Share An Apartment With The Opposite Sex In Dubai

Topic locked
Share an apartment with the opposite sex in dubai Apr 22, 2008
hi i'am a male asian and ive been offered a job in dubai. currently my female friend (same nationality as i am) is renting an apartment, to subsidize our lodging expense we were thinking of sharing an apartment but i've heard and read it is illegal to live together unmarried couples in one roof. but still they say alot is doing it, as long as nobody complains.
how about our situation were not couples but may look one if we will be sharing the same apartment.
how do we go about this, need your advice.
thanks!

pony
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Apr 22, 2008
Since you happen to be Asian, the authorities will pounce on you a lot harder when you do get caught.
gtmash
Dubai forums GURU

Apr 22, 2008
don't advertise and don't worry too much. and don't caught.
studstar
Dubai forums Addict

Apr 23, 2008
meaning we can get away with it as long as we dont tell it.
how about the landlords would they require a marriage certificate?
pony
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Apr 23, 2008
yup, landlords dont freakin care if you're really married or not, it's all about the dirhams to them
studstar
Dubai forums Addict

Apr 23, 2008
pony wrote:meaning we can get away with it as long as we dont tell it.
how about the landlords would they require a marriage certificate?

Meaning that you can get away with it as long as you don't get caught. If you do, beware of the consequences.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Apr 24, 2008
just pretend to be married and tell everyone you guys are married... nobody will be suspicious
shaq
Dubai Forums Member

Apr 24, 2008
shaq wrote:just pretend to be married and tell everyone you guys are married... nobody will be suspicious

Why do you advise somebody to break the law, especially when the consequences are so dire?
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Apr 24, 2008
thanks for all the advice guys.
pony
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Apr 24, 2008
thanks for all the advice guys.
pony
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Apr 24, 2008
not everyone has the luxury to make those choices, especially in an expensive place like dubai... sometimes you just need to take some calculated risks
shaq
Dubai Forums Member

Apr 25, 2008
shaq wrote:not everyone has the luxury to make those choices, especially in an expensive place like dubai... sometimes you just need to take some calculated risks

That is nonsense. You are not forced to take these chances.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

May 15, 2008
what exactly are the consequences? Im american and my fiance is from the UAE, would we get in trouble if he spent the night? What if I choose to live with my brother? he is also moving to the UAE around the same time as me and we thought it might be good to lower living costs by sharing an apartment.

also, i've been told certain sections of town aren't good for a woman to live by herself. is this true? if so what areas should i be weary of?

palmtreeprincess23
Dubai Forum Guest

posting in Dubai Expat Help ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Expat Help Forum