BD Am Window Watch

Topic locked
BD am Window Watch Jan 31, 2008
Cant resist. So, here goes ...

I just witnessed the most incredibly absurb sand parking incident.
Problem 1:
Lack of parking in this city is an understatement. Not enough meter parking. Drivers will have to resort to parking on curbs & sand. Whilst the former is illegal, there is no restriction on sand parking.
Problem 2:
Sand park-ers are not always considerate. If you park on sand, you run into the risk of being parked in. As in the case this morning.
True story:
A saloon car was parked in by FIVE cars (from different angles). Help was called. Waited for 1hr. Police came. Jiberish jiberish. Tow truck came 15 min later. Tow truck man took a metal hand bar and broke into one of the cars. But of course he broke into the most beat up looking car. Went in and free up the gear. Towed the beat up looking car out of the parking lot. Poor stranded driver finally got out of the sticky situation after almost 2 hrs. He drove out of the sand pit to the pavement only to be blocked by on coming cars. Obviously idiot drivers dont read reverse light sign, continue to drive their cars ahead. Stranded driver has to come out and negotiate again. Finally he took off, safely back on SZR. I felt relief for him. I look at the beat up car that was pulled out of the sand pit. The police and tow truck man just left the car on the pavement blocking the street. Bet the look on the face of the owner of that car when he saw his car. I hope he doesnt get a ticket for illegal parking.

Tsk tsk

BabyDoll
Dubai chat master

Jan 31, 2008
to be fair... thats more interesting than an edition of emirates news!
gezza
Dubai Expat Helper

Jan 31, 2008
What's the bet the owner of the beat up looking car will get a ticket for illegal parking on the curb? Poor guy...
abarawakijess
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Jan 31, 2008
abarawakijess wrote:What's the bet the owner of the beat up looking car will get a ticket for illegal parking on the curb? Poor guy...

serves him right for driving an old beat up looking car...that's an offence in itself.
mrs Robinson
Dubai forums Addict

Feb 03, 2008
BD what is going on outside the window.?? SZR is shocking
scarlet
Dubai Forums Veteran

Feb 03, 2008
what happened on SZR? no traffic?
St.Lucifer
Dubai Forums Knight

Feb 03, 2008
no its completely clogged - worst I've ever seen
scarlet
Dubai Forums Veteran

Feb 03, 2008
scarlet wrote:no its completely clogged - worst I've ever seen

I thought thats a normal thing n not something to cause a shock .
St.Lucifer
Dubai Forums Knight

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat