My MSN Isnt Working!! Please Help!!

Topic locked
My MSN isnt working!! please help!! Dec 28, 2006
Well, i dunno if it some sort of problem going on in Etisalat...but my MSN wont sign in saying that im not connected to the internet which i am :?

when i troubleshoot, it finds error in the "key ports" area. Hmmm... im not familiar with this port thingy but could this be the problem?? and even i cant log into hotmail for some strange reason :?

another note: when i play battlefield 2 online, the servers i play on now show 999 PING :? (again)...something is with my net i guess

BTW. i have found no virus, spyware on my comp

i have a wireless seimens speedstream modem.

can anyone please help me??

thanks

EDIT: now ive heard (on this site) or rather seen that the problem is occuring because of the earthquake in taiwan...not sure though but then...how come some people arent affected and some are??

redtilldead
Dubai Forums Talker

Dec 29, 2006
yes i cant log into msn messenger either. also i cant access my hotmail email when i goto hotmail.com and try to login. it could be the earthquake that caused it cause it was working till about 3days back.
anyone else got this problem?????\
cheap_Deal
Dubai forums Addict

Dec 29, 2006
i got this problem too, also the latency on WOW is like 4000 ms now, impossible to play :x :x
Bleakus
Dubai Forums Zealot

Dec 29, 2006
WTH? This better be fixed before I get back to Dubai...
Nick81
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Dec 29, 2006
well, looking at my BF2 ping, i was worried that there was a prob in my computer...but i guess then there IS a prob in Etisalat...

atleast im not the only one...
redtilldead
Dubai Forums Talker

Dec 29, 2006
correction!!

MSN and hotmail are working now :D

well, my BF2 ping is still messed.

plz let me know abt ur situations
redtilldead
Dubai Forums Talker

Jan 02, 2007
is everyones internet/email working as usual again?

I can browse the internet fine (and post here) but cannot access my email through outlook or log onto my companies home website.

There isnt a problem with our server in Australia as they are not having problems - but i can seem to access it or my email.

Any thoughts what it could be?
Coops
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Jan 02, 2007
well etisalat are still having a problem, the websites are ok because etisalat are using the cache engines, that helps

but for gaming or trying to log onto an office remotely, you will still have problems

HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE TO FIX FIBER CABLES IN TAIWAN??? rumor has it that there is a fiber cut in dubai itself thats why its so slow
Bleakus
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jan 02, 2007
oh crap!

at least have an excuse for not doing much work! :D
Coops
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Jan 02, 2007
^^ LOL :D
redtilldead
Dubai Forums Talker

Jan 02, 2007
well i am back online and my emails are coming through - has taken since about 1pm for about 100 odd emails to come in - there are 500 more to go and it is reaaaaaaallly slow. Usually i will get the same amount of emails through within my first hour of work - depending on how many attachments etc.
Coops
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Jan 03, 2007
Had similar problems during the time when the thread was posted, now it's OK... Just OK!
liverpool4ever
Dubai Expat Helper

Jan 03, 2007
man i wish mine was OK - it is still reaaaaaaallllly slooooooow! worse than yesterday!
Coops
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Jan 03, 2007
Hello everyone,

I'm having no problems with MSn at all. But my online gaming is SLOWWW. I can't even connect to the online servers. Its gone from bad to worse
Till yesterday I could connect to the servers, even though it lagged unforgivingly. But since yesterday, I'm not even able to connect tot he servers to play online. God damn Etisalat.

Anyone else having problems with online gaming??

Thanks
hitender_s
Dubai Forums Member

Jan 03, 2007
hitender_s wrote:Hello everyone,

I'm having no problems with MSn at all. But my online gaming is SLOWWW. I can't even connect to the online servers. Its gone from bad to worse
Till yesterday I could connect to the servers, even though it lagged unforgivingly. But since yesterday, I'm not even able to connect tot he servers to play online. God damn Etisalat.

Anyone else having problems with online gaming??

Thanks

yep...im having problems with online gaming...too much lag :(

well...even my msn seems ok now. there are times when it wont sign in but it does work sometimes.

hope this problem is fixed soon

BTW hello to dubaiforums, hitender_s :)
redtilldead
Dubai Forums Talker

Jan 22, 2007
Anyone having problems with MSN since afternoon?? My MSN takes ages to sign in now. Randomly gives error messages and Hotmail is slower at start while loading.

THanks
hitender_s
Dubai Forums Member

Jan 23, 2007
MSN is acceptable but accessing Facebook has been so hardvfor the past week
liverpool4ever
Dubai Expat Helper

Jan 23, 2007
Hehe, Facebook works fine for me, its only MSN thats suddenly taking lots of time to sign in, still not fixed
hitender_s
Dubai Forums Member

Jan 23, 2007
well...even sometimes my msn takes ages to sign in too :(

and even greater news...torrentspy is blocked!!! :(

Thank you etisalat...just brilliant :roll: :roll: :roll:
redtilldead
Dubai Forums Talker

Jan 28, 2007
Well MSN seems much much better now :)

dunno about online gaming though :? any news on that??

well...torrentspy is working now! yippy!! :D
redtilldead
Dubai Forums Talker

Jan 29, 2007
Yup MSN is a 100% better now. It's back to normal. Online gaming still slow although it has improved, it is still slow.
hitender_s
Dubai Forums Member

Jan 29, 2007
hitender_s wrote:Yup MSN is a 100% better now. It's back to normal. Online gaming still slow although it has improved, it is still slow.

true....i just tried battlefield 2...its really gone weird, lol, but it is way better than before
redtilldead
Dubai Forums Talker

Feb 03, 2007
anymore news?
redtilldead
Dubai Forums Talker

Feb 05, 2007
i tried playing unreal online but it seemed rather slow. dunno if its just me :?

so has online gaming come back to its proper functionality?? or is it still slow for you all?

please reply, lol. i dont want to be talking to myself, heehee
redtilldead
Dubai Forums Talker

Feb 05, 2007
Yes its still rather slow. The lag has been 85% fixed for me..it still lags a bit
hitender_s
Dubai Forums Member

Feb 09, 2007
well, i think the online gaming is back to normal.

been playing BF2 for quite a while and encountered no problems at all :D
redtilldead
Dubai Forums Talker

Feb 18, 2007
Is online gaming bakc to 100% efficiency?? I still feel its a tad slower than usual.
Also the browsing seems to be slow during the afternoon, but at night its back to normal.
Give us our full deserved fcuking bandwidth Etisluts.
hitender_s
Dubai Forums Member

Feb 18, 2007
well, online gaming, from my point of view, was fine a days ago but has kinda went downhill these days :?

dunno what is going on in Etisalat :?
redtilldead
Dubai Forums Talker

Feb 19, 2007
Pretty asurd of Etisalat to cause all these problems espeically when a new telecom company is entering the market.

They said the slow downs were because of those broken links from the Taiwan Earthquake. Thought I'll go on the net and search for the latest updates on those cables but amazingly couldn't find even one article. I wanted to know if their still getting repaired because online gaming for me is still a bit slow. And browsing acts up in the afternoon too.
hitender_s
Dubai Forums Member

Feb 20, 2007
i hope things are back to normal soon...i mean in terms of online gaming atleast.
redtilldead
Dubai Forums Talker

posting in Dubai high tech talkForum Rules

Return to Dubai high tech talk