What To Bring When I Come To Dubai

Topic locked
What to bring when i come to Dubai Dec 08, 2007
How is everyone

Need some advice, i will be in Dubai from 28 December to take up my new post.

Can anyone tell me what is the best webcam program i should be using in Dubai to talk to friends and family back home in the UK. Also any real pc boffins out there can anyone suggest a very good webcam. ( as you can tell i am not comeing out to work with computers.lol.)

Secondly is it cheaper to buy a phone out there and call the UK on a Dubai tarriff or should i bring my UK mobile out and use o2 tarriff( been told it is £1.50 per min using a uk mobile number). I am looking to get a blackberry.

3rd i need a very cheap run about car, to get me from home to work, any ideas where i could get one.

Thanks for all your help with the above, i really apreciate it.

Mark

Markyboy37
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Dec 08, 2007
Hi marky

The best webcam program I suggest you to buy is Creative.
rajni80
Dubai Forum Visitor

Dec 10, 2007
Hey Marky

I'm not so technical, but I talk to friends in the UK via MSN. Easy and with a webcam too.

Personally I disconnected my UK phone. It doesn't seem to cost very much to call the UK from a mobile here and I understand it is half price on a Friday. Just get a pay as you go Etisalat sim. Easy to get top ups and simple to use..... even for technophobs like me!!
I have a pay as you go card for the UK too. So when visiting home I have a UK number too.

Have to update you on the car thing. I am just going through the process as we speak. infact got my UAE licence today.
Getting a car is one of the next projects on my list!

Good Luck with everything.
Hapy to help if I can.

:lol:
English Girlie
Dubai Expat Helper

Re: What to bring when i come to Dubai Dec 12, 2007
Markyboy37 wrote:How is everyone

Need some advice, i will be in Dubai from 28 December to take up my new post.

Can anyone tell me what is the best webcam program i should be using in Dubai to talk to friends and family back home in the UK. Also any real pc boffins out there can anyone suggest a very good webcam. ( as you can tell i am not comeing out to work with computers.lol.)

Secondly is it cheaper to buy a phone out there and call the UK on a Dubai tarriff or should i bring my UK mobile out and use o2 tarriff( been told it is £1.50 per min using a uk mobile number). I am looking to get a blackberry.

3rd i need a very cheap run about car, to get me from home to work, any ideas where i could get one.

Thanks for all your help with the above, i really apreciate it.

Mark

Hi Marky just bring yourself and rest is made available to you in no time being from west :lol: Calls yes is area of concern as most of the Voip sites are blocked under "Cultural, religious and moral value of Islam".

You can however still have voice chat over msn and yahoo :twisted:

D/L from UK will get converted to local ones in no time and cars!!! Yes there is real wideeeeeeee choice :lol:
ekbechara
Dubai Forums Member

posting in Dubai high tech talkForum Rules

Return to Dubai high tech talk