Yahoo Voice Services

Topic locked
yahoo voice services May 02, 2009
UAE goverment (ethisalat) has blocked intervoip, free calls, vbuzzer etc and proxy softwares like "Hotspot shield" etc.

But i am using yahoo messenger (voice yahoo)for making PC to phone calls to india, it doesnt require any proxy softwares (hotspot shield) to function.

Whether using yahoo messenger for making "PC to phone calls" is offence against UAE laws??
Whether ethisalat can trace that i am using yahoo messanger for making phone calls to india??? as yahoo messenger serves for both "PC to PC" as well as "PC to Phone"

Please advice, as i wanted to call my parents daily. Ethisalat is too expensive to make calls daily

vipra
UAE, Dubai Forum starter

Jun 04, 2009
Technically if MSN, Google Talk services are block since Etisalat dont want you to use those servers. Now Yahoo is allowed since yahoo use WWW protocol to route traffic. So it is difficult to block Yahoo. however if it is illigal to use MSN and Goole Talk then Yahoo is no difference but talk to a local legal expert if you are concern.

Faisal Khan
VoiceBootcamp Inc
Tel: 14164772540
voicebootcamp
Dubai Forum Visitor

Jul 28, 2009
All call from uae to other (including international) illegal except provider is Etisalat,Du or voip in the mode of pc to pc as per the TRA of UAE.
firozap
Dubai Forum Guest

Aug 02, 2009
that's a strict monopoly and I myself against that.
Freedom for everyone. that's why the internet is exist. to let the world just a small as a village.
bonbonboi
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Oct 01, 2009
HI,

Why are u bent upon making pc to phone calls. Why not Pc to pc via yahoo or a gmail account? I don't think computer will cost that much amount in india.

Regards
Arnold
Arnold
Dubai Forums Member

Oct 05, 2009
hmm
prasanga077
Dubai Forum Visitor

posting in Dubai high tech talkForum Rules

Return to Dubai high tech talk