Raw Milk

Topic locked
Raw milk Oct 03, 2008
Is it readily available? From which animals? I've only had cow and goat's milk. I LOVE raw milk.

puppypup
Dubai Expat Helper

Re: Raw milk Oct 06, 2008
puppypup wrote:Is it readily available? From which animals? I've only had cow and goat's milk. I LOVE raw milk.

You should try camel's milk. Very rich and creamy.

:D :D :D

Knight
Dubai Knight
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Oct 20, 2008
once read in a newspaper that horse's milk was also available in some country...
sharfraz
Dubai chat master

Feb 15, 2009
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

I dont want to prevent you from eating and drinking anything you want, but drinking raw milk or dairy and having fresh cheese is very unhealthy.

Milk and cheese must be pasteurized.

You remember Louis Pasteur, well he invented it. It does not kill all organisms like sterilization, but is does reduce the number of pathogens.

If you continue to drink non-pasteurized milk, maybe, just maybe, one day we will be operating on your colon.

Good Luck
Guardasil
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Re: Raw milk Feb 16, 2009
Dubai Knight wrote:
puppypup wrote:Is it readily available? From which animals? I've only had cow and goat's milk. I LOVE raw milk.

You should try camel's milk. Very rich and creamy.

:D :D :D

Knight

she will become fat in 2 days only :shock:
Miss_lolly
Dubai Expat Helper

Feb 17, 2009
As far as I am aware you cannot get unpasteurized milk!

although I think it's a load of rubbish! I used to live next door to a dairy farm and we would take milk straight from the tank, full fat, full cream - yummy - nothing like it!

Also drink straight from the cow, still warm, just sieve it a bit. Nothing wrong there.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Feb 21, 2009
@Chocoholic:
Where are you from??? What you were drinking, straight from the cow, was unpasteurized milk.

I think its cool you did it, but I wouldnt recommend it now. You never know what disease you will get.

I hope UAEkid doesnt read your post, he will never leave you alone about that.
Guardasil
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Feb 22, 2009
Chocoholic wrote:As far as I am aware you cannot get unpasteurized milk!

although I think it's a load of rubbish! I used to live next door to a dairy farm and we would take milk straight from the tank, full fat, full cream - yummy - nothing like it!

Also drink straight from the cow, still warm, just sieve it a bit. Nothing wrong there.

From what dark ages are you from, Miss Chocoholic?

I wonder...
RobbyG

Feb 25, 2009
Miss Chocoholic cant respond at the computer right now, she is too busy with nausea from drinking infected milk.
Guardasil
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Feb 25, 2009
Or with wiping off her milky mustache perhaps ;)
RobbyG

Feb 27, 2009
Chocoholic wrote:As far as I am aware you cannot get unpasteurized milk!

yes...you drank FRESH milk!! The problem arises when I don't have a cow next door and that milk has to travel some way to get to me. If pasteurized milk has a 4 day expiry, imagine unpasteurized
dee7o
Dubai forums Addict

so wrong !! Jul 14, 2009
No offence but Thats not accurate

Nothing at all wrong with raw milk - i know several friends who give it to their babies and kids

where do you think lactose intolerance comes from - the pasteurization process kills anything of use in the milk plus kills the very thing we need to be able to handle it in our bellies !!

its the processed - additive packed crud you should avoid to protect your colon

Guardasil wrote::shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

I dont want to prevent you from eating and drinking anything you want, but drinking raw milk or dairy and having fresh cheese is very unhealthy.

You remember Louis Pasteur, well he invented it. It does not kill all organisms like sterilization, but is does reduce the number of pathogens.

If you continue to drink non-pasteurized milk, maybe, just maybe, one day we will be operating on your colon.

Good Luck
ross.james@iirme.com
UAE, Dubai Forum starter

Aug 27, 2009
camel raw milk is easily available
vicked
Dubai Forum User

Aug 27, 2009
Guardasil wrote::shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Good Luck

Go tell this to the calves, puppies, baby camels, babies on mothers milk und so wieder.
What you are referring to is if milk has to be stored for a long period of time and then drunk.
vistasad
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

undefined Nov 25, 2014
Guardasil , Disease is a state of mind :) . You need enzymes and good bacteria too, if you eat and drink only pasteurized stuff how you will get all those??. In my childhood I used to eat egg straight from chicken and milk straight from cow. I rarely had any disease. But there is a difference I used to eat 100 % organic home grown chicken egg and A2 protein milk from an Desi cow. But you don't get these two now in the market :)
JoshAyurveda
UAE, Dubai Forum starter

undefined Dec 14, 2014
I have been drinking raw (goat, sheep, cow) milk and fresh yogurt made from raw milk and fresh Labneh (soft cream-like - cheese) and fresh white cheese since I was an infant as told by my mom and I even remember during my childhood when I used to go to the farmer house to get the fresh milk and fresh yogurt (un-pasteurized and no artificial additives and we used to eat left overs after a day or two that's if there was anything left because it was sooooo yummy and full of flavor) when we used to go from Beirut to spend the summer holiday in the mountains, I used to be happy to see where my fresh food (labneh, milk, yogurt, cheese that I eat everyday in the city come from) I never been to a hospital and never been sick. Now since I moved to dubai 8 years ago,I very very rarely drink milk and eat yogurt that are available in the supermarkets because it lacks of taste and freshness, here I started getting headaches, constipation, stomach ache, gaining wait etc... and that's all because of the industrial unhealthy pasteurized food that is available in the market. I have been looking for places where I can buy fresh raw milk or fresh home made yogurt in dubai (maybe I am not searching enough any tips for such places is very much appreciated). Now every time I go on vacation or even a short visit back home, I call and book in advance the quantity needed for me (as it is limited and available for pre-orders, but sometimes if you are lucky you get to find some extra stock) of fresh milk and fresh yogurt from the farmers in the village straight to the small mini market shops in the neighborhood in the city (capital) on daily basis for people like me to enjoy the taste and quality which are great.
So for those who are criticizing people who drink raw milk and stuff like this, I tell you that you guys have to be careful of eating the pasteurized rubbish available in the market, because it is full of diseases, additives, preservatives and have lost all its nutrients, and that's why if you compare this generation to our grandparents you'll find that grandparents lived longer and were much much more healthier "drinking raw milk even straight from the cow" and not like our generation where obesity, heart diseases, and cancer are widely spread and that is because of the processed food we eat everyday. I wish I can afford to buy a piece of land and have my own small farm where I don't have to eat all the processed food and just enjoy the freshness of everything that grows in my land and goes into my mouth
boudi
UAE, Dubai Forum starter

undefined Aug 23, 2015
Where is raw milk available in Ras Al Khaimah or Sharjah? Camel would be ideal but also interested in raw cow and goats milk. Any information would be most appreciated!
NewtoRAK
UAE, Dubai Forum starter

posting in Health and Medicine in DubaiForum Rules

Return to Health and Medicine in Dubai