Freelancer Electrical Engineer Help Needed..

Topic locked
Freelancer Electrical Engineer help needed.. Nov 26, 2013
Hi! I am new here in Dubai forum and I am looking information and help for next questions. I am professional Electrical Engineer in Europe and working world wide. Idea would be set up own freelancer business to Dubai. I might have European company who probably will use my services next 2-5 years world wide.
Any recommendations, how to get Dubai residency and work permit for freelancer quickly? Should I use some agent or proceed by myself?
Is it really necessary to have apartment / personal address in Dubai, in my case I would travel most of time and never home so it doesn't make sense to keep expensive apartment, good ideas?
Idea would be just arrive to Dubai and try to arrange all these things, perhaps arrive with tourist visa and then during stay to try proceed, best guess how long time I would need that I have all, rights to work as freelancer electrical engineer, residency etc… Time is money, I would be glad to use some agent.. :?: Thank's for your help...

--- Nov 26, 2013 ---

Sabre2
UAE, Dubai Forum starter

Re: Freelancer Electrical Engineer Help Needed.. Jan 09, 2014
You have an option to set up your own company and just be the sole owner (plus the mandatory 51% UAE national ownership). You can start this process when you arrive and i can recommend some people, but it can be costly. As an Investor/Owner, instead of Employee, you will be required to put down a larger deposit for the visa, which is between 10k-20k Dhs. Basically, you could be looking at between 20k-30k Dhs for the whole process. You don't necessarily need a 1 year tenancy contract on apt, so i guess you could avoid paying this at the start and just rent somewhere short term. You also have the option of using a very cheap office as your business address which can be provided by the company arranging your visa or company formation.

Another option that i have no experience with is setting up RAK company. I know this is much cheaper (and faster) than setting up Dubai company but cannot comment more than that.
Upkeep
Dubai Forum Guest

posting in Dubai Expat Help ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Expat Help Forum