Dear Beloved (Read Bottom First)

Topic locked
Dear Beloved (Read bottom first) Dec 12, 2006
Dear Hajia,

On seeing the title of your email i was in quite a hurry to open it as I have not been called this in many years 'Dear Beloved', and I thank you. Though having said that it would be interesting to know if you are still in love with your dead husband General Abacha as i am sure this term 'Dear Beloved' must have been reserved for emails to him, he is most surely turning in his grave right now. I am also quite sure he takes offence to the last statement as well "Sincerely Yours"

So my first request is for you to please retract the title of this email as I would not want some Nigerian witch doctor curse from the dead placed on my head.

I am very saddened to hear that you have been thrown into the state of hopelessness, I have researched all of Nigeria’s 37 states and no where do they mention a state called 'hopelessness'. Maybe this is a nickname for another state? If you can be clearer we could send someone to set you free.

It is very pleasing that you have conducted through research and you managed to locate this address, a very secret address of mine that i do not give out to anyone. I have therefore concluded that you have been stalking me for a while, another compliment and thank you, thank you very much for that. It also shows your powers in cyber investigation and forensics a talent I believe is in very high demand with the current spates of internet scams. Should you break free of hopelessness I am sure you shall be able to get a job at one of these firms. Not that you would need one, considering the amount of money your husband has left you.

Now back to the money, 20% of 12.6 million dollars is whole lot of money, but not nearly enough for me to retire on. If I am to exchange contact details i.e. (Phone Numbers) I would need much more then just 20%, considering you need me and i do not need you. I think somewhere along the lines of 85% is more fair. I trust you will be happy with this arrangement and should you wish to continue please forward me your phone number and I shall contact you.

Regards,
Jacob

>From: "hajia mariam" <hajia_mariam7502@hotmail.com>
>Reply-To: hajia_mariam7501@yahoo.com
>Subject: Dear Beloved
>Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2006 11:46:07 +0100
>
>Dear Beloved,
>
>Due to the sudden death of my husband GeneralAbacha the former head
>of state of Nigeria in une
>1998, I have been thrown into a state of hopelessness by the present
>administration.I have lost confidence with anybody within my
>country. I got your contacts through personal research, and had to
>reach you through this medium. I will give you more details when you
>reply.
>
>Due to security network placed on my daily affairs I cant visit the
>embassy so that is why I have
>contacted you. My husband deposited $12.6million dollars with a
>security firm abroad whose name is witheld for now till we
>communicate. I will be happy if you can receive this funds and keep
>it safe I assure you 20% of this fund. I will need your
>telephone/mobile numbers so that we can commence communication.
>
>Sincerely Yours
>
>Hajia Mariam.
>
>_________________________________________________________________
>FREE pop-up blocking with the new MSN Toolbar - get it now!
>http://toolbar.msn.click-url.com/go/onm00200415ave/direct/01/
>

MrLonely
Dubai Forums Member

Dec 12, 2006
Very common from African countries.

I have been receiving these types of mails from different people having millions of dollars to be transferred for the last aobut 10 years.

A new approach:

I have received an enquiry for the product that I am dealing in. Upon submission of my quotation They confirmed that the quotation is accepted and furnish original one enabling them to transfer the advance payments. also done this. Then they said I have to send about US$ 6,000 for registration of my firm along with tender fees. I replied please deduct that money from my advance payment and they never came back to me. This is total fraud.
abdalrasheed
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Dec 12, 2006
The Nigerians are scammers just have a look on ebay how many scams they try and pull
Galactico
Dubai forums GURU

Dec 12, 2006
Galactico wrote:The Nigerians are scammers just have a look on ebay how many scams they try and pull

This is very racist remark!! I know many Nigerians who are not scammers!!! The Nigerians scam started from Nigeria but now been used all over the world but the police gave it the name as Nigerians scam and it does not necessarily mean it come from there now days. Regardless if originate from there or not it is not nice way to label a whole nation of the mistake of few.
sara_uk
Dubai Forums Veteran

Dec 12, 2006
well said sara!
Legendkiller
Dubai forums Addict

Dec 12, 2006
Hi Sheikha,

i know it's fraustrated to hear this,
any way anything can happen at any time and at anywhere,
well i'm 22year old guy from ghana west africa,
but i had this sad and missfortune story,
on the 18july2006, we were about three who left ghana for u.s.a by what people call the stoway
well we started the journey and we came to the coast of dakar,one week later been stranded,
well riching we two had 2500$ dollars on us,but the other had about 4000$ on him,
so reaching the coast of dakar, we met people who called them selves shipmen, these said people we
were the poeple who help others to travel to the u.s.a while they carge you the amount they want to,
so the charged us each 2000$ cause we didnt have valid documents,
after that,we boarded the ship which was beleive to go to one of the south american countires before
reaching the u.s.a,
we stayed in this ship for almost half a month and we made our way to cuba,
reaching cuba, the ship gotstopped to ounload some farm items been transported from africa,
all of a surthen we got caught,
so the ship captain then got to know that we wre in the ship,
so the officials of the cuban port decided we should be deported back to africa,
so we wre brought back to senegal.
reaching senegal we decided to plan well, so our plan enede by helping each other with
money left on us,
i gave $400 of my $500 to my friend who also had $500 and the other friend had almost $2000
so they tried another chance and the succeeded, we made our minds to help each other,
but now i'm left here on the coast of dakar and starving and getting freezed,
i'm pleaded on you the reader to help me with what you can help me with,
either to go back or continue to go forward,
i've also run out of my pennny left on me,
my email address is:silence_prince_1@yahoo.com
please have heart and kindly help me,
may God bless you for having time to read this only,
i know since you read this even if you cant help you may pray for me,
so that everything could be become very easy for me.
thak you very much with anticipation,
stay bless.

what i really want to know is if you are so poor;so unfortunate, how can you afford to pay the internet cafe fees....assuming you dont have your own computer/laptop and internet connection :roll:

also, if you have enough time to sit, search for people, make up a story and send it out --- shouldnt you have enough time to find a job and work to earn some money.

i mean honestly.
bushra21
Dubai Forums Zealot

Dec 13, 2006
Its not meant to be a racist remark Sara Im not implying the whole nation. However in the last year they have been doing a lot of these scams I been selling on ebay and I have had to deal with a lot of there scam.
Galactico
Dubai forums GURU

Dec 13, 2006
Galactico wrote:Its not meant to be a racist remark Sara Im not implying the whole nation. However in the last year they have been doing a lot of these scams I been selling on ebay and I have had to deal with a lot of there scam.

lol, i know, when i was selling my ps2 before i came so i could make some cash i got all these emails from people from nigeria and south africa asking if i could send them the ps2 and they would pay using some bogus paythingy. morons...i mean honestly, who is stupid enough to believe this stuff.
bushra21
Dubai Forums Zealot

Dec 13, 2006
Well guys, allow me to add to this, first, it's wrong to talk about a whole nation in general that's true, but something else... most of those e-mails are not really from real Africans, if you take a minute to analyze what's happening, you'll get it, those are people who are trying to get your personal information so they can either abuse it by using your real information in pre-business contracts transactions, or those are some spammers not phishers -cuz this method is called phishing- trying to know how often your e-mail is read, and if you are really interested in illegal activities, in anyway, this's a very illegal, artful, non the less smart business scan/research done by professionals to collect alot of information only god knows what, the African mails started with real people who have real money from diamonds or dope or being war lord and they want to do some laundry, but they were not send to normal people like you and me, they were sent to CEOs, managers...etc, then it evolved to be an automated process in which the sender collects random massive information about the victims and do anything that could be done, so why they are not really Africans? because logistically it's so hard to believe that an African who is living WAY under the poverty line is able to get up on the internet and do this organized crime type of business, plus, not all African countries have a well built IT infrastructure, I am running out of reasons, but I’ll use the most true one for me, which is my sense, and that'll be it, so next time you get such an e-mail, just delete it and don't both even to read it..
Rami
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Dec 13, 2006
better still tell them go F*** yourself it works :D
Galactico
Dubai forums GURU

