Searching For Contact At The Cananadian Consulate

Topic locked
Searching for contact at the Cananadian consulate May 19, 2007
HI there,
I have a bit of an interesting situation and require some help. I was trying to get my Dubai drivers license by switching over from my Canadian license. I was told that I needed a letter from the Canadian Consulate saying that my license was a Canadian document (go figure). I went to the Consulate and got turned out because I do not hold a Canadian passport. I have been living in Canada for the last 6 years and still hold a valid working visa. I tried talking to a consular agent but the reception lady wouldn't even let me. I was literally told "..until you get passport you no talk to no one" which, rudeness aside, puts me in a very interesting situation since I need a drivers license. I tried getting my Canadian friend to contact the consulate on my behalf and believe it or not he was told the same thing, the same woman wouldn't even let him talk to an agent.
Is there anyone out there that knows any consular officers? If so could you please pass on this to them, or help me get in contact with them? You can send me a PM and I will contact you.
thanks

squalidae
Dubai Expat Wannabe

posting in Dubai Expat Help ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Expat Help Forum