Edinburgh >> Dubai

Topic locked
Edinburgh >> Dubai Jul 11, 2006
Hi all,

i've been offered an engineering job in Dubai and am close to accepting.

Could someone give there opinion on whether 69000 Dirhams is a sensibe amount Per annum for accomodation?

PM if anyone else wants a chat if they are moving to Dubai or if you already live their.

regards

ceeawf
Dubai Forum Guest

Re: Edinburgh >> Dubai Jul 11, 2006
ceeawf wrote:Hi all,

i've been offered an engineering job in Dubai and am close to accepting.

Could someone give there opinion on whether 69000 Dirhams is a sensibe amount Per annum for accomodation?

PM if anyone else wants a chat if they are moving to Dubai or if you already live their.

regards

There are lots of resources on the internet that will give you an idea of the costs of apartments.
It of course, as always, depends!! Where would you want to live??
For example, a one bedroom apartment in the greens or in the Marina (both nice places to live) would be around 80 to 90k per year.
the_zooter
Dubai forums GURU

Jul 16, 2006
I made the move from Aberdeen fairly recently. Did a bit of research but didn't find a huge amount of info on this forum that was all that helpful as rents are going up all the time and I also was fairly vague in my questions because I didn't really know what I was looking for. In my limited experience I would say 69k is perfectly do-able but maybe not in your ideal area.

I would say for that rent, in Edinburgh terms, you could be looking at living in a property worth about that much in pounds, if that makes sense. You can find something but I don't know what standard you are looking for. Cost of living is cheaper though so maybe you should increase your budget.

Hope this helps. If there's anything else you want to know I'll try and answer.

P.S You won't get Irn Bru here
Gordon
Dubai Forum Visitor

posting in Dubai Expat Help ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Expat Help Forum