A Question

Topic locked
a question Nov 11, 2006
Hi folks. I need your help. I am coming in Dubai very soon. I would like to know how much alcohol can I bring? I know there must be some restriction, we're talking about a muslim country, but...
So, can I bring alcohol with me?How much? how many botles?
Thanks

iurca
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Nov 11, 2006
By doing a simple search in the Forum, you would come up : Max of 4.0l per person i.e. wine/spirits etc. Beer, i am not sure of.
yorky500
Dubai forums GURU

Nov 11, 2006
yorky500 wrote:By doing a simple search in the Forum, you would come up : Max of 4.0l per person i.e. wine/spirits etc. Beer, i am not sure of.

Beer you are allowed 4 x 12 cans instead of the wine / spirits
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

thanks Nov 11, 2006
thanks
Sorry, I haven't thought about searching the forum.
will do that in future
cheers
iurca
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Nov 11, 2006
You can also find lots of beers in Irish Village, Hotels, Bars, and some other license shop in Ajman and Umm Al Qwain.

Well, I got these informations from DF too. I know Irish Village, as i personally go there once in a while. :wink:

No worries, you won't be homesick here. Make friends, enjoy and have fun! :wink:
asc_26
Dubai forums GURU

Nov 11, 2006
asc_26 wrote:You can also find lots of beers in Irish Village, Hotels, Bars, and some other license shop in Ajman and Umm Al Qwain.

Well, I got these informations from DF too. I know Irish Village, as i personally go there once in a while. :wink:

No worries, you won't be homesick here. Make friends, enjoy and have fun! :wink:

ASC, please, if you don't know, please don't advise.

Irish Village is a pub / restaurant and beers only available for drinking in house.

Ajman & Umm Al Qwain are strictly illegal with respects to coming back to Dubai through Sharjah, and are simply not worth the risk.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Nov 11, 2006
sage & onion wrote:
asc_26 wrote:You can also find lots of beers in Irish Village, Hotels, Bars, and some other license shop in Ajman and Umm Al Qwain.

ASC, please, if you don't know, please don't advise.

Irish Village is a pub / restaurant and beers only available for drinking in house.

Ajman & Umm Al Qwain are strictly illegal with respects to coming back to Dubai through Sharjah, and are simply not worth the risk.

Ohh sorry sage. :D Ok, there are beers available in IV but only available for in house drinking. With regards to Ajman & Umm Al Qwain.. :? :? FORGET IT, it's not worth the risk. :wink:
asc_26
Dubai forums GURU

posting in Dubai Expat Help ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Expat Help Forum