DOGS

Topic locked
DOGS Nov 23, 2006
Forgive me if i asked a nursery question. I can't erase in my mind the post i read in genchat thread that DOGS are Haraam. Is it true? If yes, how can a dog be haraam to Islam?

Enlighten me please..Thanks!

asc_26
Dubai forums GURU

Nov 24, 2006
Because dogs are filthy and drooly and "they make angels leave the places dogs are in" so if you own a dog, no angels for you.

But i only think they are back stabbing face-biting smelly drooly animals, so they arent cool really.
PARANOID
Dubai forums Addict

Nov 24, 2006
Paranoid, is it really stated in qur-an? are there verses or something...
asc_26
Dubai forums GURU

Nov 24, 2006
PARANOID wrote:Because dogs are filthy and drooly and "they make angels leave the places dogs are in" so if you own a dog, no angels for you.

But i only think they are back stabbing face-biting smelly drooly animals, so they arent cool really.

mind u...there r ppl filthier than my dogs :lol: :lol: and men who drool more when they see a fine good looking woman than my dogs drooling over their pedigree meal :lol:

dogs r great animals! so cute :P
alexandra
Dubai Forums Veteran

Nov 24, 2006
That's nice alex, like I said. no angels for you :lol:

asc_26 wrote:Paranoid, is it really stated in qur-an? are there verses or something...

I believe it's in the hadith, not Quran. I know this mufti-like guy online, i'll ask him now about it. He fetches stuff in minutes.
PARANOID
Dubai forums Addict

Nov 24, 2006
alexandra wrote:
dogs r great animals! so cute :P

yes I'm sure you'll still feel that way when you lose a lip 8)
PARANOID
Dubai forums Addict

Nov 24, 2006
what's hadith?
asc_26
Dubai forums GURU

Nov 24, 2006
asc_26 wrote:what's hadith?

A saying by the prophet Muhammed which is used as the second guide for muslims after the Quran.
PARANOID
Dubai forums Addict

Nov 24, 2006
a saying? can you phrase the whole saying please..
asc_26
Dubai forums GURU

Nov 24, 2006
asc_26 wrote:a saying? can you phrase the whole saying please..

Lol... <_<

alright umm... it's something he said when he's alive, then the muslims around him caught that and memorized it, then they wrote it down on paper, then muslims scholars took that and explained muhammed's words as being explanatory for what's in the quran.

it's a saying, he said it and it has some of islam's rules which are mentioned in the Quran but not explained in detail.

example: In the Quran it says muslims should pray five times but it dosent tell how, so that "how" is explained in muhammed's hadiths and doings.
PARANOID
Dubai forums Addict

Re: DOGS Nov 24, 2006
asc_26 wrote:Forgive me if i asked a nursery question. I can't erase in my mind the post i read in genchat thread that DOGS are Haraam. Is it true? If yes, how can a dog be haraam to Islam?

Enlighten me please..Thanks!

there u go...u can find a lot just use google hun
http://www.answering-islam.org/Silas/dogs.htm

maybe it is not the best source...but u can perform a search and find all u want on the topic
alexandra
Dubai Forums Veteran

Nov 24, 2006
alex that site is blocked, haha XD
PARANOID
Dubai forums Addict

Nov 24, 2006
PARANOID wrote:alex that site is blocked, haha XD

blocked? damn ! :roll: didnt know that, not like there is p<3n stuff :P

so...why can be blocked????

i am lost :?
alexandra
Dubai Forums Veteran

Nov 24, 2006
Maybe it critisizes the actions of modern muslims while explaining the original laws which arent being followed. I know a site which did that and was blocked too.
PARANOID
Dubai forums Addict

Nov 24, 2006
oh ok...maybe u r right!
anyway..asc u can google it up and get the info
alexandra
Dubai Forums Veteran

Nov 24, 2006
alexandra wrote:oh ok...maybe u r right!
anyway..asc u can google it up and get the info

The site is interesting, however it is also critical, probably the reason it is blocked.
I think Paranoid is correct about it being hadith.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Nov 24, 2006
Sheesh, I wanted to stop posting here...but you didnt seem to get any reliable answers.

Paranoid is right about the angels not entering the house if a dog is present.

Adding to that, the Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) forbade Muslims to purchase or sell dogs as well.

The only exceptions to keeping a dog is for hunting, farming, protection, or herding.

There is an exception, however, for the blind, it is allowed for them to keep a (seeing eye) dog.

To answer your question of whether the dog is haram, the answer is no. The dog is not considered to be haram, but it is najis - unpure. More specifically, it is the dogs saliva that is considered to be najis.

In order to purify whatever it is that may have come into contact with the saliva, you have to wash it seven times, one of those times with dirt.
bushra21
Dubai Forums Zealot

Nov 24, 2006
bushra got it right, but just cause the guy i told you about wrote me back, i don't feel like not using his answer:

Yeah Dogs are Nagees [unpure].
its goes under greater nagees
Narrated Abu Huraira: Allah's Apostle said, "If a Dog drinks from the utensil of anyone of you it is essential to wash it seven times." (Book #4, Hadith #173)

we cant eat meat of a Dog or a Pig.They are Haram.We can train them but there are rules for them too.

and there is a Hadit which says We can kill dogs. For some reasons.

PARANOID
Dubai forums Addict

Nov 24, 2006
Paranoid...which hadit are you refering to?

Ive never read that we are told in a hadith that we can kill dogs.

If you could post it here...also what reasons are you referring to?
bushra21
Dubai Forums Zealot

Nov 24, 2006
Sure I will, just gimme time.

But I'm guessing you can kill a dog when it wont stop drooling in your house.
PARANOID
Dubai forums Addict

Nov 24, 2006
PARANOID wrote:Sure I will, just gimme time.

Paranoid I hope that was joke hon. Islam is against killing in the first place. So I highly doubt that that is allowed religiously speaking.

Either way, I am interested in seeing this hadith and also from where you are getting it from...Bukhari, Muslim, Tirmidi, or someone else...dont forget to add who said it and where you found it please.
bushra21
Dubai Forums Zealot

Nov 24, 2006
I mean if a dog keeps coming back and staining your stuff, you'll have to wash each thing 7 times, you can't do that forever, so if the dog dosent go away maybe it's ok to kill it.just my guess on why it is(might be) allowed.not like i'll kill a dog myself, that's gross.
PARANOID
Dubai forums Addict

Nov 24, 2006
PARANOID wrote:I mean if a dog keeps coming back and staining your stuff, you'll have to wash each thing 7 times, you can't do that forever, so if the dog dosent go away maybe it's ok to kill it.just my guess on why it is(might be) allowed.not like i'll kill a dog myself, that's gross.

I highly doubt that.

In any case, I am doing a search to find this hadith you are referring to. I think I found it, but it is a weak hadith...which we are told as Muslims not to follow. I'll keep on looking though.
bushra21
Dubai Forums Zealot

Nov 24, 2006
alright, here's what the same guy says:
Narrated Hafsa: Allah's Apostle said, "It is not sinful (of a Muhrim) to kill five kinds of animals, namely: the crow, the kite, the mouse, the scorpion and the rabid dog." (Book #29, Hadith #54)
this is the reason, I think there are more.
and if you have a dog in your home there are some rules to have one.remember that too, I cant really remember the rules,
I think I know few of them,

you cant have your dog cage near the entrance of your home you can have that in your back yard
and 10 feet (I think) away from your house.
and you can have it for your security reasons

^ this is bcoz the Malack (angels) will come in to your house from the front door but when they see a dog they will turn back,and some other reasons things.
,and you cannot allow your dog inside your house.
coz dog is a Nagees so roaming in your house will make your house full of nagees

so you can kill it if it goes crazy, and you can't let it in your house because it will make it dirty.
PARANOID
Dubai forums Addict

Nov 24, 2006
PARANOID wrote:alright, here's what the same guy says:
Narrated Hafsa: Allah's Apostle said, "It is not sinful (of a Muhrim) to kill five kinds of animals, namely: the crow, the kite, the mouse, the scorpion and the rabid dog." (Book #29, Hadith #54)
this is the reason, I think there are more.
and if you have a dog in your home there are some rules to have one.remember that too, I cant really remember the rules,
I think I know few of them,

you cant have your dog cage near the entrance of your home you can have that in your back yard
and 10 feet (I think) away from your house.
and you can have it for your security reasons

^ this is bcoz the Malack (angels) will come in to your house from the front door but when they see a dog they will turn back,and some other reasons things.
,and you cannot allow your dog inside your house.
coz dog is a Nagees so roaming in your house will make your house full of nagees

so you can kill it if it goes crazy, and you can't let it in your house because it will make it dirty.

Which sheikh are you using or referring to? I'd like to read on this more if you wouldnt mind.
bushra21
Dubai Forums Zealot

Nov 24, 2006
Found it, it's from Imam Bukhari. Hope that helps.
PARANOID
Dubai forums Addict

Nov 24, 2006
Thanks everyone...
asc_26
Dubai forums GURU

Nov 25, 2006
PARANOID wrote:Found it, it's from Imam Bukhari. Hope that helps.

it does. thanks!
bushra21
Dubai Forums Zealot

Nov 25, 2006
PARANOID wrote:Sure I will, just gimme time.

I can't kill my dogs. :evil: They're like family members at home. :D
asc_26
Dubai forums GURU

Nov 25, 2006
In islam you're not allowed to kill an animal , just if the animal is really dangerous and can kill you , like that you'll defend yourself , but you don't have the right to kill any animal or even an insect if it's not dangerous
redmatrice
Dubai Expat Helper

posting in Philosophy and Religion ForumsForum Rules

Return to Philosophy and Religion Forums