Who Do You Classify As Western Filipino

Topic locked
Who do you classify as western filipino Feb 17, 2009
Following on from my recent post I had an interesting reply which says "like those western filipino would wear"

A) How do you define western Filipino? 1)I know not all Filipinos are the same. Like there were Filipino who migrated in the west with their parents and can't speak their own language. They were educated overseas.

2)There are some mail order brides (no offense) and 3) Some engineers pick them up on their last assignments in other parts of the world

B) Are there lots of them in Dubai how do you treat them differently? surely they don't have the same values.

C) Do you think they were all maids anyway and must be treated like one?

D) Not bec Phil was colonised by American that doesn't say they were western.

Vmiss
Dubai Forum Visitor

Feb 17, 2009
Perhaps one who adopts recognised 'Western' values for lots of reasons, not necessarily because they move geographically from the Philippines. Not all Philippinos are Muslim, many many are Catholic (Spanish background), and as such may adopt a more 'liberal' approach which is seen in christian society as opposed to muslim society.

The Philippines has a rich history of all sorts of nationalities, not just colonisation by the Americans, in particular Spanish rule.

People shouldn't be treated according to their values necessarily, lthough I have seen people here being treated dreadfully because they are seen to be lower down the food chain, according to religion, and accident of birth. Quite despicable really.
Wednesday Jones
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Feb 17, 2009
Good ans Jones
I have witness an incident ones one Filipino lady was asked to wait at the counter although she was the first in line bec they wanted to serve the group of white female first. I was stunned when this Filipino says in her British accent “ first come first serve and I refused to move aside you serve me right now or I will get your fired for your racism” Good for her I reckon
Vmiss
Dubai Forum Visitor

Feb 17, 2009
Vmiss wrote:Good ans Jones
I have witness an incident ones one Filipino lady was asked to wait at the counter although she was the first in line bec they wanted to serve the group of white female first. I was stunned when this Filipino says in her British accent “ first come first serve and I refused to move aside you serve me right now or I will get your fired for your racism” Good for her I reckon

yes excellent, that should always be the case for the racist retards. we pinoys are more liberated especially the younger generation. i believe this is strongly due to media influence. we love to watch holywood movies and our media try to copy whats in there so... also it is because our country tolerates more western culture like drinking/way of dressing/etc.. thats just my pov 8)
xero_
Dubai forums Addict

Feb 17, 2009
What are u kabayans on about? A "Western Filipino" is simply a person from the West Philipines. Sort of like South Indians.
gtmash
Dubai forums GURU

Feb 18, 2009
Like Northerners (UK)?
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Feb 18, 2009
xero_ wrote:
Vmiss wrote:Good ans Jones

yes excellent, that should always be the case for the racist retards. we pinoys are more liberated especially the younger generation. i believe this is strongly due to media influence. we love to watch holywood movies and our media try to copy whats in there so... also it is because our country tolerates more western culture like drinking/way of dressing/etc.. thats just my pov 8)

Filipinos are usually not treated well in this part of the world.
deadlife
Dubai Forums Talker

Feb 18, 2009
gtmash wrote:What are u kabayans on about? A "Western Filipino" is simply a person from the West Philipines. Sort of like South Indians.

Lol. The country is so thin geographically that there is no distinction between east and west. North-south-wise there're the mountain tribes and muslims respectively.

What's intriguing is the seemingly lack of identity these people. I don't see a distinct cultural identity like the indians here. They tend to just copy, like what xero said, so the term "western" I think.
yujinn
Dubai forums Addict

Feb 18, 2009
I don't understand because the reference to the root of this Subject originated from the thread that states one response indicating "...western/Filipinos..." which is completely irrelevant because it did not say "western Filipinos".

Nobody these days read properly or am I missing something? There is no such thing as "western Filipinos"

There are FilAm (Filipino Americans, etc) just like any other results of "cross-marriages".

....and for those who claims that "Filipinos lack identity & they are treated low in this country"....all I can say is "Those who are treated well & has every substance of identity is intellectual enough not to mingle with people that has a brain as small as a grain of rice."
farthestpoint
Dubai forums Addict

Feb 18, 2009
farthestpoint wrote:Those who are treated well & has every substance of identity is intellectual enough not to mingle with people that has a brain as small as a grain of rice."

RESPECT!!! :D
desert surfer
Dubai Forums Talker

Feb 18, 2009
THAT'S THE WORD - "RESPECT" IF Y'ALL WATCH Horton Hears a Who! Then you shoud learn that "A person's a person, no matter how small."
spirophonix
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Feb 18, 2009
farthestpoint wrote:
Nobody these days read properly or am I missing something? There is no such thing as "western Filipinos""

Who says???

Western philippinos could as I said earlier refer to WesternISED philippinos, e.g. in language, dress, mannerisms, attitude etc
Wednesday Jones
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Feb 18, 2009
Wednesday Jones wrote:
farthestpoint wrote:
Nobody these days read properly or am I missing something? There is no such thing as "western Filipinos""

Who says???

Western philippinos could as I said earlier refer to WesternISED philippinos, e.g. in language, dress, mannerisms, attitude etc

It's amazing: Shall I re-iterate again? The thread where this topic originated states "...western/Filipinos" which means western OR Filipinos.

There is a slash.

Therefore, from the very beginning, the root of this discussion had been viewed in a completely wrong manner.

Shall I put the link?

:lol:
farthestpoint
Dubai forums Addict

Feb 18, 2009
Captain Australia wrote:You can wear what ever you want here and the worst you will get is a good stare. But you'll probably be stared at anyway so who cares?

To be fair though, in the Mall of the Emirates on the TV screens in the food court I saw a sign that said "Woman are asked to please cover their knees and shoulders" or something like that. But nothing would happen if you wear normal western clothing... like most western/Filipino women do.

Depends where you are a bit I think. If you're in a nightclub then you'll see mini-skirts that look like belts, but you probably wouldn't wear that in the souks of Diera. You probably wouldn't wear that to the Sunday markets in Sydney either.

Basically, it's not like Iran or Saudi.

Ok. Is it obvious now?
farthestpoint
Dubai forums Addict

Feb 18, 2009
Chillllllllllll !

:shock:

It's still an interesting topic to discuss
Wednesday Jones
Dubai Forums Frequenter

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat