Here is No person online here... Its like a Ghost town. :|

mxm
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Re: Why Did I Log In To Here? Jan 22, 2013
Woooooo Woooooo Boo!
BMreformed
Dubai chat master

Re: Why Did I Log In To Here? Jan 22, 2013
Aaaaaah f_#k!!! You scare the sh)t out of me. Do you also dress like your dog?

--- Jan 22, 2013 ---

Aaaaaah f_#k!!! You scare the shit out of me. Do you also dress like your dog?
mxm
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Re: Why Did I Log In To Here? Jan 23, 2013
Do you always repeat yourself?
BMreformed
Dubai chat master

BMreformed wrote:Do you always repeat yourself?

No, but in your case maybe must.

--- Jan 23, 2013 ---

mxm wrote:

mxm wrote:

And are you always so rude? Why not reply hi, but you must satisfy yourself by being rude.
mxm
Dubai Expat Wannabe

I can do rude if you insist :D
BMreformed
Dubai chat master

mxm wrote: Its like a Ghost town

Pretty sad forum, isn't it?
ChevyVet
Dubai Forum User

ChevyVet wrote:
mxm wrote: Its like a Ghost town

Pretty sad forum, isn't it?

Hi. Yes indeed.
mxm
Dubai Expat Wannabe

mxm wrote:Here is No person online here... Its like a Ghost town.
It will remain like a ghost town if some more people like you start to hang out here!

Isn't it "dog behaviour" to start barking at people they dont know? Dont dogs repeat themselves?? :wink:
FF2
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

FF2 wrote:
mxm wrote:Here is No person online here... Its like a Ghost town.
It will remain like a ghost town if some more people like you start to hang out here!

Isn't it "dog behaviour" to start barking at people they dont know? Dont dogs repeat themselves?? :wink:

True.
mxm
Dubai Expat Wannabe

FF2 ,

Forum history is quite telling. It appears that there is much to the story and the disappearance of forum members. People didn't leave because it was a "boring" forum. You are demonstrating exactly what drove people off. Addressing a post that had nothing to do with you is fine, but Dog behaviour? Dog barking?
ChevyVet
Dubai Forum User

ChevyVet wrote:FF2 ,

Forum history is quite telling. It appears that there is much to the story and the disappearance of forum members. People didn't leave because it was a "boring" forum. You are demonstrating exactly what drove people off. Addressing a post that had nothing to do with you is fine, but Dog behaviour? Dog barking?

Jip. I'm extremly put off with this network or forum. If people behave like this and they live in Dubai that I thought was friendly and respectful people. I never want to go there. Behavior like this did put me off in this network and to go to Dubai.
mxm
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Do grow up. You havent been on this forum 2 minutes and yet venture opinions and come here with a major bad attitude. If you don't like it, no-one forces you to come here. Just don't log on if it's so bad.

Your first post was 'Why Did I log In to Here'. Simple answer to that is 'God Only Knows'.
BMreformed
Dubai chat master

mxm ,
mxm wrote:If people behave like this and they live in Dubai that I thought was friendly and respectful people.

That's the funny part. They don't live in Dubai. They may have at one time and still think Dubai is Dubai as they knew it. I have owned a property in another country for the past 12 years, vacation there 2-3 times a year and have several native friends. I certainly don't pretend that I'm an authority on what is happening there.

--- Jan 23, 2013 ---

BMreformed wrote: no-one forces you to come here.

On the other side, no one is forced to read or respond to a post.
ChevyVet
Dubai Forum User

ChevyVet wrote:mxm ,
mxm wrote:If people behave like this and they live in Dubai that I thought was friendly and respectful people.

That's the funny part. They don't live in Dubai. They may have at one time and still think Dubai is Dubai as they knew it. I have owned a property in another country for the past 12 years, vacation there 2-3 times a year and have several native friends. I certainly don't pretend that I'm an authority on what is happening there.

Well I really not going to reply on any further messages of that person. Just because because I'm mature Lady. Forget that. Hi Chev please to meet you.
mxm
Dubai Expat Wannabe

ChevyVet wrote:That's the funny part. They don't live in Dubai. They may have at one time and still think Dubai is Dubai as they knew it. I have owned a property in another country for the past 12 years, vacation there 2-3 times a year and have several native friends. I certainly don't pretend that I'm an authority on what is happening there.

This is for General topics and they need not neccesarily be about Dubai.

--- Jan 23, 2013 ---

ChevyVet wrote:On the other side, no one is forced to read or respond to a post.

If you post on a forum then surely you realise people will repond to it?

--- Jan 23, 2013 ---

mxm wrote:Well I really not going to reply on any further messages of that person

That's the most sensible thing you've said since you started to post.
BMreformed
Dubai chat master

BMreformed wrote:This is for General topics and they need not neccesarily be about Dubai.

Are you the administrator? I recall that somewhere in the terms it was mentioned that it was a forum about DUBAI. Maybe due to the fact that there are so many off-forum (unrelated to Dubai) threads could account for nearly zero activity and boring threads? Maybe you could create an "Off Topic" sub-forum?

Are you a member of forums of other countries that you have no connection to or don't live in? This is like me joining a forum called "Bahrain Forum", live in Germany and talk about stuff happening in France. Absolutely no connection and I'm sure people in Bahrain would have no interest.

