ICANN Registry

Topic locked
ICANN registry Dec 29, 2009
Hello everyone. To celebrate our success HOSTNHUB.com can now offer even better prices! Domains, email, blog, photo albums, dedicated servers plus much more. 24/7 support. Starfield certified. Be seen on the net in seconds. Don't put up with lousy service! If you are unhappy with your host then transfer to us. Check out our full line of services and products. We wish eveyone a great new year !

http://hostnhub.com/

canuckbid
Dubai forums Addict

Re: ICANN registry Dec 30, 2009
Do you offer VPS?
ahamed
Dubai chat master

Re: ICANN registry Dec 31, 2009
Hello. Yes we do. Click on our hosting plan tab on blue bar at top of page and then on the right side check FAQs. We have extension plans for private and business customers. Multiple data centers in the US and Europe. Over 50 hosting applications. What ever your needs are we can supply it.

We are partnered with the biggest domain supply and hosting company in the world. Hope to see some new people come aboard.

http://hostnhub.com
canuckbid
Dubai forums Addict

yeah i am looking at it.

Just comparing between providers. Might need one very soon.

Thanks
ahamed
Dubai chat master

You are welcome Ahamed. Any more questions can be answered by the support team email or the 24/7 phone support. Happy new year.
canuckbid
Dubai forums Addict

Re: ICANN registry Jan 03, 2010
canuckbid wrote:ICANN registry

Under what name are you accredited with ICANN? I don't see hostnhub.com or wwwdubaiuae.com listed with them (neither site loads for me by the way).

http://www.icann.org/en/registrars/accredited-list.html
bonk
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Re: ICANN registry Jan 03, 2010
To make it easier for those that are not technical in this field I can explain it this way. When you buy a Jeep you do not go to the jeep factory. You buy it off a dealer who has a business relationship with Jeep. Or if you buy a yacht you buy it off a yacht broker. The largest registrar in the world does not need me advertising for them. They are all ready a global presence. I'm working on expanding HOSTNHUB by working with them.

http://hostnhub.com
canuckbid
Dubai forums Addict

Re: ICANN registry Jan 04, 2010
canuckbid wrote:Hello. ICANN runs the registry. The post was to inform people that when you buy a domain off hostnhub that the domain REGISTRAR will be listed with ICANN. We are partnered with the worlds largest registrar.

No, ICANN accredits registrars (among other things related to the internet). Verisign operates the .com registry (and .net).

I myself have bought domain names off a non-ICANN accredited registrar but I investigated them fairly carefully. Normally I wouldn't recommend it. The difference between the one I used and hostnhub is that I never saw the one I use claim to be an "ICANN registry" when they weren't.

The vehicle analogy is weak. Think of a service - medical, legal, educational, etc. Most have accrediting and/or licensing authorities to help protect the consumer. That's what ICANN is supposed to do with domain name registrars.

canuckbid wrote:If my sites do not load for you then it shows you have filters on your web servers in the UAE. They are both .com domains which are not country specific.

I don't have web servers in the UAE and I doubt the extension .com has anything to do with it. If you want to blame me, no problem. It doesn't matter to me, but you have at least one less visitor.
bonk

canuckbid wrote:ICANN is the registry. Companies who use them are registrars. People who buys domains are registrants. Next time get your facts straight before trying to cut my service down thanks. Have a good day.

ICANN is the registration authority. Verisign, an independent company, is the .com and .net domain registry. All other registrars register their domain names with Verisign but are accredited by ICANN. You, as in hostnhub.com or .net, are a registrar. So are many other domain registration companies. Some are accredited by ICANN, some are not.

You appear not to be accredited which means the topic title is misleading in my opinion, that's why I asked the question in the first place - to try and get my facts straight. Your avoidance of that simple question does not inspire confidence as far as I'm concerned. Anyway, that's fine since you don't care if I'm not a customer or a visitor, and I don't care to be a customer or visitor of yours.

My objective is to clarify things for other visitors to this topic who might mistakenly think from the title that you are an ICANN accredited registrar. As you yourself have clarified, you're not. So all that remains is to edit the topic title to say something like "Non-accredited ICANN registrar".

Explaining SSL, DNS, TCP/IP, HTML, PHP, CSS, DDOS, and whatever other acronyms you can think up does not answer my original question about accreditation and is just an unnecessary distraction.
bonk

Some facts from ICANN Jan 04, 2010
Registrars and Registries.

http://www.icann.org/en/announcements/f ... 6mar07.pdf

Registrar – Domain names ending with .aero, .biz, .com, .coop, .info, .museum, .name, .net, .org, and .pro can be registered through many different companies (known as “registrars”) that compete with one another. A listing of these companies appears in the Accredited Registrar Directory.

The registrar you choose will ask you to provide various contact and technical information that makes up the registration. The registrar will then keep records of the contact information and submit the technical information to a central directory known as the “registry.” This registry provides other computers on the Internet the information necessary to send you e-mail or to find your web site. You will also be required to enter a registration contract with the registrar, which sets forth the terms under which your registration is accepted and will be maintained.

Registry – The “Registry” is the authoritative, master database of all domain names registered in each Top Level Domain. The registry operator keeps the master database and also generates the “zone file” which allows computers to route Internet traffic to and from top-level domains anywhere in the world. Internet users don’t interact directly with the registry operator; users can register names in TLDs including .biz, .com, .info, .net, .name, .org by using an ICANN-Accredited Registrar.

Verisign is the .com registry operator until November 2012

http://www.icann.org/en/tlds/agreements ... 1mar06.htm

Section 1.1 Effective Date. The effective date ("Effective Date") for purposes of this Agreement shall be March 1, 2006.

Section 1.2 Top-Level Domain. The Top-Level Domain to which this Agreement applies is .com ("TLD").

Section 1.3 Designation as Registry Operator. Upon the Effective Date, until the Expiration Date as defined in Section 4.1 hereof, ICANN shall continue to recognize VeriSign, Inc. as the sole registry operator for the TLD ("Registry Operator").

Section 4.1 Term. The initial term of this Agreement shall expire on November 30, 2012. The "Expiration Date" shall be November 30, 2012, as extended by any renewal terms.
bonk

post deleted
canuckbid
Dubai forums Addict

Re: ICANN registry Jan 05, 2010
canuckbid wrote:I can tell by your cut and paste job that you don't get the big picture. I am certified with the biggest registrar in the world. Do realize how may credentials it takes to have a global presence? Its to my advantage to be working with them to be able to offer all the same services as my parent company does. I even have better prices sometimes with the promotions they give us smaller companies. They make millions everyday so they can afford to.
They team up with other registrars as well to have a global presence with multiple data bases around the world. Some countries are very strict. Why would I limit myself? We have super fast servers and usually after registering a domain you are seen on the net in seconds. Not hours or days like some companies.
Its late in my country and time for me to sign off. Its not nice that you try and trash my company. It is a ICANN registry and its even linked on my website. Just because you read what ever you think into it does not make me wrong. Some one should come along and thrash your company. Or do you even own one? I have made no false statements. I supplied a phone number also. Bonk is probally a good name. Is that something you smoke over there? Good night.

Working backwards:

No, Bonk is not something I smoke.

Company ownership not relevant but if I was a domain registrar then I wouldn't claim to be ICANN accredited unless I was.

It's not nice that you make what appear to be false claims. If they're not false then simply answer the original question.

I'm not trying to trash your company. Anyway, you're doing a good job of that yourself.

How soon domain presence appears on the internet depends mostly on DNS propagation, not server speed.

Cut and paste was to provide information directly from ICANN since you seemed to think what I said was incorrect.

Largest domain registrars to my knowledge are Enom, Godaddy, maybe Network Solutions. All three are accredited ICANN registrars as far as I know. I don't know why you're afraid to name the registrar you're associated with.

Personally, of those three, I'd only use Enom (or maybe an Enom affiliated registrar). Have used GoDaddy but wasn't happy, and read too many bad reports about NetSol that I wasn't even interested in trying them out. Currently I don't use any of them.
bonk

Re: ICANN registry Jan 06, 2010
post deleted
canuckbid
Dubai forums Addict

Re: ICANN registry Jan 06, 2010
canuckbid wrote:You are like a dog with a bone who will not give it up.

I asked a simple question. You still haven't answered it.

canuckbid wrote:As stated domains are listed with ICANN registry.
I have made no false claims.

As stated, ICANN does not operate the registry, Verisign does.

ICANN currently accredits domain-name registrars for the following Top Level Domains:

.com, operated by Verisign Global Registry Services

canuckbid wrote:Pretty tiring talking to some who does not know the simple way of checking domain ownership and registration. Then again you will probally be lost in trying to figure out who owns my registrar.

