Music Rehearsal Studio

Topic locked
Music Rehearsal Studio Jan 21, 2010
Anyone here knows of a music studio can can be rented out for band practice?

Preferably with most equipment provided like drumset, amps, and microphone. Along the range of 100 AED per hour or better.

We are currently using the one at Ibn Battuta Mall, but are looking for better, cheaper alternatives.

Thanks in advance!

chrisboy
Dubai Forum Visitor

Re: Music Rehearsal Studio May 06, 2010
yes i want to know this also!!
meganbryce85
Dubai Forum Guest

Re: Music Rehearsal Studio Jul 08, 2011
I'm not sure, but there might be one at that mall with the pyramids (which name seems to escape me atm :P )

I don't think they'd rent you equipment though, and even if they did the quality would be pretty poor.

I think it would be better to save up and buy an electric drumkit, some affordable practice amps and some medium quality microphones. It depends how serious you are, and how big your budget is. For example, are you going to be recording? If you are, then I'd suggest adding more money for microphones plus software. If you're going to be gigging, then I'd suggest renting an acoustic kit + amps...but for practice I think you can live off the low grade stuff.
cw71017
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Dude read the post date before you decide to drop in your 2 fils, now stop digging up dead threads.
desertdudeshj
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

desertdudeshj wrote:Dude read the post date before you decide to drop in your 2 fils, now stop digging up dead threads.

I'm sorry? :S It was on the front page, and I'm used to things that are on the front page being the newest. Plus I'm new to the forum...gimme a break, there's really no need for any animosity just for necrobumping.
cw71017
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Re: Music Rehearsal Studio Jan 20, 2015
Digging up old threads to be annoying, as it seems no one has been able to direct you after all these years.

unfortunately no such place exists after all these years in the UAE. All you find will be other business types providing amature to low level rehearsal rooms (at very high costs).

However check out Musicians Jamspot, an upcoming establishment strictly dedicated to rehearsal rooms for bands.

www.facebook.com/musiciansjamspot

They have had a number of issues with starting up their business as it is a new concept in the region, but stay tuned with their page and you will be notified as soon as they are up and running. Meanwhile they are very nice to provide you with alternate options until they are running.

This is surprising as they will direct you to their competition, however it seems they are very sure of them selves and do not consider what others provide even a fraction of their goal, once they are up and running.

Good day!
Shiboo
UAE, Dubai Forum starter

posting in Movies and Music TalkForum Rules

Return to Movies and Music Talk