Property ?

Topic locked
Property ? Oct 15, 2005
Hi All. Can anyone shed light on which district an english chap might want to rent/buy a place in Dubai?

martinr
UAE, Dubai Forum starter

Oct 15, 2005
Martin;

If you're already in Dubai (your profile suggests so) then buy Connector & Dubai City Guide - which will both give you a lot of background information.

Depending on your lifestyle, $$$, workplace there are a host of places you might want to live from a spacious sea-view flat in Sharjah down to 1-bed apartments at the 6th interchange (Jebel Ali). The distance between these is about 50km.

There is no 'English district' in Dubai.

- Stuart
Stuart
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Property Oct 15, 2005
Popular places with the expats are Dubai Marina, Greens, Green Community, The Springs, Arabian Ranches, Im a UK real estate agent working in Dubai, give us a shout if you need any advice or help with buying or renting....email grdodd46@hotmail.com or mobile +971503163367
skyhigh
Dubai Forum User

Re: Property Oct 15, 2005
skyhigh wrote:Popular places with the estate agents are Dubai Marina, Greens, Green Community, The Springs, Arabian Ranches, Im a UK expat working in Dubai, give us a shout if you need .....

Why are all real estate agents so keen on Emaar? Do they get a special deal (I don't think so) or is it just easier to 'move' the newer buildings which have a glossy brochure by the developer?
Skyhigh - just so that we all feel fully comfortable with your advice, could you confirm your NAEA number?

Cheers - Stuart
Stuart
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Property Oct 15, 2005
Im actually working for Century 21 Gulf group real estate in Dubai, other places which arent developed by Emaar and are popular with the expats are Jumeirah and Mirdif but unfortunately you cannot purchase property in these areas as yet, there are many other places to purchase in Dubai Marina that arent through Emaar and many other developments that arent completed as of yet but I am assuming you are looking for something that is completed to save on rent. Typically Emaar is not my first choice in terms of buying or renting property but it all depends on the persons individual tastes, preferences and budget!
skyhigh
Dubai Forum User

Oct 16, 2005
Skyhigh;

Ok - you're legit :) ... sorry if I caused any offence.

For purchasing options you're absolutely right, however if the guy would consider renting (and he said he would) then there are far more options.

- S
Stuart
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

posting in Dubai Expat Help ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Expat Help Forum