mall of the Emirates and had a very strange experience. In total on the way there and back, 3 cars stopped to “offer me a lift” home. I’ve heard about the generosity of the locals but they seemed a mix of nationalities (I wasn’t hanging around to get their life story). All 3 were guys in the car on their own.

sometimes people are just nice, if you wanna feel safer carry a knife with you incase

do people offer you rides back home (in your country)

Not usually.
In the country maybe, never in a city.
But it is quite normal to walk somewhere in other countries.
Everyone drives here, so if they see someone walking, they assume that something is wrong.
In that case, it is nice of them to offer help.

But I am more inclined to believe Jamal's explanation.
Your not gay unless you take it, right Jamal?
benwj
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Dec 26, 2006
well thats what ive been hearin them local homies sayin...

that if u just give it .. an dont let it penatrate u .. then u still a man .
Jamal
Mr. DubaiForums 2006

Dec 26, 2006
Jamal wrote:hahaha .. common now u aint heard them sayin that shit..

i aint bullshittin ... i hang around with the one's who still havent been exposed .. u know wat i mean ..

an ohh yea homie .. my bad i didnt come through for the paintball thing ... i thought it was going down cause of no re-confirmation and stuff ... but anyways ... dat aint an excuse its lame i know .... so my bad again man ... one .

i heard of that shit but still like dude, i love women too much......not into penetrating other dudes

ps. you gotta stop hangin around with these dudes, never know what will happen when you turn your back, know what im sayin homie :lol: :lol:

catch my drift
Bleakus
Dubai Forums Zealot

Dec 26, 2006
Just make sure that your back is to the wall if any of those guys come after you again :lol: :lol: :lol:
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Dec 26, 2006
yeah man, we are going to play this friday dude.....you better make it this time
Bleakus
Dubai Forums Zealot

Obviously you were wearing a rather tight pair of trousers which looked "attarctive" from behind.

But one question: what kinda car were they driving, these guys that were offering you lifts? That may provide a more substantive answer.
yorky500
Dubai forums GURU

Dec 26, 2006
sage & onion wrote:Just make sure that your back is to the wall if any of those guys come after you again :lol: :lol: :lol:

i dont think the wall will do the trick ;)
Bleakus
Dubai Forums Zealot

Dec 26, 2006
Bleakus wrote:
sage & onion wrote:Just make sure that your back is to the wall if any of those guys come after you again :lol: :lol: :lol:

i dont think the wall will do the trick ;)

As bad as that :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Dec 29, 2006
Its just private taxis guys .. lets keep your gay rape fantasies aside. Al Barsha and the greens have alot of guys roaming around offering rides.
MaaaD
Dubai Forums Zealot

Dec 29, 2006
MAAAD comeon u neva heard the saying:- a favour for a favour Di*k is wat i gave her

now that is in other countries here the word HER doesnt matter hahahhahahahahha

DON
ISH
ISH
Dubai chat master

Jan 01, 2007
Jamal wrote:well thats what ive been hearin them local homies sayin...

that if u just give it .. an dont let it penatrate u .. then u still a man .

Yeah I've heard this too, from multiple sources.

And it's not just a Dubai/UAE thing, it's regional. Wider region in fact, I've heard it from Pakistan and Afghanistan too. The young boys that get raped are considered the "gay" ones, the men giving to them are just "being manly".
secretdubai
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Jan 02, 2007
getting back to Barsha. might be moving there soon, depends on lot of things, but its an option. so not sure i wanna see men salivating after other men wherever i turn my head :lol:
so seriously, in budapest there was an area where everybody knew gays were at home. same in all bigger cities i guess. is this Barsha Dubai's gay nest or u guys just fooling around and messing with the head of the poor guy?
raidah
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Re: Is there something I should know about Al Barsha? Jan 02, 2007
yorky500 wrote:
Obviously you were wearing a rather tight pair of trousers which looked "attarctive" from behind.

No, no, no.

It was stilletos and a mini skirt. The blond wig I had on must have confused them :lol:

Saw it again the other day when driving back to the mall, could just be some nice people and I'm just being paranoid. Not particularly worried for my well being, if I was able to walk home at night on the streets of Glasgow I'm sure as hell not scared of anything Dubai can throw at me.
scot1870
Dubai Expat Helper

Jan 07, 2007
hahhahahahh so wat if u look appealing to them niggaz hahhahahahhaha

DON
ISH
ISH
Dubai chat master

Re: Is there something I should know about Al Barsha? Jan 07, 2007
scot1870 wrote: Not particularly worried for my well being, if I was able to walk home at night on the streets of Glasgow I'm sure as hell not scared of anything Dubai can throw at me.

I will second you on that statement. Great place though is glasgee, many a good weekend up there.
yorky500
Dubai forums GURU

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat