My Car :(

Topic locked
my car :( Oct 29, 2006
my car hasn't been picking up speed like it used to. now it takes about 5-7 seconds longer to reach a certain speed than before....how come? and is there any way i can fix this?

also, my mum had taken my car out some time ago and ever since then, the engine is a bit louder...what happened?

bushra21
Dubai Forums Zealot

Oct 29, 2006
Which car do you have?

Year, Make and Model
nosoup4u
Dubai Expat Helper

Oct 29, 2006
2005 Mercedes CLK 240
bushra21
Dubai Forums Zealot

Oct 29, 2006
^^MONEYYYYYYY

j/k dude, mashallah ;)
Bleakus
Dubai Forums Zealot

Oct 29, 2006
lol thanks bleakus...and dont worry, once i figure out whats wrong with my car, you can go back to being scared :twisted:
bushra21
Dubai Forums Zealot

Oct 29, 2006
The CLK has been a problematic car ever since 2003.

http://www.mercedes-benz-usa.com/clk_class.php

Its hard to pinpoint what maybe causing the loud engine and the sudden slowness.. bad controller card, wrong oil, wrong grade petrol, etc

Best thing would be for you to take the car to MB Service and make then thoroughly check the engine and performance. Since your car is under warranty, they will do this for free. If anything is wrong with the engine and parts need to be replaced, that will be done free too. They should also give you a loaner car in the meantime.
nosoup4u
Dubai Expat Helper

Oct 29, 2006
ok...i guess i could do that...i just was hoping i could know what it was before i took it in so they dont make stuff up...
bushra21
Dubai Forums Zealot

Oct 29, 2006
Unfortunately without seeing the car and driving it myself, I won't be able to tell off the top of my head.

Even if they do make stuff up, guess what, they can't charge you for anything as you have full warranty on engine and parts.

I'd suggest, you take it to them, have the Service Manager sit in the car and drive with you. Point out what you feel is wrong. I usually take a micro-tape recorder and record the conversation.

:P

The agency does not want to get a bad name. If they try to cheat you, you can always write a letter to Mercedes Headquarters. I once got full money refunded on a 1997 Mercedes Benz Transmission that went out suddenly after 6 yrs even after the warranty expired directly from headquarters because I had proof that the agency was lying and trying to cheat me. :)
nosoup4u
Dubai Expat Helper

Oct 29, 2006
soupie...none of the cars mentioned were the same model as mine...but i guess you were talking about the make in general yeah?
bushra21
Dubai Forums Zealot

Oct 29, 2006
yeah, I was talking about CLK's in general.

Although I have a friend who has a 2004 CLK 240 and she hates her car. She's had electrical problems (CD Player) and one time she even had the car stall while the gas showed 1/4 tank still available (faulty guage). She's been bugging me to help her sell it and get the new 2007 Audi A4 Cabriolet
nosoup4u
Dubai Expat Helper

Oct 29, 2006
yeah ive been talking with my brother about selling my car...if he does he said i can choose between a porsche or a bmw
bushra21
Dubai Forums Zealot

Oct 29, 2006
I think this problem is something to do with the clutch. Im guessing that your car is an automatic right ??

Better get it checked asap... it could be something simple like a clutch or it could be that you've been driving with little or no oil and an engine seizure is waiting to happen
KeithL
Dubai Forums Veteran

Oct 29, 2006
bushra21 wrote:yeah ive been talking with my brother about selling my car...if he does he said i can choose between a porsche or a bmw

MONEEEEEYYYYYYYY!!!!

:D
bear
Dubai chat master

Oct 29, 2006
KeithL wrote:I think this problem is something to do with the clutch. Im guessing that your car is an automatic right ??

Better get it checked asap... it could be something simple like a clutch or it could be that you've been driving with little or no oil and an engine seizure is waiting to happen

thats what i was thinking...but i just wanted to double check before i said anything to my bro...

and yes, its automatic...but i own a manual as well...lol, so dont underestimate me because im a girl :wink:
bushra21
Dubai Forums Zealot

Oct 29, 2006
nosoup4u wrote:Unfortunately without seeing the car and driving it myself, I won't be able to tell off the top of my head.

Even if they do make stuff up, guess what, they can't charge you for anything as you have full warranty on engine and parts.

I'd suggest, you take it to them, have the Service Manager sit in the car and drive with you. Point out what you feel is wrong. I usually take a micro-tape recorder and record the conversation.

The agency does not want to get a bad name. If they try to cheat you, you can always write a letter to Mercedes Headquarters. I once got full money refunded on a 1997 Mercedes Benz Transmission that went out suddenly after 6 yrs even after the warranty expired directly from headquarters because I had proof that the agency was lying and trying to cheat me. :)

The CLk...could be as simple as resetting the computer at the dealer.

