Torrent Master

Topic locked
Torrent Master Feb 05, 2009
:idea: Any one needs help on the utorrent just reply me...
How to increase the speed,
update trackers,
maximum peers,leechers,seeds...

just any thing u wanna know about torrents.

nazzom
Dubai Forum Visitor

Feb 06, 2009
Hi, nice initiative here....I am on Etislut's 256kbps connection.Whenever i start utorrent it gives the signal that port is closed and i am not able to download anything.even though the torrent has good health
NoName01
Dubai Forums Member

Feb 07, 2009
NoName01 wrote:Hi, nice initiative here....I am on Etislut's 256kbps connection.Whenever i start utorrent it gives the signal that port is closed and i am not able to download anything.even though the torrent has good health

It is generally recommended to not use any port in the range 6881-6889. µTorrent only uses one port, however, so you only need to forward one. It is best to use a port number above 10000.

Open the Options, click Network. You can change the port in the box next to "Port used for incoming connections." However, it takes a restart of µTorrent to take effect. Make sure you do not run two clients with the same port!

And also just check for the lights on torrent taskbar as it reads as:

The green light means all is OK (ports are forwarded and you are receiving incoming connections)
The yellow light means that you have no current incoming connections. If this never turns green, this means that your port is not forwarded. The best way to check is with the µTorrent port checker, found in the Speed Guide. If the port checker says your port is open, then everything is most likely fine.
The red light means that µTorrent was unable to bind a listening socket. Most likely, this means a firewall is blocking it. It's also possible that another torrent client is using this port, which will require you to change ports, or not run both clients at the same time.

Just give try and get back to me if u still hav the prblm.
nazzom
Dubai Forum Visitor

Feb 07, 2009
nazzom wrote:
NoName01 wrote:Hi, nice initiative here....I am on Etislut's 256kbps connection.Whenever i start utorrent it gives the signal that port is closed and i am not able to download anything.even though the torrent has good health

It is generally recommended to not use any port in the range 6881-6889. µTorrent only uses one port, however, so you only need to forward one. It is best to use a port number above 10000.

Open the Options, click Network. You can change the port in the box next to "Port used for incoming connections." However, it takes a restart of µTorrent to take effect. Make sure you do not run two clients with the same port!

The green light means all is OK (ports are forwarded and you are receiving incoming connections)
The yellow light means that you have no current incoming connections. If this never turns green, this means that your port is not forwarded. The best way to check is with the µTorrent port checker, found in the Speed Guide. If the port checker says your port is open, then everything is most likely fine.
The red light means that µTorrent was unable to bind a listening socket. Most likely, this means a firewall is blocking it. It's also possible that another torrent client is using this port, which will require you to change ports, or not run both clients at the same time.

I have selected the port as 60834,i have a static IP which is 192.168.0.100 and i have forwarded the port(60834) in the router settings.I have disabled the windows firewall and i dont have any other firewall software.I have a Dlink DIR615 wireless router which is connected to an Aztech ADSL modem provided by ETISLUTS.But still the light is RED :?
NoName01
Dubai Forums Member

Feb 08, 2009
NoName01 wrote:
nazzom wrote:

I have selected the port as 60834,i have a static IP which is 192.168.0.100 and i have forwarded the port(60834) in the router settings.I have disabled the windows firewall and i dont have any other firewall software.I have a Dlink DIR615 wireless router which is connected to an Aztech ADSL modem provided by ETISLUTS.But still the light is RED :?

I beleive that you have changed the settings a lot..it is better to uninstall the torrent and install a new utorrent.
nazzom
Dubai Forum Visitor

Feb 11, 2009
So you're trolling again! Way to go to get you IP blocked permanently!
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

posting in Dubai high tech talkForum Rules

Return to Dubai high tech talk