Marriage Certificate Attestation Guidance To Expats At MOFA

Topic locked
Marriage Certificate Attestation Guidance to Expats at MOFA Jun 09, 2008
For the attestation of your Marriage Certificate.
Go to Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MOFA) in Deira Dubai.
the website may not be having the Address.
But the Address is near Deira Taxi Stand, In front of the Big Etisalat Building, MOFA is on the seventh floor of the Union National Bank Building.
On the 7th floor, when you come out of any of 2 Elevators Turn Right. or turn left if u come by a corner elevator.

1. FIRST Get the Certificate attested at the UAE Embassy or Consulate in your own country and the foreign affairs of your country.

2. Come early in the morning at 6:30AM, and be early in the queue on the Ground floor. you will be allowed on 7th floor by lift only after 7:15 or 7:30 AM. Till then a big queue would be at the G Floor. So be early to come.

3. They will issue tickets at around 7:50AM as the Office starts at 8:00AM.
For Marriage Certificate they charged 150 Dirhams, but you need to bring exact change of 150 Dhs for it. If you would have come till this time 8:00AM, your token number would be after 100 or 200 people. u will be lucky to be first one if u had come much early.

4 But the counter opens around 9:00AM,
You will be directed to a Higher Officer who will check the Certificate and Sign on it. This Higher Official may sometimes be rude. Go quickly to get it sign because other people before you may try to get in for sign before you.

5. Then go to the counters 1 to 4 where there is seating arrangement where u can sit and relax till your token number be announced.

6. When the token number is announced go to the specified counter number announced to you, and get the MOFA stamps sticked on it. Wait. Its not over.

7. Then Go to the Counter no. 6 to get another sign on the MOFA stamps on it. Without it, it will be invalid.

I am explaining all this to you just because
There is no proper guidance for the visitors at MOFA.
You may have a very bad experience at MOFA if you dont know all this.

These all points I have explained above is with all my Experience I had while attestation of my marriage certificate today. Rules and Guidance may change anytime.

netmissile
Dubai Expat Wannabe

posting in Dubai Expat Help ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Expat Help Forum