Dec 13, 2006
here you go :D be creative dude, nice ideas so far LOL
Rami
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Dec 13, 2006
I cant compete with your long coment about the scams so do it the old english way LOL 8)
Galactico
Dubai forums GURU

Dec 13, 2006
lol, well, you said what i wanted to say in four words, so great lol
Rami
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Dec 13, 2006
Galactico wrote:Its not meant to be a racist remark Sara Im not implying the whole nation. However in the last year they have been doing a lot of these scams I been selling on ebay and I have had to deal with a lot of there scam.

Iam glad you did not mean it but you statement was generalising and we have to be careful of that. I think Rami has sum it up very nicely but sometimes you wonder why a group of people end up doing the same thing it is like having a bad apple, that why environment can affect people’s choices and most people label them as bad group. It is really sad when people get scared been stereotyped that they hide their identity. I had friends who do not say they are Nigerians because of such stereotype.
sara_uk
Dubai Forums Veteran

Dec 13, 2006
bushra21 wrote:

lol, i know, when i was selling my ps2 before i came so i could make some cash i got all these emails from people from nigeria and south africa asking if i could send them the ps2 and they would pay using some bogus paythingy. morons...i mean honestly, who is stupid enough to believe this stuff.

You will be surprised, they target first timers. Do you think if they do not get victims, will carry promoting these scams??? From 100 emails if one person responds it is something!!
sara_uk
Dubai Forums Veteran

Dec 13, 2006
sara_uk wrote:
bushra21 wrote:

You will be surprised, they target first timers. Do you think if they do not get victims, will carry promoting these scams??? From 100 emails if one person responds it is something!!

true. you bring up a good point. but how can people be so gullable to believe those scams. i dunno, oh well, thank god i can tell the difference between them.
bushra21
Dubai Forums Zealot

Dec 13, 2006
bushra21 wrote:true. you bring up a good point. but how can people be so gullable to believe those scams. i dunno, oh well, thank god i can tell the difference between them.

It is not been gullible but some can’t see the difference I guess! A friend of mine told me she has won a prize but the company is in the UK, she is Egyptian and a lawyer too so I congratulated her and asked her details. She sent me the email and I smelt something fishy! So I asked what competition she entered she said none!!1 I knew nobody gives anything for free and prize was £500K. All they ask is for copy of passport, address, a photo and bank details. I told her not to send any but she was tempted because she thought that she can open a new account to get the money then transfer it and no one will know. It was clear it was money laundry so she replied first but then she was hesitant to send more info, because she trusted me, then they sent her those canned scam email. She really was tempted and thought what if it was genuine prize!! Well I advised her not to because these of kind of scams is in big scale, people might think it is a joke but once you accept the offer to help and think you can screw them over! Think again!! They know where you live, your family etc and guess what?? after they finish their laundry they will not pay and might even kill. There are enough stories about those scams; even the police have made information leaflets about them.
sara_uk
Dubai Forums Veteran

Dec 13, 2006
Its very simple, They pray on 1 of mans 7 deadly sins some would say most peoples weakness. Greed!
MrLonely
Dubai Forums Member

Dec 13, 2006
Also... you cant exactly class a whole country as being corrupt or whatever. BUT! when nigerians are synonymous with drug dealings, and scams then.. what? Theres a reason why its called the 419 SCAM because it originated in NIGERIA and 419 is the penal code for the scam. In most countries in africa if you want drugs you speak to a nigerian. Nigeria has only been recently knocked off the top spot for being the most corrupt country, they still hold second place though.
MrLonely
Dubai Forums Member

posting in Dubai RomanceForum Rules

Return to Dubai Romance