Television In Dubai

Topic locked
Television in Dubai Oct 15, 2006
Hi
My family and I are close to moving to Dubia and I was wondering what tv is available for UK people. I have seen posted elsewhere that that UK terrestial channels are available? How can you get these? Is it possible to erect dishes in villas? Can hotbird be picked up from dubia?
Any help / info gratefully received

gazza210
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Oct 15, 2006
Welcome to DF Gazza

A great number of different packages exist here for TV, including many of the UK like BBC Prime etc.
Dishes are normally allowed on villas.
Dubai English TV is also not bad.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Oct 15, 2006
thankyou for the welcome. exciting times are ahead
i was particularly interested to see if you could get the terrestial uk channels, (as opposed to the watered down BBC prime).
What is DIC? Is it an interent based TV offering?
gazza210
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Oct 15, 2006
gazza210 wrote:thankyou for the welcome. exciting times are ahead
i was particularly interested to see if you could get the terrestial uk channels, (as opposed to the watered down BBC prime).
What is DIC? Is it an interent based TV offering?

DIC = Dubai Internet City, they are an alternative service provider, offering all systems TV, Internet & Telephone via cable, only available on Emaar properties as far as I know.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Oct 20, 2006
Sorry Gazza to be the bearer of bad news, but no chance to get channel 4, ITV or any BBC channels (original ones, as opposed to BBC Prime and BBC News). There are some Uk channels in Showtime, called UK TV, UK Style and BBC food, but they are not very good. No idea what exactly they show, as I do not watch them. Hence no idea how up to date they are, or if they are juts old reruns.
Julieta
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

posting in Dubai Expat Help ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Expat Help Forum