HELP!!! WHERE CAN I GET WINTER CLOTHING IN DUBAI???

Topic locked
HELP!!! WHERE CAN I GET WINTER CLOTHING IN DUBAI??? Nov 15, 2006
Anybody know where i can find winter clothing store in Dubai? Need to find like the wool thermals and long johns, etc.

Pls help!

ruzz1
Dubai Forums Member

Nov 15, 2006
the malls :roll:
bushra21
Dubai Forums Zealot

Nov 15, 2006
every where
Corcovado
Dubai Forums Veteran

Nov 15, 2006
winter clothing?? when does it get that cold here ? :lol: :lol:
Jeevan
Dubai Forums Zealot

Nov 15, 2006
Jeevan wrote:winter clothing?? when does it get that cold here ? :lol: :lol:

you obviously have never been out to the desert before

i was at my aunts house in shawamikh...froze my bum off sitting outside at 10 pm
bushra21
Dubai Forums Zealot

Nov 15, 2006
i dont think i will be going out to the desert at night :) apart from that the winters out here are pretty ok for me, can walk around with a light jacket on , definately dont need a snow jacket for that :). and if you cover ur ears and your toes most of the cold is left out i guess :)
Jeevan
Dubai Forums Zealot

Nov 15, 2006
im always cold though...even during the summer i was cold, i would wear sweaters...my fiance thought i was crazy until i put my hand on his face...then he understood

lol
bushra21
Dubai Forums Zealot

Re: HELP!!! WHERE CAN I GET WINTER CLOTHING IN DUBAI??? Nov 15, 2006
ruzz1 wrote:Anybody know where i can find winter clothing store in Dubai? Need to find like the wool thermals and long johns, etc.

Pls help!

if u r looking for something like europe winter clothes !! try brands for less, near Dubai Islamic Bank on Khalid bin Al Waleed Street.
if u want something for the UAE !!! go and get urself a cup of tea !! and u r warm !! :lol:
Palkid7
Dubai chat master

Nov 15, 2006
I guess its just about the body type and resistance to cold. my place back home is not freezing cold during winters but 5-6 degress is pretty normal maybe thats why i am able to accomodate much better.

If you are cold during summers ur cold blooded, do u have to sit in the sun to warm up and get mobile ? :shock: :lol: :lol:
Jeevan
Dubai Forums Zealot

Nov 15, 2006
My goodness, I am not that stupid to ask for winter clothing for Dubai. I will be traveling to switzerland tmrw, and its 0-2 Deg C there! So I need to find thermals. I have been scounting all the malls, but none sell them except for the usual jackets and sweater (which l already have).

BHS have them, but its 100% light cotton not wool mix.

So anybody know specific winter clothing store? like for those who want to travel to europe etc.

Thanks
ruzz1
Dubai Forums Member

Nov 15, 2006
ruzz1 wrote:My goodness, I am not that stupid to ask for winter clothing for Dubai. I will be traveling to switzerland tmrw, and its 0-2 Deg C there! So I need to find thermals. I have been scounting all the malls, but none sell them except for the usual jackets and sweater (which l already have).

So anybody know specific winter clothing store? like for those who want to travel to europe etc.

Thanks

well looks like u don't read well !!! check out my prev. reply !! 8)
Palkid7
Dubai chat master

Nov 15, 2006
Jeevan most of the people shopping for winter clothes are the europeans or people from the levant who are here on vacation.
MaaaD
Dubai Forums Zealot

Nov 15, 2006
ruzz1 wrote:My goodness, I am not that stupid to ask for winter clothing for Dubai. I will be traveling to switzerland tmrw, and its 0-2 Deg C there! So I need to find thermals. I have been scounting all the malls, but none sell them except for the usual jackets and sweater (which l already have).

Thanks

ruzz1 all the shops in all the major malls have winter clothes. H&M had some pretty heavy stuff.
MaaaD
Dubai Forums Zealot

Nov 15, 2006

Thanks

Hmm if it was clarified in the first post this wouldnt have happened:) ne ways maads & plkids reply shud suffice your needs.
Jeevan
Dubai Forums Zealot

Nov 15, 2006
Thanks for the replies.

HnM - went but they dont have thermals (bought jacket)

Bhs - Have thermals but thin cotton. no use

Brands for Less - mostly for ski, no thermals (yes i did read ur mail)

I just need to find thermals. any help pls...
ruzz1
Dubai Forums Member

Nov 15, 2006
Try checking out some stores in Baniyas Centre near Nasr Square in Deira. I think I saw 2 to 3 shops there with winter clothing..also I've seen one shop at the back of Twin Tower also opposite road of Baniyas Centre...

And another near Abra Station before Nasr Square...

So just try to check it out.
Hope this will help or if not..at least you've seen Nasr Square in Deira.. :wink:
isabela
Dubai Expat Helper

Nov 15, 2006
M & S
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Nov 16, 2006
Thank you for all your help. Got the thermals at Marks n Spencers and long johns at Brands for Less.
ruzz1
Dubai Forums Member

Nov 16, 2006
Brands for Less?

I have never heard of that place before :?
Where is it?
bushra21
Dubai Forums Zealot

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat