ORKUT Users

Topic locked
ORKUT Users Nov 04, 2006
hi... i just came across this community in orkut.... its named "We Hate India".... its a community of pakistanis.... The main display pic is a photo of people burning the national flag of India... to some people it might just be a colourful piece of cloth... but there are people who respect it... just seeing that pic will make every indian's blood boil....

they say that they r not people who hate india, but only the attitude of India towards pakistan....

and what really got to me was that most of the members are the younger generation.... i used to believe that this generation would be able to sort out all the problems between India and Pakistan.... But no longer....

I am an indian and so i feel strongly about this.... But i also believe that if i see any community like this(not just against India) but genereally against a country or people, i will not like it.... I would like to request all of u out there to check out this community and if u think that such a group is wrong, please report that community as bogus.... and give good reasons why u think so.... maybe if orkut gets a lot of such reports they will remove the community or something.... i dont know what else can be done about it.... if any of you knows a better way of going about it, please be forthcoming....

the link to the commnunity is given below

http://www.orkut.com/Community.aspx?cmm=14773994

Nosferatu
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Nov 04, 2006
Nosferatu, unfortunately I can't access Orkut simply because its a banned site in the UAE.

However, my 2 cents. I'm Pakistani and I work with and am friends with a number of Indians. I've never had an issue with them and neither have they had one with me. (my boss is Indian and she's amazing!). Infact, I've always gotten on with them famously and I've never felt any negative vibes from them, or vice versa I believe. I can't get my head around the "hatred".

I have a couple of Indian colleagues who went to Karachi for the Pak/India cricket match earlier this year. They had the most brilliant time, in fact they said people went out of their way to host them. Then they lost their passports at the stadium (don't leave your bag unattended anywhere in Pakistan!! :lol: ) and were given so much support and help by some friends of mine and others they hardly knew and ofcourse the Indian embassy to get new passports, extend their hotel stay, transported around etc.

I'm looking forward to travelling to Rajasthan some time next year and I know I'm going to have a lovely time as well.
PrettyPenny
Dubai Expat Helper

Nov 04, 2006
not even a small comment about this? i sort of expected something... somebody telling me that what i said is right or even somebody telling me that its not a big problem and that its their right to opinion or something....
Nosferatu
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Nov 04, 2006
hey prettypenny

orkut is not banned anymore.... i can access it.... they opened it up alongwith myspace and all.... did u try it now? if u still cant openlet me know and i mite be able to help u access the site....
Nosferatu
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Nov 04, 2006
Nosferatu wrote:not even a small comment about this? i sort of expected something... somebody telling me that what i said is right or even somebody telling me that its not a big problem and that its their right to opinion or something....

Of course any action spreading hate is not good. But Orkut requires someone from inside to invite you first before you can enter you know...
pinoy1
Dubai chat master

Nov 04, 2006
I'm on orkut and its unblocked, but yes u do need an invite.
Whoever wants an invite, PM me with your email addy.
:)
ineedacoolnick
Dubai forums Addict

Nov 04, 2006
Orkut is not banned. It sick that some of the incompetent fools have made some comments like that. But I found no need to over react coz I also saw atleast some 4-5 'WE hate Those who Hate India' and some ' We love even those who hate us'.

With no hatred or disregard to any religious/ethinc group here.. pakisthan as a country is another example of what poor planning and religious extremism can do for a country. I am an Indian I've never been taught to hate anyone. I've lots of muslim friends.. coz i come from a muslim dominated place.. and I also have some pakisthani friends.. never had any problems .. but the hatred and disliking against islamic fundamentalists is growing in india as well as in the other countries. and such disgraceful acts as this one..would not help to better the conditions on both sides.

If it has to be blown out of proportion, any Indian can say Mother land is god for us So they are insulting Our God and lead into big problems.( like the Phophet cartoon). But that doesnt solve any purpose.
There should be better ways of censoring the contents on web and more than that people should understand the one ness of universe.

In short its only wise to ignore it.
St.Lucifer
Dubai Forums Knight

Nov 04, 2006
i just thought its better if that community dint exist.... isnt that better than ignoring it?
Nosferatu
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Nov 04, 2006
Why are Pakis obsessed animals?Despite the fact that Pakistan has a population of 165 million, only 7.5 million users have internet access; nevertheless they are number 1 in all searches for animal fun! Congratulations! "

google.com . . . :lol: :lol: :lol:
Mr & Mrs Inquirer
Dubai Forums Talker

Nov 04, 2006
Why are Pakis obsessed animals?Despite the fact that Pakistan has a population of 165 million, only 7.5 million users have internet access; nevertheless they are number 1 in all searches for animal fun! Congratulations! "

google.com . . . :lol: :lol: :lol:

google.com/trends?q=donkey+sex&ctab=1&geo=all&date=all
Mr & Mrs Inquirer
Dubai Forums Talker

Re: ORKUT Users Nov 04, 2006
Nosferatu wrote:hi... i just came across this community in orkut.... its named "We Hate India".... its a community of pakistanis.... The main display pic is a photo of people burning the national flag of India... to some people it might just be a colourful piece of cloth... but there are people who respect it... just seeing that pic will make every indian's blood boil....

If it makes you feel any better, I know Plenty of Bengali people from UK, India and Bangladesh who hate Pakistan just as passionately as those pakistanis hate the Indians.
Nosferatu wrote:they say that they r not people who hate india, but only the attitude of India towards pakistan....

Imagine this picture of attitudes:

India Hates Pakistan
Bangladesh Hates Pakistan
Afghanistan Hate Pakistan
Iran Hates Pakistan
Balochistan Hates Pakistan
Waziristan Hates Pakistan.

Pakistan's neighbours do not like them or their attitudes to them. So i wouldnt worry about it.
Nosferatu wrote:and what really got to me was that most of the members are the younger generation.... i used to believe that this generation would be able to sort out all the problems between India and Pakistan.... But no longer....

Most Pakistanis i met in Europe (younger generations of course) didnt know that their country had committed a Genocide against their fellow Muslims in 1972. 3 million people died, thats half the Holocaust in 9 months! so i am not surprised with the above.

Nosferatu wrote:I am an indian and so i feel strongly about this.... But i also believe that if i see any community like this(not just against India) but genereally against a country or people, i will not like it.... I would like to request all of u out there to check out this community and if u think that such a group is wrong, please report that community as bogus.... and give good reasons why u think so.... maybe if orkut gets a lot of such reports they will remove the community or something.... i dont know what else can be done about it.... if any of you knows a better way of going about it, please be forthcoming....

the link to the commnunity is given below

http://www.orkut.com/Community.aspx?cmm=14773994

I am Swedish, i have many friends from many backgrounds and do not enjoy the hostilities between nations.
The Pakistanis have the filthiest history of all South Asia, so i wouldnt worry too much about it.

The best thing you can do, is to go on with life as you know it. Peacefully.
These idiots can only hope someone actually listens to them one day.
rvp_legend
Dubai forums Addict

Re: ORKUT Users Nov 04, 2006
rvp_legend wrote:
Nosferatu wrote:I am Swedish, i have many friends from many backgrounds and do not enjoy the hostilities between nations.
The Pakistanis have the filthiest history of all South Asia, so i wouldnt worry too much about it.

If I felt you deserved a response for this ... I would give you one I will not however, lower myself to your standards.
PrettyPenny
Dubai Expat Helper

Re: ORKUT Users Nov 05, 2006
PrettyPenny wrote:
rvp_legend wrote:
Nosferatu wrote:I am Swedish, i have many friends from many backgrounds and do not enjoy the hostilities between nations.

If I felt you deserved a response for this ... I would give you one I will not however, lower myself to your standards.

See that is just typical.

Of all the points i made including the bits where i accused all of Pakistan's neighbours of detesting Pakistan due to their attitude, Including How i compared the GENOCIDE of the Bengali Population by Pakistan to the holocaust only worse, as Pakistan managed to reach half the slaughter toll of the Holocaust in only 9 months, Including the 3million fellow muslims they killed during their Military campaign....

You comment on the last section.... and consider it as an attack.

I base my opinion on the simple facts one of which is that the worst Genocide ever commited by a Muslim Country, was Pakistan.

In fact, its the worst Genocide since Hitler.

Which means that the worst Genocide suffered by a muslim peoples was at the hands of another. Pakistan has never admitted any wrong doing, despite the facts.
There is so much more i can discuss about Pakistan.

No other country in South Asia has this history
Like it or not, the Filth is stamped all over Pakistan...so dont go around telling me that i am of a lower level just because i highlight an obvious fact which is perhaps not to your liking.
rvp_legend
Dubai forums Addict

Nov 05, 2006
Just as India has always been moderate and sublime in its operations, Pakistan has been marked with agression and hostility. Just for the facts. The root of all issues between the two countries is religion used for wrong reasons. Pakistan went wrong in the basic step while forming the nation , the simple fact of a secular nation, that the Politics and Religion should be separated.

It can b noted that in India, the multitude of sects and religions other than its hindu majority have only increased in numbers. It should also be noted that depsite of India being a Hindu majority nation, it has the worlds second largest muslim population.

PP,
Historical records show that Pakistan's relationship , with Bangaldesh or India or in general has never been trustworthy. Having said that, the major problem in pakistan is that of the rulers have always corrupted and used the people of Pakistan and its armed forces for their own prejudiced disposition, resulting in growing hatred and intolerance against other religious groups, poverty and no growth acting as fertilizers to religious extremism.

Nosferatu,
Which ever is the country, what ever is the color of skin, there's the same truth in all of us. You can find good and evil in any country, not to forget India also have had its share of anti-muslim riots and issues. And I bet many of us, Indians, wouldnt have to look beyond our families, or friends to find a group of Pak haters.

Same way I know for sure that there are lots of people in Pakistan who dont hate Indians. Rule of living .. See the betterside in people. Positive energy and positive thoughts transcends every boundry.

As for the propaganda, controlling every line of text that comes on the net is almost an impossible task. But yes if you dont agree with the community you can always report it, I did it.
St.Lucifer
Dubai Forums Knight

Nov 05, 2006
thanx guys for all the replies.... and most of them are good... i personally dint really care that much for rvp_legend's comment about the history of pakistan....

i guess Lucifer's rite.... you cant control every line written on the net.... its better to just ignore it....

most pakis are muslins... i am also a muslim.... the word muslim means 'one who spreads peace'.... so in myopinion, a person who doesn't spread peace, but spreads hatred (like these guys are doing) are not muslims..... then why do they keep saying that they hate us Indians because we slaughter muslims.... they should first be ready to be a muslim and then fight for their rights or whatever....
Nosferatu
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Nov 05, 2006
"31/10/2006 07:08 to all those who believe and think that islam is a religion peace even when your enemy is nearly going to crush you or is plotting and planning against you..well you need to brush up on your islamic studies. islam is only a religion of peace as long as other people are living peacefully.
fcuk India, Cheerio. "

that was a post in one of the forums on their community.... i dont want to make this a discussion about islam but i just thought i would add that here....
Nosferatu
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Nov 05, 2006
Nosferatu wrote:most pakis are muslins... i am also a muslim.... the word muslim means 'one who spreads peace'.... so in myopinion, a person who doesn't spread peace, but spreads hatred (like these guys are doing) are not muslims..... then why do they keep saying that they hate us Indians because we slaughter muslims.... they should first be ready to be a muslim and then fight for their rights or whatever....

My point was simple.
Most pakistanis hate Indians apparently cos they "hate muslims", "slain muslims", "mistreat muslims".

Very Ironic, as NO non muslim groups has ever killed more Muslims than Pakistan has in one attempt. and their nation remained silent throughout.
rvp_legend
Dubai forums Addict

posting in Philosophy and Religion ForumsForum Rules

Return to Philosophy and Religion Forums