Good grief. Just how difficult is it for you to type "Wild West Domains" (aka GoDaddy)? That would have answered the original question and saved us both a lot of time. I'm assuming you register names with Wild West. Or maybe you aren't and that's why you're being so evasive.

The irony is that in other forums, someone called globegenius has no problem saying hostnhub is affiliated with godaddy.

Whois Server Version 2.0

Domain Name: HOSTNHUB.COM
Registrar: WILD WEST DOMAINS, INC.
Whois Server: whois.wildwestdomains.com
Referral URL: http://www.wildwestdomains.com
Name Server: NS25.DOMAINCONTROL.COM
Name Server: NS26.DOMAINCONTROL.COM
Updated Date: 17-dec-2009
Creation Date: 16-oct-2009
Expiration Date: 16-oct-2011

>>> Last update of whois database: Wed, 06 Jan 2010 13:52:56 UTC <<<

HostnHub.com Whois Record

Registrant:
Edited MOD

Domain Name: HOSTNHUB.COM
Created on: 16-Oct-09
Expires on: 16-Oct-11
Last Updated on: 17-Dec-09

Administrative Contact:
Edited MOD

Technical Contact:
Edited MOD

Domain servers in listed order:
NS25.DOMAINCONTROL.COM
NS26.DOMAINCONTROL.COM

canuckbid wrote:I don't need jerks like you trying to discredit me.

I was asking a simple question. You did the job of discrediting yourself by avoiding it.

Well done for losing control and calling me a jerk. Maybe that attitude appeals to some customers but not to any that I know.
bonk

Re: ICANN registry Jan 07, 2010
post deleted
canuckbid
Dubai forums Addict

canuckbid wrote:I have no problem calling you an idiot.

Wow.

A simple question that could have easily been answered by you resulted in a two page thread because you thought it was stupid. Do you treat all potential customers like that or only the ones you think are idiots?

canuckbid wrote:All you had to do was check who is domain without ever asking me a question.

All you had to do was answer a simple question.

canuckbid wrote:It was not until I showed you the basics of computing that you could find anything.

You didn't show me anything. Everything I found I knew how to do before this topic was started.

canuckbid wrote:And then you have to cut and paste all my info on here.

You told me to go and find whois information. I pasted it so that you would know I had done that.

canuckbid wrote:I do not try to hide it.

The way you avoided answering the question looked like you had something to hide.

canuckbid wrote:I don't doubt you would have problems with any outfits cpanel.

Don't know where cpanel entered into the conversation but you're correct, I know how to use it.

canuckbid wrote:You can not find free information without me taking you by the hand.

I was able to find free information without your help.

canuckbid wrote:As stated domains are with ICANN registry.

As stated by ICANN, Verisign operate the registry, not ICANN.

canuckbid wrote:All you have done is show everyone just how unknowledgeable you are about domains and registration.

Sure. I didn't claim to be knowlegeable anyway. That's why I asked the original question about your domain registrations.

canuckbid wrote:I think your monkey picture suits you quite well.

Yes, I like it too.

canuckbid wrote:I have offended no one.

You can't possibly know that.

canuckbid wrote:If you are too bad.

Too bad for who?

canuckbid wrote:You could have researched and found the answers to your questions in 5 seconds.

You're the one trying to promote your company. Part of selling is to answer customer questions.

canuckbid wrote:There is no law saying I have to answer your stupid questions.

Correct. But I never claimed there was.

canuckbid wrote:Since you tried to attack my thread I did answer.

I started by questioning your claim, one which you have still not defended.

canuckbid wrote:I have much better things to do than teach you the basics of the internet.

I wasn't asking for instruction.

canuckbid wrote:Next time spend a couple of minues researching before trying to tell everyone with your postings that I'm not what I say I am.

I did spend time researching before asking if you were what you claimed to be, not saying that you weren't.

canuckbid wrote:If your low IQ is hurt then you should not have started attacking me in the first place.

Thanks for your concern about my IQ but it's not hurt, and I don't believe you know what it is anyway.

canuckbid wrote:You get back what you try and dish out.

I'm not sure what I got back but thank you for returning it anyway.

