:(

Topic locked
:( Dec 14, 2006
There is a big accident in SZR ever1 is talking about at the office here. There’s injuries n death’s, truck involved...i pry for the lost souls of ppl on that road :cry: :cry: ..guys drive safely today

Any further information?

mema
Dubai forums Addict

Dec 14, 2006
Was it because of the rains? i dont know coz am away right now in India.

may their souls rest in peace
Jeevan
Dubai Forums Zealot

Dec 14, 2006
Hearsay- A Bus full of labourers fell of the bridge near Al Quoz and onto some vehicles below..Apparant break fail.....
devilsdiciple
Dubai Expat Helper

Dec 14, 2006
devilsdiciple wrote:Hearsay- A Bus full of labourers fell of the bridge near Al Quoz and onto some vehicles below..Apparant break fail.....

Must be hearsay. I drove past the scene and it's a long way to fall horizontally from the overpass. What appears to have happened is the bus has collided with the wall in the median strip and cakerolled along SZR.

The damage to the median strip alone is terrible. The bus looked like a crunched up twisted tin can... there had to be deaths although thank god I didn't see any.
^ian^
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Dec 14, 2006
Must be...But one of my co-worker was stuck there and she saw abt 3-5 ambulances and and a airlift chopper

Any ways my prayers for all the families....RIP!!!!
devilsdiciple
Dubai Expat Helper

Dec 14, 2006
Well, condolences to family of the victims and the like, BUT

Man, when is RTA/Police gonna do something about the state of the buses and the quality of drivers? I see them every damn day speeding, with no lights on (even though its dark), brake lights that do not work, changing lanes with no indication etc, etc, etc. I could go on and and on and on.

I do that stretch of road every morning between 06:15 to 06:40. Its sheer freaking chaos.
yorky500
Dubai forums GURU

Dec 14, 2006
yorky500 wrote:Man, when is RTA/Police gonna do something about the state of the buses and the quality of drivers? I see them every damn day speeding, with no lights on (even though its dark), brake lights that do not work, changing lanes with no indication etc, etc, etc. I could go on and and on and on.

I agree..Bus drivers scary me to death :?
mema
Dubai forums Addict

Dec 14, 2006
Coops
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Dec 14, 2006
Thats bullshit, it happened at 06:30, not 07:30!
yorky500
Dubai forums GURU

Dec 14, 2006
well it does say "at around" :) and i think "more follows" means: we might change the facts throughout the day as we find out what actually happened.
Coops
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Dec 14, 2006
I can only wonder the speed it was going at in the wet.

apparently it was heading towards Abu Dhabi... how it ended up blocking 3 lanes on SZR is anyone's guess, but it must have been going at some tilt to smash through the median strip.
^ian^
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Dec 14, 2006
^ian^ wrote:I can only wonder the speed it was going at in the wet.

apparently it was heading towards Abu Dhabi... how it ended up blocking 3 lanes on SZR is anyone's guess, but it must have been going at some tilt to smash through the median strip.

Ahhhhhhhhhh, if there was aminibus involved, then I am sorry, I have no sympathy for its driver. They are complete and utter freaking lunatics on the road.

Thye drive at speeds for which the car was not designed to be driven at esp when they tailgate 99.9% of the time, often the minivan is in poor condition and overloaded.
yorky500
Dubai forums GURU

Dec 14, 2006

MaaaD
Dubai Forums Zealot

Dec 14, 2006
there was also a 3 car pile-up on the other side of that (i believe), probably from some fooking idiot rubber-nekker!
yorky500
Dubai forums GURU

Dec 14, 2006
yorky you got stuck in this mess ?
MaaaD
Dubai Forums Zealot

Dec 17, 2006
MaaaD wrote:yorky you got stuck in this mess ?

Nar, I heard it when I was on Garhoud Bridge, so was able to get off at Defense and head on up Beach Road, joined SZR after that.
yorky500
Dubai forums GURU

Dec 17, 2006
9 lives were lost. Condolences. :oops:
zam
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat