Moving To Dubai Tomorrow. Need Help!

Topic locked
Moving to Dubai tomorrow. Need Help! Nov 27, 2007
Hey I'm moving to Dubai tomorrow and need a lot of help.

The first and foremost thing that is important for me is internet. What are the internet providers there, their prices, and their speeds?

I'm 19 years old, male, and also want to make sure I do not die of boredom there. I have been there once before for 4 days, but haven't seen much except the amazing Mall of the Emirates. I was born and raised in America, with Afghan ancestry, so I speak fluent English and Farsi, and studied Spanish in California. I'm very open-minded to the different activities available whether it is clubs (I have my way of getting in), Shisha, or simply watching movies, etc.

Is there anything else I should know also about Dubai? And how is the school system for an American there? From what I heard, they are lenient towards Americans on a lot of stuff.

I definitely need to find some people to hang around with. In America, my hobbies were street racing, going out, getting ****ed up, computer/video games, and just having fun.

Please help me!

Thanks,
Nick

nickamin
Dubai Forum Visitor

Re: Moving to Dubai tomorrow. Need Help! Nov 27, 2007
nickamin wrote: I was born and raised in America, with Afghan ancestry, so I speak fluent English and Farsi, and studied Spanish in California.
Please help me!

Thanks,
Nick

How come some afghani has name "Nick". Dont u have names like Mullah omar , Gulbadeen yaar , Qarzai :lol:

BTW: Well come and we hope u ll enjoy your stay at Forum. In few minutes , one of our senior consultant will be in touch with you as all lines are buzy at the moment.
HP
Dubai Forums Knight

Nov 27, 2007
Haha

My real name is Nabil, but even my family calls me Nick, as I was born and raised in California. :lol:
nickamin
Dubai Forum Visitor

Nov 27, 2007
Internet connection: You can have 256kb speed for 149 AED a month.

You can call the Etisalat help line for this at 101

Wireless ADSL router cost approx 225

And other then the Mall of the Emirates...theres nothing else to do here....been there...done that....nice small overcrowded city filled with filthy ppl.
guest999

Nov 27, 2007
Internet connection: You can have 256kb speed for 149 AED a month.

You can call the Etisalat help line for this at 101

Wireless ADSL router cost approx 225

And other then the Mall of the Emirates...theres nothing else to do here....been there...done that....nice small overcrowded city filled with filthy ppl.
guest999

posting in Dubai Expat Help ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Expat Help Forum