Hotels In Dubai

Topic locked
Hotels in Dubai Nov 13, 2009
My boyfriend is staying at a hotel in Dubai and im going to visit him, but im not sure if ill be staying with him. My problem is im extremely worried this could get me in trouble. I dont know how it works there, and i normally only carry my drivers license (not one from the UAE as i dont live there) and a photocopy of my passport. If i just walk into the hotel, will someone actually ask me where im going or for ID? My friends told me they've never had problems, and even walk in with their boyfriends. Any info would really help. Thanks :)

SarahC
Dubai Forum User

Nov 14, 2009
be careful! go one at a time! why risk it?
DubaiInformationSite
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Nov 14, 2009
Hotels will ask for an ID and keep it with them till the time you leave the hotel.
Rickydubai
Dubai Forums Member

Nov 14, 2009
If they do ask for ID, will my drivers license (not from the uae) and a photocopy of my passport be enough?
SarahC
Dubai Forum User

Nov 15, 2009
I seriously doubt you'll have any problems. It's a hotel, they expect to have non-married couples staying there. God knows enough other things go on hotels for them to worry about.

Drivers licence will do, but doubt you'll be asked for it.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Nov 15, 2009
Yup a foreign license would be ok along with a copy of your passport.
Rickydubai
Dubai Forums Member

Nov 16, 2009
Hotels ask for ID when you check in. If couple checks in they only ask for one passport usually. If you just going to visit, unlikely you will be stopped. Bigger hotels have restaurants and bars that expat residents visit so there is high traffic of non-guests.
bonk
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

posting in Dubai Expat Help ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Expat Help Forum