I Need The Straight Goods On Relocation Expenses

Topic locked
I need the straight goods on relocation expenses Aug 24, 2005
Hi all,
I need the bottom line as I'm about to make a decision about buying my ticket to Dubai from Canada. I've been searching for work in Dubai via the internet for 2 months and have had a number of positive responses from major companies who I'd hoped would be willing to pay my way over. However, it seems that I'm expected to pay my way there and interview. I really want to just suck it up and buy the ticket but who can really afford to shell out a two grand on the chance of getting work?
Is this how things usually work in Dubai?...that I pay my way? I just want to make sure? Is there anyone out there whose company paid their relocation expenses?
Thanks,
Jennifer

SouqExplorer
Dubai Forum Visitor

Aug 24, 2005
Hi marketexplorer :-)

It really depends on the company and what the job is. I know many PhD friends who went to teach at Universities in UAE and got all their expenses paid for including their families tickets, shipping, and the whole deal.

I would wait and see, it is possible that you may get a company willing to fly you over to start since most long distance interviews are actually done on the phone or via local rep. in Canada or the US.

Though not seriously and not that hard, I've been looking for the past few years...not in a rush since I have a good job here in canada anyway. if I get that much better job and in Dubai fine, if not, then I'm staying where I am.

Hope that helps,
Acebravo
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Aug 24, 2005
Many recruiters and companies have told me that its better to be there than here to get a job. So I have sucked it up and I am flying down there from Canada in September to try it out...

If I get something then GREAT!!! If I get nothing then its a long vacation.... But of course I WANNA FIND SOMETHING!!!!!!

If anybody can help on this list, PLEASE HELP!!!!!

Project Coordination/Management or Financial Accounting Analysis.... These are my areas of expertise (IT, Construction/Development, & services industries).... 8)
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

Aug 24, 2005
UH OH! look out Dubai here comes Liban! :twisted:

Best of luck to you Liban, do please tell if being there actually is the way to go...that of course, if you get Internet access over there to post for us.

Enjoy your trip!
Acebravo
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Aug 24, 2005
I will have my laptop with me and internet access from where i'm staying and also internet cafes (i have wifi)....

I will keep posting :D
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

posting in Dubai Expat Help ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Expat Help Forum