You could mention the dog with a bone thing again now - I didn't see it in your last post.
bonk

I am sorry I forgot the golden rule. "Never argue with idiots becuase it brings you down to their level" :D
canuckbid
Dubai forums Addict

Re: ICANN registry Jan 10, 2010
canuckbid wrote:I am sorry I forgot the golden rule. "Never argue with idiots becuase it brings you down to their level" :D

Good point. Thanks for the advice :).
bonk

Re: ICANN registry Jan 11, 2010
Yes it is a good point. Like the post heading is true. Domains are with ICANN registry. I never stated who ran the registry. You might mean something to your mother, but you mean nothing to me. Any one with knowledge knows that I am right.
canuckbid
Dubai forums Addict

Re: ICANN registry Jan 11, 2010
Oh dear, here we go again ...

canuckbid wrote:I never stated who ran the registry.
Yes you did, after I asked if you were an accredited registrar.
canuckbid wrote:ICANN runs the registry.

canuckbid wrote:Yes it is a good point.

Good to see we agree on something.

canuckbid wrote:Like the post heading is true.

I thought the topic title was misleading at least. You haven't said anything to change my mind.

canuckbid wrote:Domains are with ICANN registry.

ICANN doesn't operate the registry, Verisign does for .com and .net.

If you mean the domains are registered with an ICANN accredited registry, you could have clarified that after my first post - that was all I asked about originally. Instead of giving a simple answer, you choose to be evasive and try to demonstrate that I am an idiot. But the topic title is "ICANN Registry", not "Is bonk an idiot?"

canuckbid wrote:You might mean something to your mother, but you mean nothing to me.

Not sure what the point of that is. I'd rather mean something to my mother than to you anyway.

canuckbid wrote:Any one with knowledge knows that I am right.

Not sure what the point of that is either.
bonk

Re: ICANN registry Jan 12, 2010
"You thought" thats just it. Its all about you isn't it bonk? You thought wrong but do not want to admit it.
This is my thread I started to advertise my service. Why not start your own thread since you continue to post about nothing? Your question has been answered as you admit.
canuckbid
Dubai forums Addict

Re: ICANN registry Jan 12, 2010
canuckbid - you are a great fighter :drunken:

bonk - you are a hardworker but yet you mock a lot :mrgreen:
ahamed
Dubai chat master

Re: ICANN registry Jan 13, 2010
canuckbid wrote:"You thought" thats just it. Its all about you isn't it bonk? You thought wrong but do not want to admit it.

Ok, I'll reword that. I think your topic title is misleading. And so far, you have failed to show that I thought or think wrong. It's not about me, it's about you as you point out in your next sentence ...

canuckbid wrote:This is my thread I started to advertise my service.

And I questioned your advertising because I thought ... sorry ... because I think it is misleading. If you don't want discussions about your services then you shouldn't advertise them on a discussion board.

canuckbid wrote:Why not start your own thread since you continue to post about nothing?

It would be clumsy to have a separate topic since I'm posting about your claims and your comments. You don't have a very high opinion of yourself if you think your services are "nothing".

canuckbid wrote:Your question has been answered as you admit.

No, you still haven't answered it.
bonk

Re: ICANN registry Jan 13, 2010
ahamed wrote:bonk - you are a hardworker but yet you mock a lot :mrgreen:

I mock :shock: ? Noooooooooooo ...... :wink:
bonk

Re: ICANN registry Jan 15, 2010
It does not really matter if bonk trys to mock me. My statements are true. Since posts are indexed by google it advertises my service more and shows the world that bonk is really unknowledgeable. The domains are with ICANN registry. At no time did I state who ran the registry.
bonk keeps trying to twist my words to no avail. If you are going to post about something maybe you should read up on the topic first. http://hostnhub.com now is accepting Alipay the Asian equilalent of paypal which we also accept. Master card, Visa payments also. Starfield certificate makes your online purchase secure.

canuckbid
Dubai forums Addict

Re: ICANN registry Jan 15, 2010
Just to prove you know nothing bonk. You do not know what SRS is. We share registrars

Shared Registration System ("SRS") is a legal system to register domains. As far as your verisign BS.

.com, operated by Verisign Global Registry Services

.net, operated by Verisign Global Registry Services

.org, operated by Public Interest Registry

.info, operated by Afilias Limited

.pro, (restricted to licensed professionals) operated by Registry Services Corporation (dba RegistryPro)

.tel, (reserved for individuals and businesses to store and manage their contact information in the DNS) sponsored by Telnic Limited

.jobs, (reserved for the human resource management community) sponsored by Employ Media LLC

These are all operated under ICANN. So take your uniformed BS and peddle it to people who do not know any better. This is just a small example and there is many different extensions operated by different companies.
All under ICANN.

We sell all these top level domain extensions and a lot more.
canuckbid
Dubai forums Addict

posting in Dubai high tech talkForum Rules

Return to Dubai high tech talk