Table Tennis

Topic locked
Table Tennis Feb 11, 2007
Hi Guys,
I stay in Al Ghusais, my GF in Karama. Is there a place here where we can enjoy playing table tennis(ping pong) with some membership schemes -monthly, qtly, etc ?

boricol
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Feb 11, 2007
The only place for Table Tennis I know is Sports City in Deira near Etisalat or Dubai Bowling Centre. None of them have a membership charges just pay by hourly like 10 or 15 dhs.
Unknown Devil
Dubai forums Addict

Feb 14, 2007
There are other places.. like in burdubai, musella tower.. u may find the the room space to be a bit small if u both r good players. but for avg players.. its good enought..
St.Lucifer
Dubai Forums Knight

Feb 14, 2007
Al Nasr Sports Club has a table tennis section, I think that is not too far for you.

Check their site in the sport clubscolumn.

If you find out about more clubs or maybe people just forming a group without being official, please let me know.
Than I can add them to the list for others looking for the same.
astridindubai
Dubai Forums Member

Table Tennis groups Feb 15, 2007
Ill check out about Sports City nr Etisalat. The one at the Bowling Centre is not all that good but something better than nothin. Only trouble the TT ball falls out onto the Bowling alley down!!

Astrid, It wud be a good idea to start an unofficial club just so that all of us who have an interest in the game-not pro' can sometimes get 2gether and have a few games. I havent played since I landed in Dxb 8yrs.... And im just an OK player just keen to play again.

Any inputs/ suggestions ??
boricol
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Aug 08, 2008
Hello guys,

I've been looking to play table tennis ever since I moved to Dubai but I just couldn't find anyone to play with. I can manage to come to Dubai Bowling (its the one near Century Mall, right?). I live in Muhisnah. Maybe we should meet up and hit some balls together.

I am a very average player.
nabeeliq
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Aug 08, 2008
Hi Nabeel,
DBC nr Century Mall is decent with abt 4 TT tables- a lil cramped and charge Dhs 20 on weekends/ hr. Im an avg player too- not played in 10+ yrs. We cud team up- and hit some balls (to quote u)! Let me know for next Fri. Thx
boricol
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Aug 09, 2008
Hi Boricol,

I haven't played ping pong in about 5 years myself. I really need this exercise coz I've been laying around on my A$$ for too long, its about time I got myself into some healthy activity.

My number is 050-1381501, give me a buzz and we'll definitely meet up next Friday.
Cheers
nabeeliq
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Aug 10, 2008
hello guys
nice to c this i'm interesting as well to play table tennis wz u all if its ok
i think may be nasser club is good as well, any where to start is no problem, if there is an arrangement kindly let me know.

Thnaks for the subject and have a nice day all of u
yasrkasem
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Aug 10, 2008
Hello Yasr,

We met up yesterday and played at Dubai Bowling Center. It was the most fun and fat burning activity I have done, since I landed in Dubai.

We've decided to play at least 2 times a week once on a weekend (Friday/Saturday) and once on a weekday. For now, the coming Saturday is a confirmed date, however, if we meet up anyday on the weekend, we'll let you know.

You can contact me on 050-1381501

Cheers
Nabeel
nabeeliq
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Aug 10, 2008
Oh lovely,
We are now getting a TT fan club. Nabeel, was planning to call u yday- and then I slept on it! But Im glad the ball has started rolling. 2ce a week is good enuff to shed some flab. Ill join in asap- call u sooner than later. Sat is fab. But i work till 4.30 pm Ill see what I can squeeze in.... adios
boricol
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Aug 10, 2008
Hello Napeel,
i saved your numb. and the sat is good for me, i will contact you friday to know which place and time to be meet on.
thanks again for the idea and c u soon
yasrkasem
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Aug 13, 2008
Hello everyone,

We will meet on Saturday (16th August 2008) at the Dubai Bowling Club between 3 and 4 pm. Please clear your schedules and make time for this activity.

I expect at least 4 of us to show up. Myself, Sohaib, Raju and Yaser. Brian, I know you work on Saturday's and I am sorry that you might not be able to make it. However, we will definitely decide to meet up at least one weekday apart from a weekend, so we'll definitely meet up soon.

Cheers guys, looking forward to meeting all of you.
nabeeliq
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Aug 13, 2008
Hello all,
i do confirm my attendance, Nabeel, is it just for 1 hour! or we will be there during this hour!
any how sure we will enjoy our time on TT there

Cheers
yasrkasem
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Aug 14, 2008
Nabeel,
Do let me know when u guys are meeting up on a weekday.

Im not sure Ill be able to make it bw 3-4 Sat, but ill try n squeeze outta work. Tho' its my day off, im almost always at work atleast till 4 whereafter Im free. Will 4-5 be considered- I know its short notice?

Laters rajiv
boricol
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Aug 14, 2008
Sure Rajiv, 4-5 seems OK. We will be playing by then, so you can pop in anytime after 4
nabeeliq
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Aug 17, 2008
hey all...i play in sports city in deira and its costing 16dhs per hour. the table there is good. before there was enough space to play but now there is little space but quite enough to play. normally we play there sometimes during the week, thursday friday and saturday...if you would to join then call me at 050-5580939

cheers
tiktakbaba
Dubai Forum Guest

Aug 17, 2008
Hello every1
we met saturday and it was so nice
Thanks Nabeel and Sohaib for the great fat burning ;)
we arranged to be there tomorrow Monday 18 Aug. any one wanna join are welcome

cheers
yasrkasem
Dubai Forums Frequenter

table tennis Oct 07, 2008
Hello Nabil & Rajiv,

I was trying to find a place to catch up on playing table tennis, when i found your thread on this forum. I am an okay player. Do you guys still play? Would it be okay if I join you? Let me know.

Rakesh
RockyM
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Nov 05, 2008
Hey guys..

So have you found any clubs we can join? Do you play for cash like betting? lol. Do you know any upcoming table tennis tournaments where we can win cash? Who wants to team up with me?:D
paddleofdeath
UAE, Dubai Forum starter

Nov 19, 2008
paddleofdeath wrote:Hey guys..

So have you found any clubs we can join? Do you play for cash like betting? lol. Do you know any upcoming table tennis tournaments where we can win cash? Who wants to team up with me?:D

Hi there

where are you guys playing and the timing?

I wish I can join you guys to form a club
DanT
Dubai Forum Guest

Nov 22, 2008
Guys
I stay in Greens n visit the Haaya club in Lakes where they do have a TT table.. not a great setup but smethng is better tahn nothing...

I'm a good TT player but looking for a partner., If someone is ready to join me on weekends, message me..

cheers!
abhijit
xdude
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Nov 24, 2008
xdude wrote:Guys
I stay in Greens n visit the Haaya club in Lakes where they do have a TT table.. not a great setup but smethng is better tahn nothing...

I'm a good TT player but looking for a partner., If someone is ready to join me on weekends, message me..

cheers!
abhijit

Abhijit,
I live in the Greens and want to play tt. Weekends is good for me.
Let me know.

Simon
Simon B
Dubai Forum Visitor

Dec 06, 2008
hello guys
we met 2 times as i remember, and for sorry we didn't from weeks
we enjoyed it too much but i think we back to wrok as usual
so, all details about the place address is some where here.
i will be in Istanbul for 5 days from monday, and i will be glade to join any of you all any time to play TT.
you can call me for arrangments on my mobile 050 5542100

cheers
yasrkasem
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Dec 08, 2008
[quote="Simon B"][quote="xdude"]Guys

cheers!
abhijit[/quote]

Abhijit,
Let me know.

Simon[/quote]

Thats cool Simon..
PM me ur coordinates.. we can plan a game
xdude
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Dec 08, 2008
xdude wrote:
Simon B wrote:

cheers!
abhijit

Abhijit,
Let me know.

Simon

Thats cool Simon..

Abhijit,

Do you want to play this weekend. Love4peace on the forum has told me that you can play tt somewhere in Time Square. If not we can play at Haaya Club. Come back to me
Simon B
Dubai Forum Visitor

Dec 10, 2008
Simon B wrote:
xdude wrote:
Simon B wrote:

cheers!
abhijit

Abhijit,
Let me know.

Simon

Thats cool Simon..

Abhijit,

Do you want to play this weekend. Love4peace on the forum has told me that you can play tt somewhere in Time Square. If not we can play at Haaya Club. Come back to me

Abhijit,

I am staying in the Greens and have transport. We can play when ever you want. Come back to me.

Simon
Simon B
Dubai Forum Visitor

Dec 15, 2008
hi guys
how r u all,
well, where and when you gonna play TT again?
please update me.
i think my mobile no. is somewhere here or there

thnx
yasrkasem
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Dec 26, 2008
Hi,
I just moved to Dubai a couple of weeks ago from the US. I used to be pretty good at table tennis but havent played for a while. I would love to find a place to play and also someone to play. Please let me know if anyone is interested. Thanks
asfand64
Dubai Forum Guest

Dubai Forum Topic - Playing table tennis in Dubai Jan 16, 2009
Hello Guys

Please count me in your plans of TT anytime, anywhere.
I work in Dubai Internet City and stay in Ghusais, happy to join either in the evenings on weekdays or alternatively on weekeends.

Look foward to hear from you!

Cheers
Syed
050 456 8417
justmoved
Dubai Expat Wannabe

posting in Dubai Expat Help ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Expat Help Forum