I Am At A Loss As To What To Do

Topic locked
I am at a loss as to what to do Nov 20, 2006
Guys and gals,

I am seriously lost on what car to buy. I know I am never, ever gonna be able to replace the 350Z and Civic Type R, but i just do not know what to buy next.

I have a toss up between the Accord 3.0l V6 and the Altima 3.5SE. having test driven both, I must admit, I do prefer the Accord 3.0l V6 and its cheaper. BUT...............................

I am waiting for the shipment to arrive which has not even left Japland yet :twisted: I am not sure how long I wait until I take the plunge and go for soemthing completely different. hehehehehehehe, YES, I am worse than a girl.

Also, I have a nice new 12" DLS sub-woofer and Dynaudio 2-way component speakers sat here at home waiting for a car (2 amps as well). These poor things cannot wait any longer for a home. I see the Lumina SS on the horizon. :cry: :cry: Please, please, I need help. :lol:

yorky500
Dubai forums GURU

Nov 20, 2006
Oh, and before I forget, NO XRW, you cannot put my new ICE in your car. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
yorky500
Dubai forums GURU

Nov 20, 2006
get the new civic 2007!!!

Just saw it 2day at Mövenpick Hotel Bur dubai...u won't believe ur eyes that it's a civic...has actually anything...navigation...a sunroof which makes the car almost look like a convertible...and the list goes on...it's a hatchback which truly looks amazing....but the price is absurd..starting 110k for a civic?!....nevertheless..check the car out...accord and altima are nothing compared to this car...
Legendkiller
Dubai forums Addict

Nov 20, 2006
LK,

I saw it, but I need something with a bigger engine. I do a lot of highway driving. I tried it in the Civic Type R (2.0l), and I was getting crap mpg (mind you, i do have a heavy right foot). Also, have you seen the waiting list for the Civic? months mate, months.
yorky500
Dubai forums GURU

Nov 20, 2006
Accord 3.0l V6 is the best , i'm sure that you'll never regrett it
redmatrice
Dubai Expat Helper

Nov 20, 2006
Ya wusser Yorky get a proper car with some cred will ya's

:wink: :wink:
arniegang
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Nov 20, 2006
Or BMW 330CI it's not a V6 , it's a normal 6 cylinder and 3.0l but as i know is the best of those car , better than Accord 3.0l V6 , if you want a big and stronge engine you have seek for German and US cars
redmatrice
Dubai Expat Helper

Nov 20, 2006
ur switching over frm the 350z to a FWD car???????? :shock:

go for the lumina ss or a 330i or the 2007 g35 :D
cheap_Deal
Dubai forums Addict

Nov 20, 2006
Legendkiller wrote:get the new civic 2007!!!

Just saw it 2day at Mövenpick Hotel Bur dubai...u won't believe ur eyes that it's a civic...has actually anything...navigation...a sunroof which makes the car almost look like a convertible...and the list goes on...it's a hatchback which truly looks amazing....but the price is absurd..starting 110k for a civic?!....nevertheless..check the car out...accord and altima are nothing compared to this car...

What you on about?
gtmash
Dubai forums GURU

Nov 20, 2006
just go Mövenpick Hotel Bur dubai...and see it for urself...no use explaining it here...have to see it for urself :lol:
Legendkiller
Dubai forums Addict

Nov 21, 2006
RWD is soooo much more fun 8)
cheap_Deal
Dubai forums Addict

Nov 21, 2006
yorky500 wrote:Oh, and before I forget, NO XRW, you cannot put my new ICE in your car. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: nice one yorkster... I've got an RF system lined up, doof doof doof :D
XRW-147
Dubai Forums Zealot

Nov 22, 2006
i would stick with something RWD im not much of a fan of FWD cars, but if you HAD to go FWD id get the altima se-r rather then the 3.5 se.
MDM Eurotics - Josh
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Nov 22, 2006
MDM Eurotics - Josh wrote:i would stick with something RWD im not much of a fan of FWD cars, but if you HAD to go FWD id get the altima se-r rather then the 3.5 se.

We don't get the SE-R here, unless imported from USA. well, thats my understanding, but I know what you are saying.
yorky500
Dubai forums GURU

Nov 22, 2006
Ok I gotta ask. What happened to your 350Z Type-R?
gtmash
Dubai forums GURU

Nov 23, 2006
Nissan 350Z was sold about 3 weeks ago
Honda Civic Type R was sold about 7 weeks ago. :cry: :cry: :cry:
yorky500
Dubai forums GURU

Nov 23, 2006
yorky500 wrote:Nissan 350Z was sold about 3 weeks ago
Honda Civic Type R was sold about 7 weeks ago. :cry: :cry: :cry:

Why? Grew up?
gtmash
Dubai forums GURU

Nov 23, 2006
^^^^^^^^^^ Lol, cheers. NO!

Type R was struggling to do the mileage and the speeds I was doing. The 2.0l engine was not really cutting it.

The 350Z, my baby, did not want to put the mileage on her after 20 months of very low mileage.

I currently do 260km per day.
yorky500
Dubai forums GURU

Nov 23, 2006
Well I recall that Altima 3.5 has some insurance problems !!! not sure about the accord though !! check for insurance prices before u get hooked to something !!!
I'd say go for the accord !!!! looks more mature !!! :lol: :lol:
Palkid7
Dubai chat master

Nov 23, 2006
Oi,

you saying I am old? hahahahahahahahaha

Well, got a quote for insurance of 4% for the Accord, not sure about the Altima.
yorky500
Dubai forums GURU

Nov 23, 2006
yorky500 wrote:Oi,

you saying I am old? hahahahahahahahaha

Well, got a quote for insurance of 4% for the Accord, not sure about the Altima.

try to be sure about the altima rates, I was just asking a friend and he told me they treat 3.5 as a sport car .... similar to Maxima owners !! :x
Palkid7
Dubai chat master

Nov 23, 2006
Think the Altim ais out of the window. The colour I want is not in stock and there is a 2 month delivery wait. :twisted:
yorky500
Dubai forums GURU

posting in Dubai AutoForum Rules

Return to Dubai Auto