Noob Seeking Noobs Or Not-so-noobs

Topic locked
Noob seeking noobs or not-so-noobs Aug 16, 2007
Wotcher

Ive just moved from Manchester to Dubai with a new job - the guys at work are friendly and have been out for a few beers with them already but I want to build a social life thats not work-based (dont want to have to be on my best behaviour all the time!).

Just wondering if there are any English speaking Dubai noobs (or not-so-noobs) who are looking to hook up with like minded people and get stuck into Dubai. Im 35, I like a beer or several (but am a civilised drunk!), enjoy live music (not a fan of house or RnB which is all Dubai clubs seem to offer), good conversation, watching rugby/footy/motorsport, I play guitar, enjoy computer gaming, I have a good (if warped) sense of humour and Im generally regarded as a good bloke back home. I want to check out loads of places in Dubai, and get further afield - offroading, camping in the desert, Hatta, etc.

So if like me youre new to Dubai, sat in your flat wondering if the rest of the city is having more fun than you, reply to this post!

Oh, I live in the Greens by the way

Cheers

Adam

8)

oodoom
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Aug 16, 2007
Buy a Counterstrike:Source DVD and come on the Qnet server.
gtmash
Dubai forums GURU

Aug 17, 2007
Cheers mate but I want to meet people in the flesh rather than online!

Loads of people have read my post but only one reply - come on Dubai you can do better than that!
oodoom
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Aug 17, 2007
oodoom wrote:Cheers mate but I want to meet people in the flesh rather than online!

Loads of people have read my post but only one reply - come on Dubai you can do better than that!

Dubai only has a few real people. By the way, I suggested the game since you said you like gaming.
gtmash
Dubai forums GURU

Aug 17, 2007
Adam

I think there are alot of people, based on my experience in this forum.... that would love to meet up for beer..... but they are just too shy to admit it in the open!! :oops:

Maybe try a different tact..... read through soem posts.... pick a few people that seem like minded and send them a PM!

There are some great people on here..... but be selective..... there are also some real jerks..... Westside.... I'm talking to you!!!!

Good Luck and ENJOY!

D xx
English Girlie
Dubai Expat Helper

Aug 18, 2007
gtmash wrote:
oodoom wrote:Cheers mate but I want to meet people in the flesh rather than online!

Dubai only has a few real people. By the way, I suggested the game since you said you like gaming.

Sorry GTMash - no offence meant - I was a bit abrupt in my reply wasnt I! I am planning to do some online gaming when I get more settled here - need an apartment and a decent internet connection first though! Will 1MBPS be enough do you reckon?
oodoom
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Aug 18, 2007
English Girlie wrote:Adam

I think there are alot of people, based on my experience in this forum.... that would love to meet up for beer..... but they are just too shy to admit it in the open!! :oops:

Maybe try a different tact..... read through soem posts.... pick a few people that seem like minded and send them a PM!

There are some great people on here..... but be selective..... there are also some real jerks..... Westside.... I'm talking to you!!!!

Good Luck and ENJOY!

D xx

Cheers for that - will keep trying. Although having read my post I may have given the impression that Im slightly obsessed by beer! Thats not altogether true - I am also capable of spending time with friends in non-booze related ways!
oodoom
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Aug 18, 2007
oodoom wrote:

Good Luck and ENJOY!

D xx

Cheers for that - will keep trying. Although having read my post I may have given the impression that Im slightly obsessed by beer! Thats not altogether true - I am also capable of spending time with friends in non-booze related ways!

Ah damn... and I was about to see if you wanted a pint.
^ian^
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Aug 18, 2007
^ian^ wrote:
oodoom wrote:

Good Luck and ENJOY!

D xx

Ah damn... and I was about to see if you wanted a pint.

Ian - if you mean that I can retract all that nonsense about non-booze!

Adam
oodoom
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Aug 19, 2007
well going to a bar for the match on wednesday night will probably a good start! Will be heading to Barasti myself!
Rosbif71
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Aug 19, 2007
Rosbif71 wrote:well going to a bar for the match on wednesday night will probably a good start! Will be heading to Barasti myself!

What is a coolsuit? Barasti is far too hot this time of year.

Suggest IV or Fibber McGees for a cool footy spot at this TOY.
^ian^
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Aug 21, 2007
Always up for a bit of footie - forgive my ignorance, but where are IV and Fibber Macgees? Im coming from the Greens so whichever is nearest would suit me.

I guess kick off will be at half 10ish Dubai time - could be a late night!

Mebbe see you tomorrow if youre still up for it.

Cheers

Adam
oodoom
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Sep 01, 2007
hi, u settled in yet, its been a few months!

i just read this post, came here in dec 2006, im from newcastle area, so let me know if u want to go out to the bars sometime, tho i usually stick to the bur dubai area!
dave101
Dubai Forums Frequenter

posting in Dubai Expat Help ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Expat Help Forum