Moving To Dubai

Topic locked
Moving to Dubai Apr 04, 2006
Hi all:
I am an Architect from the US. I'm negotiating with a US Firm to work at their Office in Dubai as a senior Design Architect .
I have no Idea what to ask for.
I would appretiate any insight on the cost of living there, Housing, private American schools, living costs in general.
Thanks

Basomatic
UAE, Dubai Forum starter

Apr 05, 2006
Hi,

compared to the city you are from?
Just a few ideas, i´m from germany so i can only say it from my own point of view.

- 2 Bedroom Villa: 23.000 USD / Year (you pay it in 2 cheques normally)
- Going shopping for the general stuff:
Expensive if goods are imported. You can buy from U.S. ready sliced salat for 6,50 USD / pack, or you can buy it for 2 USD - or local or at least Middle East stuf for 1 USD.
-Eating out will be the same as everywhere pretty much. also here it just depends on your personal standards. Finally a middle class meal with a glass of wine is about 50 USD.

What else are you interessted ?
Saymen
saymen
Dubai Forums Member

Apr 06, 2006
u try negotiating with u r employer coz most of the times they provide u a free accomodation.
gamechee
Dubai Forums Member

Apr 09, 2006
American School fees from memory are the highest-check their website. Housing-you'll be looking at AED120 000 up and then you have to look at two cars as public transport is not an option and in the heat with kids, catching a taxi can be hard. There is a thread back further on cost of living-check it out. Also dbxsoul has written some good stuff-search under his name.
GAB
Dubai Forums Veteran

Moving to Dubai helpful site May 03, 2006
try this site http://dwc.hct.ac.ae/expatinfo/

see the housing section
leighbutler
Dubai Forum Visitor

posting in Dubai Expat Help ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Expat Help Forum