Shipping From NZ To Dubai

Topic locked
Shipping from NZ to Dubai Aug 10, 2006
Just wondering how long it takes for a container shipment to arrive in Dubai from NZ (or Aus would be close enough)?

ajb
Dubai chat master

Aug 10, 2006
Isn't it cheaper in the long run to just buy new stuff when you get here? Seems to be inexpensive enough and they have everything. Unless you need to haul stuff for an entire family and will be living here for many years.

To me the cost of shipping (not from NZ) plus the aggrevation would not have made it worth it. Then again, I've got 10% of the stuff here compared to what I have at home but it is plenty enough.

Use your "relocation allowance an buy new stuff" - unless you have to pay a lot of money for storage (in which case sell most of it).
Concord
Dubai Forums Zealot

Aug 10, 2006
I didn't bring anything. Just buy new stuff here, it'd be cheaper than NZ anyway.
^ian^
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Aug 10, 2006
Thanks but the company is paying for the container there and back again at the end of the contract .... so definitely cheaper to take it with me.

Anyone done it who has an idea on timing?
ajb
Dubai chat master

Aug 10, 2006
ajb wrote:Thanks but the company is paying for the container there and back again at the end of the contract .... so definitely cheaper to take it with me.

Anyone done it who has an idea on timing?

Same situation with me aj. Took 6 weeks from Fremantle Port, Perth, WA to being unpacked in my place here.
XRW-147
Dubai Forums Zealot

Aug 10, 2006
i would do like conc suggested. tell the company to just give you the money and buy new stuff that way you save the hassle of packing and unpacking (as you'll have to so some of it anyway) :wink:

you sound like an single guy how much sh$t could you have :roll:
I-No-Jack
Dubai forums Addict

Aug 10, 2006
I-No-Jack wrote:i would do like conc suggested. tell the company to just give you the money and buy new stuff that way you save the hassle of packing and unpacking (as you'll have to so some of it anyway) :wink:

you sound like an single guy how much sh$t could you have :roll:

I'll ask the company if they will give me the cash but so far they havnt offered an amount for relocation just said that they pay for my flights and a container ..... interesting perception you have formed :wink: ..... over the years Ive acquired alot to move around so will see ...
ajb
Dubai chat master

posting in Dubai Expat Help ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Expat Help Forum