More Post Offices Please!

Topic locked
More post offices please! Oct 07, 2006
One thing that still gets me about Dubai is how few post offices there are here for a city of Dubai’s current size and grand future ambitions. Emirates Post should really open up more post offices especially in the newer parts of town.

Admittedly, some convenience stores do sell postage stamps, but they often don’t have the right selection. Typically there’s no scale to weigh items either. Just finding a mailbox can be a problem in some areas.

OldAsiaHand
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Oct 07, 2006
moreover there is mpnopoly in postage
sniper420
Dubai Forums Zealot

Re: More post offices please! Oct 07, 2006
OldAsiaHand wrote:One thing that still gets me about Dubai is how few post offices there are here for a city of Dubai’s current size and grand future ambitions. Emirates Post should really open up more post offices especially in the newer parts of town.

Admittedly, some convenience stores do sell postage stamps, but they often don’t have the right selection. Typically there’s no scale to weigh items either. Just finding a mailbox can be a problem in some areas.

Do you really think Post Offices have a future????????????????
Desert Scorpion
Dubai Forums Talker

Desert Scorpion wrote:
OldAsiaHand wrote:One thing that still gets me about Dubai is how few post offices there are here for a city of Dubai’s current size and grand future ambitions. Emirates Post should really open up more post offices especially in the newer parts of town.

just yesterdy i read scientists have make breakthrough in teleportation! But it will b long time
sniper420
Dubai Forums Zealot

sniper420 wrote:
Desert Scorpion wrote:

just yesterdy i read scientists have make breakthrough in teleportation! But it will b long time

Seems to have more chance than the Post Office right now. Mind you here in Dubai they are forcing Companies to use the Post Office for all kinds of official deliveries like Visas, Passports etc.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Re: More post offices please! Oct 09, 2006
Desert Scorpion wrote:

Yes, I do think we will still need post offices even with email, faxes, FedEx, DHL, etc.
OldAsiaHand
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Oct 09, 2006
sniper420 wrote:moreover there is mpnopoly in postage

Sorry, I don't understand your point exactly.

I think that it is normal to have a postal system run by a national government and maybe some private sector parcel services by the likes of DHL, FedEx, etc.
OldAsiaHand
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Oct 09, 2006
OldAsiaHand wrote:
sniper420 wrote:moreover there is mpnopoly in postage

Sorry, I don't understand your point exactly.

I think that it is normal to have a postal system run by a national government and maybe some private sector parcel services by the likes of DHL, FedEx, etc.

I believe you are correct, I have not heard of any country having more than one official postal service.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat