Free Gig "Temporary Visa"

Topic locked
Free Gig "Temporary Visa" Nov 20, 2006
What say you DK?

I volunteer Constantine/Fayz to find the venue, etc.[they are good at that stuff]. Would be fun.

P.S. with my great planning: I suggested the Desert Safari but can't make it (I should get the hint :shock:) it wouldn't be me as "promoter".

Concord
Dubai Forums Zealot

Nov 20, 2006
I'm having a housewarming party soon, they can gig on the lawn?
^ian^
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Nov 20, 2006
Well I think we were kinda hoping that someone might come forward with, like, money in their hands for the next one?

All that gear on stage belongs to the bass players company as he is in the sound and light business and its bloody expensive stuff. The rest of us have various gainful employment that take us to interesting places, so tying the lads (and particualrly Salha the singer!) down might be tricky.

We shall see...

:shock: :shock: :shock:

Knight
Dubai Knight

Nov 20, 2006
Dubai Knight wrote:Well I think we were kinda hoping that someone might come forward with, like, money in their hands for the next one?

All that gear on stage belongs to the bass players company as he is in the sound and light business and its bloody expensive stuff. The rest of us have various gainful employment that take us to interesting places, so tying the lads (and particualrly Salha the singer!) down might be tricky.

We shall see...

Knight

How much?

I know we are cheap around here but...

P.S. I'll be willing to throw back the "commission" :wink:
Concord
Dubai Forums Zealot

Nov 20, 2006
Dubai Knight wrote:Well I think we were kinda hoping that someone might come forward with, like, money in their hands for the next one?

We shall see...

Knight

Come on DK, you know that in order to be famous, you have do do a bunch of stuff for nothing :wink:
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Nov 20, 2006
sage & onion wrote:

We shall see...

Knight

Come on DK, you know that in order to be famous, you have do do a bunch of stuff for nothing :wink:

All the famous people I know never do anything for nothing...including me!

8) 8) 8)

Knight
Dubai Knight

Nov 20, 2006
BUT, you ain't famous! :lol: :lol:
yorky500
Dubai forums GURU

Nov 21, 2006
I am!

In Chad!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Knight
Dubai Knight

Nov 21, 2006
Dubai Knight wrote:I am!

In Chad!

Knight

That's true. I have decreed that should DK ever visit Chad, the locals are to give him (by law) the new official welcome signal of Chad.

It is basically presenting the back of the hand with only the middle finger extended. I know it sounds silly, but this is Chad's new culture, as decreed by it's new King - HRH Osama Ben Sherman , and his trusty Head of Ministry of Cultural Relations, one notable Doctor D. Phd.

Also there are new signs erected at airports in the 6 languages of Chad which say "When in Chad...".

Temporary Visa is welcome anytime, and we can pay you in the new Chad Currency (not yet exchangeable but give it time), the Royal Dart. I think Dart is a cool name.
^ian^

Nov 21, 2006
^ian^ wrote:

In Chad!

Knight

That's true. I have decreed that should DK ever visit Chad, the locals are to give him (by law) the new official welcome signal of Chad.

It is basically presenting the back of the hand with only the middle finger extended. I know it sounds silly, but this is Chad's new culture, as decreed by it's new King - HRH Osama Ben Sherman , and his trusty Head of Ministry of Cultural Relations, one notable Doctor D. Phd.

Also there are new signs erected at airports in the 6 languages of Chad which say "When in Chad...".

Temporary Visa is welcome anytime, and we can pay you in the new Chad Currency (not yet exchangeable but give it time), the Royal Dart. I think Dart is a cool name.

Temporary Visa may well be playing their first stadium gig in Chad then!

No doubt it will be an empty stadium, but then again who could afford to pay our exhorbitant ticket prices of 50 Darts?

The Dart? Something to do with throwing it away?

Knight
Dubai Knight

Nov 22, 2006
Dubai Knight wrote:
^ian^ wrote:

In Chad!

Knight

No doubt it will be an empty stadium, but then again who could afford to pay our exhorbitant ticket prices of 50 Darts?

Knight

Ian has to go first in order to pave the way :cry:
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Nov 22, 2006
sage & onion wrote:
Dubai Knight wrote:
^ian^ wrote:

In Chad!

Knight

Knight

No need - Dr. D is in Chad as we speak sorting things out.

He's already made some remarkable improvements, not only has he introduced the Royal Dart, but he has also introduced the wheel. Progress happens quickly in Chad.
^ian^

Nov 22, 2006
^ian^ wrote:
sage & onion wrote:
Dubai Knight wrote:
^ian^ wrote:

In Chad!

Knight

Knight

No need - Dr. D is in Chad as we speak sorting things out.

He's already made some remarkable improvements, not only has he introduced the Royal Dart, but he has also introduced the wheel. Progress happens quickly in Chad.

Wow :roll:
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Nov 22, 2006
As soon as he brings fire the village can have it's first feast in honour of Dr D and the Temp Visas.
XRW-147
Dubai Forums Zealot

Nov 22, 2006
XRW-147 wrote:As soon as he brings fire the village can have it's first feast in honour of Dr D and the Temp Visas.

Now you are talking business, one box of Swan Vesta and he will be an all time hero :lol:
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Nov 22, 2006
We could always have salad?

Knight
Dubai Knight

Nov 22, 2006
sage & onion wrote:Now you are talking business, one box of Swan Vesta and he will be an all time hero :lol:

You gotta be worried when there's that fine a line between the village idiot or all time hero.
XRW-147
Dubai Forums Zealot

Nov 22, 2006
Dubai Knight wrote:
^ian^ wrote:

In Chad!

Knight

Knight

Mr. DK, Please...can I request CHA CHA as your opening song at your gig in Chad please...

*whispering* ..i already made a proposal to the king to make CHACHA as the national song and dance of CHAD but he refused it...
www.dubaiforums.com/viewtopic.php?t=13656

Will 100 darts do? let me know if i need to give more..
Thanks a lot..
isabela
Dubai Expat Helper

Nov 22, 2006
[/quote]

Mr. DK, Please...can I request CHA CHA as your opening song at your gig in Chad please...

*whispering* ..i already made a proposal to the king to make CHACHA as the national song and dance of CHAD but he refused it...

Thanks a lot..[/quote]

Well I had a look at Cha Cha, however it didn't seem to transpose into a number we could play with crashing power chords and a hammering bass line...if we did, then the dancers would soon have been in the nearest hospital!

Any tracks by Rammstein you would like in its place?

Knight
Dubai Knight

Nov 23, 2006
Dubai Knight wrote:

Thanks a lot..[/quote]

Well I had a look at Cha Cha, however it didn't seem to transpose into a number we could play with crashing power chords and a hammering bass line...if we did, then the dancers would soon have been in the nearest hospital!

Any tracks by Rammstein you would like in its place?

Knight[/quote]

I'm sorry Mr. Knight.. I don't know any songs of Rammstein..

But no worries...Chacheans (people from Chad) are very talented .. they can still dance the CHACHA (Mambo) even with a headbanging..heavy metal song... and its easy..u should try it.. :

Ms. Gday
isabela
Dubai Expat Helper

Nov 23, 2006
You need to hear the work of Rammstein first! A little on the avante garde very, very heavy metal side!

Knight
Dubai Knight

Nov 23, 2006
..hmmmmm...the chacheans need to prepare then..

ok..will try to research

thanks..

Gday..
isabela
Dubai Expat Helper

Nov 23, 2006
isabela wrote:..hmmmmm...the chacheans need to prepare then..

ok..will try to research

thanks..

Gday..

Suggest inversting in an ear plug factory! You might make a fortune!

Knight
Dubai Knight

Nov 23, 2006
Dubai Knight wrote:
isabela wrote:..hmmmmm...the chacheans need to prepare then..

ok..will try to research

thanks..

Gday..

Suggest inversting in an ear plug factory! You might make a fortune!

Knight

I think the Chadstonians (new name for them) would be proud to either have Du Hast, or perhaps Bestraffen Micht as their anthems.
^ian^

Nov 23, 2006
I thought they were Chaddeans? How about FuerFrei as a National Anthem?

Knight
Dubai Knight

Nov 23, 2006
well..Mr. Knight..i believe chaddeans is better...

what u say Dr. King?

and your highness...your confusing your people with those diff songs..that i myself dont have any idea! :roll:

Stick to chacha.. simple!

(men they dont really wanna be overpowered :roll: )
isabela
Dubai Expat Helper

Dec 03, 2006
lol, i would like to see him in CHAD with all that missfourtunes .. *giggles*
Muffi
Dubai Forum Guest

posting in Dubai EventsForum Rules

Return to Dubai Events