Anyway, dude what were the dealers lying about?
I've had my eye on the late-90s E55 AMG, but I know that every Merc 5-speed from that era came with "lifetime" tranny fluid which destroyed that gearbox by 100,000 kms as dealers refused to change the fluid. How'd you get the refund?
gtmash
Dubai forums GURU

Oct 29, 2006
*reads posts*

*Kicks company's car square in the nyutz!*

Bastards...
Nick81
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Oct 29, 2006
awwww Nick...its ok, dont hurt your baby any more...you never know...you might be stuck on the side of the road one day and seeing as no one will stop to pick you...except for palkid...you might.....die :shock:

and we cant have that :oops:
bushra21
Dubai Forums Zealot

Oct 29, 2006
gtmash wrote:
nosoup4u wrote:Unfortunately without seeing the car and driving it myself, I won't be able to tell off the top of my head.

I've had my eye on the late-90s E55 AMG, but I know that every Merc 5-speed from that era came with "lifetime" tranny fluid which destroyed that gearbox by 100,000 kms as dealers refused to change the fluid. How'd you get the refund?

sheer use of words.. and I got the refund on the basis of customer service. I compared rates with 3 dealerships, this one was the lowest but was rude and really didn't give a shit. So I sent a letter to the Mercedes Customer/Agent Service headquarters in the US and explained to them the situation. I was over the warranty by just 2000 miles when it happened and they refunded my money and did it as if under warranty.

I love the US for that. You can get anything done if you have proof :P I sent the Director a copy of the tape I recorded using my micro tape when at the dealership :P
nosoup4u
Dubai Expat Helper

Oct 29, 2006
nosoup4u wrote:
gtmash wrote:

sheer use of words.. and I got the refund on the basis of customer service. I compared rates with 3 dealerships, this one was the lowest but was rude and really didn't give a shit. So I sent a letter to the Mercedes Customer/Agent Service headquarters in the US and explained to them the situation. I was over the warranty by just 2000 miles when it happened and they refunded my money and did it as if under warranty.

I love the US for that. You can get anything done if you have proof :P I sent the Director a copy of the tape I recorded using my micro tape when at the dealership :P

Ohhhhhh. America! No wonder. Man, don't expect that here. I've heard people paying as much as Dhs 22k for getting that tranny changed. The monopoly dealer could care less if they lost a customer or not.
gtmash
Dubai forums GURU

Oct 29, 2006
bushra21 wrote:yeah ive been talking with my brother about selling my car...if he does he said i can choose between a porsche or a bmw

PORSCHE

and dont forget to hook a brother up on the weekends :wink:
Jamal
Mr. DubaiForums 2006

Oct 29, 2006
the thing is, i really want my mustang...but my bro said that even over his dead body i cant get it....
bushra21
Dubai Forums Zealot

Oct 30, 2006
And I would agree with him totally. :lol:
yorky500
Dubai forums GURU

Oct 30, 2006
what is so wrong with a mustang?
bushra21
Dubai Forums Zealot

Oct 30, 2006
What is so right with them, thats what you have to ask. :lol:
yorky500
Dubai forums GURU

Oct 30, 2006
thats not a very good answer...

how am i supposed to know why you and my bro are against me getting one....really...is there something wrong with them that im not aware of?
bushra21
Dubai Forums Zealot

Oct 30, 2006
if u can get a porche an u still want a mustang .... then girl there is something wrong with you simple an plain :lol: :wink:
Jamal
Mr. DubaiForums 2006

Oct 30, 2006
word dude i agree with jamal
Bleakus
Dubai Forums Zealot

Oct 30, 2006
Bushra,

Its a yank tank, and whilst yank tanks have improved a lot in recent years, they are still sh1t inside. Full of plastic bits and pieces, rattle like hell, handle like a fat cow who is drunk, have a very low resale value and generally not very well put together (yes, there are exceptions i.e corvette and 1 other I think). Oh yes, you need an Epco station behind. hahahahahahahahaha.

You will feel an immediate dislike when you get in it from your CLK, trust me. We are thinking also of a CLK280 convert and after sitting in one and then a Mustang :roll:

Shame on you for even thinking of the Porsche along the same lines of the Mustang. :cry: :cry:
yorky500
Dubai forums GURU

Oct 30, 2006
Well I have wanted that car since I was a tiny girl....but yeah, i understand the whole porsche and mustang in the same sentence...it doesnt work...
bushra21
Dubai Forums Zealot

Oct 30, 2006
bushra21 wrote:Well I have wanted that car since I was a tiny girl.......

Did you want the 2005+ Mustang back in 1995? Or did you want the 1995 version? Or maybe the 1968 version?
gtmash
Dubai forums GURU

posting in Dubai AutoForum Rules

Return to Dubai Auto