As for people responding: that is as much of a choice as not responding. Seems some people can't resist responding. Don't they have an "ignore" feature that you could use?
ChevyVet
Dubai Forum User

mxm , I thought your very first response to one of the forumers on this thread was rude. You could have tried the freindly approach yourself, like saying "Hi"

ChevyVet , Those are your veiws; mine dont have to necessarily coincide with yours. Live and let live.
This is a Dubai forum, and everything on it is somehow related to Dubai, you just have to apply your mind to it :D

--- Jan 23, 2013 ---

FF2
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

ChevyVet wrote:Are you a member of forums of other countries that you have no connection to or don't live in?

How do you know I have no connection to Dubai?
BMreformed
Dubai chat master

FF2 wrote:Those are your veiws; mine dont have to necessarily coincide with yours. Live and let live. This is a Dubai forum, and everything on it is somehow related to Dubai, you just have to apply your mind to it

Thanks for confirming what I said. It is a Dubai forum. I don't know how people living in another country and posts about home football games, then someone from another location outside of Dubai responds. Explain to me just how does all that "relates" to Dubai? I just don't see a Dubai connection.

Live and let live, interesting. Is that something you just "say" or do practice it?

So, where in Dubai do you actually live, or are you "applying your mind" and imagining you live here? Like I said, this forum has a history. Not too hard to read old threads, then chain read posts of some members and connecting the dots. What has happened, between who, who used to be "XXX".
ChevyVet
Dubai Forum User

Re: Why did I Log in to here? Jan 23, 2013

:wink:
rayznack
Dubai Expat Helper

BMreformed ,

Never said you had no connection to Dubai, especially when you mention you vacation here, subscibe to DU, frequent mention of JBR, among other things you posted, would leave one to conclude you must own a flat and you are a vacationer.
ChevyVet
Dubai Forum User

Re: Why Did I Log In To Here? Jan 24, 2013
ChevyVet wrote:BMreformed ,

Never said you had no connection to Dubai, especially when you mention you vacation here, subscibe to DU, frequent mention of JBR, among other things you posted, would leave one to conclude you must own a flat and you are a vacationer.

Well actually it's much much much more :D

--- Jan 24, 2013 ---

rayznack wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vWwgrjjIMXA

:wink:

Blowing in the wind. Hahaha.
BMreformed
Dubai chat master

ChevyVet wrote:Thanks for confirming what I said. It is a Dubai forum.
Glad to be of some help :D

ChevyVet wrote:I don't know how people living in another country and posts about home football games, then someone from another location outside of Dubai responds. Explain to me just how does all that "relates" to Dubai? I just don't see a Dubai connection.
Well, you were advising someone earlier; ignore/dont read what you dont like! I thought that was excellent advice! Your life will be a lot easier that way. You can never tell how much of a "connection" anyone might have with Dubai!

ChevyVet wrote:Live and let live, interesting. Is that something you just "say" or do practice it?
Well, I am happy to say everyone is alive an kickin so far! So, I must be practising it. :wink:

ChevyVet wrote:So, where in Dubai do you actually live,
Timbuktu. If you've ever been to Dubai, you'll know where that is!

ChevyVet wrote:Not too hard to read old threads, then chain read posts of some members and connecting the dots. What has happened, between who, who used to be "XXX"
I dont have the time or inclination for that kind of detective work, but thanks for the suggestion anyway. Must be interesting, huh?
FF2
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

FF2 wrote:I dont have the time or inclination for that kind of detective work, but thanks for the suggestion anyway. Must be interesting, huh?

Detective work? I wouldn't call it that. Just did it out of curiosity as to why there were no people who actually lived in Dubai posting, especially in General seeing as how that is the most active forum, if you call posting by the same 3/4 diehards keeping it on a respirator "active" with irrelevant posts/threads. I noticed that at one point there were around 870 members active on the forum at the same time. Must have been a good forum - a very long time ago.

What makes you think it was interesting? It didn' take much effort or time to get a picture.
ChevyVet
Dubai Forum User

I think you might find expatwoman more to your liking, Inspector Clueless!
BMreformed
Dubai chat master

BMreformed wrote:ply

Re: Why Did I Log In To Here?
Posted 87 minutes ago

I think you might find expatwoman more to your liking, Inspector Clueless!

Why, do they have real women on that site? Inspector Clueless??

--- Jan 24, 2013 ---

FF2 wrote:Timbuktu. If you've ever been to Dubai, you'll know where that is!ChevyVet wrote:

Can't say I do know where it is. I've travelled back and forth to Dubai over the years and never any mentionof "Timbuktu" and took up resident last year and no mention. All I did was ask if you lived in Dubai and you evade a simple "yes" or "no". I'll take it as a "no".

Is it something like Satwa? Or is it a gay bar, or a bar that has unsavory workers and clientele? I ask because I don't frequent such places.
ChevyVet
Dubai Forum User

ChevyVet ,

Stop editing my posts!
BMreformed
Dubai chat master

It's no surprise this forum is such a ghost town. I have never seen this being advertised anywhere. The only way people know about this is if they search in Google for "Dubai forum." Then again, the vast majority of people in this forum ask one question- then leave.
prowheels
Dubai forums Addict

BMreformed wrote:Stop editing my posts!

If I WERE to edit a post quoted, it would be to improve on it, possibly with the intent to make the poster look remotely intelligent. There seems to been alot of room for improvement in your posts.

Enjoy your weekend. I'm going to enjoy mine - far from Dubai. 8)
ChevyVet
Dubai Forum User

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat