Moving To Dubai

Topic locked
Moving to Dubai Jul 21, 2008
Looks as if I will be moving to the Dubai and was wondering what if any areas tends to be more US or western occupied. Having just returned from a 7 week trip I found myself very isolated.

mangusta
UAE, Dubai Forum starter

Jul 22, 2008
The only "US or western occupied" area in or around Dubai is IRAQ!!!

lol!!!!
aliwrites
Dubai Forums Member

Aug 03, 2008
get yourself into jumeirah-- altho some bldgs in deira and bur dubai are pretty western... karama prolly not for you!
Sydneysider
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Aug 04, 2008
The marina has plenty of us westerners. It can be a lonely place at first, you will have to make it a point to be active and make friends quickly. Everyone here is the same as you so it isnt hard to be social. My group of friends is very open to newcommers (we're all 20 something), PM when you get here if you want.

Ali, love the avatar
maximusprime
Dubai forums Addict

Aug 04, 2008
From my experience, where you'd prefer staying is New Dubai I guess. The Springs, The Greens, Dubai Marina (as said above), The Arabian Ranches... most of these places have a large western presence.
allinthefamily
Dubai Forum User

Aug 04, 2008
find somewhere near to Firefingers.
He'll welcome you with open arms and wont let any inbred narrow mindedness cloud his happy warm and fuzzy little world :lol: :lol:
CVB
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Aug 04, 2008
RAOTFLMAO!

Mirdiff is also pretty good.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Aug 05, 2008
CVB wrote:find somewhere near to Firefingers.
He'll welcome you with open arms and wont let any inbred narrow mindedness cloud his happy warm and fuzzy little world :lol: :lol:

boo
firefingersx
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Hello Aug 10, 2008
Hello all - if you need info on Dubai in the area of buying housing or most other things, we have a travel club that may be able to help you (The Dubai Travel Club). THE TRAVEL CLUB IS 100% FREE. My partner come up in Dubai and it is just something we want to do,, we know how hard it can be finding good realitors and other things there. You may check out our web site at

http://pvtravelclub.com/Dubia%20Frontpage.htm

Or you may email me at rms1960@gmail.com ,,, I will be happy to help you in anyway I can
rms1960
UAE, Dubai Forum starter

Aug 14, 2008
So what do you recommend? Find a site online or contact a real estate agent directly in Dubai? The problem is that I might move to Dubai in 2009 and have no clue of the whole market. All I could find about Dubai property and I have no idea if this site is any good. So if anyone could help with some tips on where to look or how much capital I should be able to provide, I would be more than thankful.
GeorgeB
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Aug 15, 2008
GeorgeB wrote:So what do you recommend? Find a site online or contact a real estate agent directly in Dubai? The problem is that I might move to Dubai in 2009 and have no clue of the whole market. All I could find about Dubai property and I have no idea if this site is any good. So if anyone could help with some tips on where to look or how much capital I should be able to provide, I would be more than thankful.

better come on 2010 when the subway has fully started , will reduce traffic and same time real estate must have been stabilised that time.
sniper420
Dubai Forums Zealot

Aug 18, 2008
Thank you very much for the advice.
GeorgeB
Dubai Expat Wannabe

MTV'S TRUE LIFE: I LIVE IN DUBAI CASTING CALL Aug 27, 2008
TRUE LIFE: I LIVE IN DUBAI

Are you a foreign student studying in Dubai at either an American or local institution, or teaching abroad in Dubai? Are you a local who finds the ever increasing foreign presence in the city a threat to your traditional customs? Are you an expatriate who does not identify with the mostly Arabic customs and laws? Are you or a family member relocating to Dubai for business and feeling unsure about calling Dubai your new home? Or are you simply planning an exciting vacation to Dubai to take part in one of its many festivals, celebrations, or tourist attractions? If you currently live in or will be visiting Dubai, and you believe your experience there is or will be unique culturally, MTV wants to hear from you.

If you appear to be between the ages of 16 and 28, and you think that you have an interesting story to tell the world about your experiences as either a native, local or visitor to Dubai, email us at Dubai@mtvn.com with all of the details. Please be sure to include your name, location, phone number and a photo, if possible.
MTVCasting
Dubai Forum Guest

Aug 29, 2008
GeorgeB wrote:All I could find about Dubai property and I have no idea if this site is any good.

Ha ha GeorgeB :lol: . Or should I say JenniferB, or BigWill, or Marcello, or Brittany, or ....

Google has about 500,000-900,000 results when you search for Dubai Property. Maybe your Google is faulty and you should take it in for repair :mrgreen:

Actually I think there's a problem with my Google too . I was looking for information about www.dubaiventure.co.uk and all I could find was this post. Do you think it's any good ;)?
bonk
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Sep 03, 2008
Geez are you going to spam the enitre forum advertising your website?
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Sep 07, 2008
Jumairah, marina, emirates hills, emirates lakes, ... etc.

actually you can say all over dubai (avoid deira side).. :)
idris
Dubai Forum Guest

posting in Dubai Expat Help ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Expat Help Forum