LAN Monitoring Software

Topic locked
LAN Monitoring software Mar 30, 2006
Hullo all, need some urgent help! I need an application that will monitor my entire work network of about 20 PCs. I want stats on packets being transferred, net traffic, connection speeds - the more techy the better! The annoying thing is the app has to be freeware or at least decent shareware to make me consider buying it. Anyone have any program names?

solhanic
Dubai Forums Member

Re: LAN Monitoring software Mar 30, 2006
solhanic wrote:Hullo all, need some urgent help! I need an application that will monitor my entire work network of about 20 PCs. I want stats on packets being transferred, net traffic, connection speeds - the more techy the better! The annoying thing is the app has to be freeware or at least decent shareware to make me consider buying it. Anyone have any program names?

yep here are some of the proggies:-

Accurate Network Monitor - shareware
Monitortools.com this site contains loads of tools (free&shareware) even rated.
MajorGeeks one of my fav site with loads of freeware and sharewre[/url]

If u still aint satisfied, lemme know
sniper420
Dubai Forums Zealot

Mar 31, 2006
Thanks for the links sniper, I've downloaded OpManager, which seems to be doing the trick quite nicely...it even recognizes the model number of my switches, router, and printers! Pretty good software for starters...I've got a copy of "What's Up Gold" heading my way, which should also be a good addition to my suite of tools.

Also tried a package called Look@Lan...quite amazing stuff for a free software! Scans IP ranges for online/offline IPs and report detailed info about each one - great for general troubleshooting and multiple pings :)
solhanic
Dubai Forums Member

Mar 31, 2006
if u want to consider workstaton security try Faronics Deep freeze http://www.faronics.com/html/product.asp - it's exremely robust and good. Tried hard to bypass the protection infact 2 yrs ago there was competition and the company was ready to pay 10,000 dollars and free joob if somebody managed to bypass the security .....pretty robust
sniper420
Dubai Forums Zealot

Mar 31, 2006
I'm actually more concerned about the network itself, i.e the amount of traffic going in/out, if any nodes are taking longer to reply, etc. This can all be done currently using OpManager, so I'm content for the time being. 'What's Up Gold' actually lets you draw on screen how your LAN looks in real life, which is quite cool and a handy way to quickly determine if any connections are down.
solhanic
Dubai Forums Member

Mar 31, 2006
solhanic wrote:I'm actually more concerned about the network itself, i.e the amount of traffic going in/out, if any nodes are taking longer to reply, etc. This can all be done currently using OpManager, so I'm content for the time being. 'What's Up Gold' actually lets you draw on screen how your LAN looks in real life, which is quite cool and a handy way to quickly determine if any connections are down.

nice that u got a proggy that meets ur needs
sniper420
Dubai Forums Zealot

posting in Dubai high tech talkForum Rules

Return to Dubai high tech talk