Who Said Dubai Traffic Is The Worst?

Topic locked
Who said Dubai traffic is the worst? Nov 20, 2006
Been here in Hyderabad (India) for two weeks for business trip and I must say that this is the worst traffic manner I've ever seen among several countries I've visitted or lived in.

I'm really surprised :shock:... no street manner at all! Everyone is rushing and doing zig zag, can't keep on the lane, no sign when turning, even most of the cars don't even have rear mirrors (from the manufacturer)! Even if they do, they are simply tucked in. It gets worse when people just cross the street wherever. And the worst part, everyone sounds the horn! It's sooo noisy.

So, one should come here first before judging that Dubai traffic is the worst.

xty
Dubai Forums Veteran

Nov 20, 2006
Well, I didn't complain about Dubai traffic. I've seen the worst traffic in the world, for one kilometer distance, it takes me 30 minutes to reach the destination with all the blowing of horns & drivers shouting at each other. :wink:

Just that, roundabouts here in UAE is very scary for me because most don't have signal lights. :(
asc_26
Dubai forums GURU

Nov 20, 2006
the craziest ive ever been was in the mountains of lebanon....one lane for both incoming and outgoing traffic. :shock: :shock: :shock:
Bleakus
Dubai Forums Zealot

Nov 20, 2006
asc_26 wrote: I've seen the worst traffic in the world, for one kilometer distance, it takes me 30 minutes to reach the destination with all the blowing of horns & drivers shouting at each other. :wink:

This might be the point when you decide that walking should be considered :lol: :lol:
fayz
Dubai Forums Knight
Location: take a left at the Bebsi interchange, that is the Bebsi interchange

Nov 20, 2006
fayz wrote:
asc_26 wrote: I've seen the worst traffic in the world, for one kilometer distance, it takes me 30 minutes to reach the destination with all the blowing of horns & drivers shouting at each other. :wink:

This might be the point when you decide that walking should be considered :lol: :lol:

or getting a bicycle, trust me its fun ;)
Bleakus
Dubai Forums Zealot

Nov 20, 2006
I agree with you both. But, if it's raining? or very hot during the summer? 8) 8) Chopper is the best solution, but only business tycoon can do that. :(
asc_26
Dubai forums GURU

Nov 20, 2006
Bleakus wrote:the craziest ive ever been was in the mountains of lebanon....one lane for both incoming and outgoing traffic. :shock: :shock: :shock:

I saw one similar to this in Tehran, it was evil :lol:
zam
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Nov 20, 2006
Bleakus wrote:the craziest ive ever been was in the mountains of lebanon....one lane for both incoming and outgoing traffic. :shock: :shock: :shock:

are you talking about London?? :lol: :lol:
sara_uk
Dubai Forums Veteran

Nov 20, 2006
sara_uk wrote:

are you talking about London?? :lol: :lol:

no dude, lebanon
Bleakus
Dubai Forums Zealot

Apr 08, 2007
Actually I don't find the traffic here is not as bad as I'd thought before I got my license!
Apart from some stressing moments (like a guy taking a U turn from the right lane without a blinker) it's quite okay, even with a 1.3 engine.
I guss it's stressing mainly when you're in a hurry.
The way to solve it seems to be to just say "Inshallah" and keep going.
What keeps me there is my music. Just chill.
Peace
dubaimisfit
Dubai Forums Member

Apr 09, 2007

Reminds me somewhat of mi2 or ronin. I wonder what would happen if I drove uphill or downhill at 120 kmph. hmm.
Unknown Devil
Dubai forums Addict

Re: Who said Dubai traffic is the worst? Apr 10, 2007
xty wrote:Been here in Hyderabad (India) for two weeks for business trip and I must say that this is the worst traffic manner I've ever seen among several countries I've visitted or lived in.

I'm really surprised :shock:... no street manner at all! Everyone is rushing and doing zig zag, can't keep on the lane, no sign when turning, even most of the cars don't even have rear mirrors (from the manufacturer)! Even if they do, they are simply tucked in. It gets worse when people just cross the street wherever. And the worst part, everyone sounds the horn! It's sooo noisy.

So, one should come here first before judging that Dubai traffic is the worst.

hahaha Well.. hyd traffic's supposed to be much much better than that of bangalore ... Bangalore traffic is horrific... but one remarkable thing in Hyd is no one cares to use any signals.. u may b on the main road goin pretty fast just see someone coming right at u from a near by cut road. They just enter the main road as its their right and go off in style.. while u break up n slowly start again in whimper.. fearing where the next one would be comin from.. but even with all that chaos, the number of accidents are much lesser than what we have in Dubai..
St.Lucifer
Dubai Forums Knight

posting in Travel AroundForum Rules

Return to Travel Around