Where Is Everybody?

Topic locked
Where is everybody? Jan 11, 2008
I just arrived in the marina and I am surprised at how few people are out. Are there any good places I can walk to (I am near JBR) where things are happening?

maximusprime
Dubai forums Addict

Jan 11, 2008
Did you get out at 7 am?
1) Go to Marina Walk, there will be no short of human beings.
2) Try Grand Habtoor
3) Try Grosvenor House
BabyDoll
Dubai chat master

Jan 11, 2008
??
JACK1972
Dubai Forum Guest

Jan 11, 2008
??
JACK1972
Dubai Forum Guest

Jan 11, 2008
??
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Jan 11, 2008
They're all at brunch
scarlet
Dubai Forums Veteran

Jan 12, 2008
thanks for all the question marks. I just went out to a couple of bars and yes there were people. I guess I thought there would be more people walking around in the streets during the day but I have only seen the newly constructed area so I could be way off. Hey, by the way, if anyone is out and wants to meet up for a coffee or something let me know.
maximusprime
Dubai forums Addict

Jan 12, 2008
maximusprime wrote:thanks for all the question marks. I just went out to a couple of bars and yes there were people. I guess I thought there would be more people walking around in the streets during the day but I have only seen the newly constructed area so I could be way off.

You dont get many people walking on the roads here, as you may risk being run over by some maniac drivers and sands are everywhere if you havent noticed. However you will see more people walking on roads in deira / karama area.
BabyDoll
Dubai chat master

Jan 12, 2008
maybe they were watching a movie, i am legend was packed :p
studstar
Dubai forums Addict

Jan 12, 2008
BabyDoll wrote:
maximusprime wrote:thanks for all the question marks. I just went out to a couple of bars and yes there were people. I guess I thought there would be more people walking around in the streets during the day but I have only seen the newly constructed area so I could be way off.

You dont get many people walking on the roads here, as you may risk being run over by some maniac drivers and sands are everywhere if you havent noticed. However you will see more people walking on roads in deira / karama area.

To add to that.. If you live in the new areas of dubai, it'll b hard to see anyone walkin on the streets.. but come to Old dubai..( bur dubai, Karama, Deira, Satwa) and u'll find lot of people walking.. infact so much so that u'll start saying 'uff the streets are crowded.'
St.Lucifer
Dubai Forums Knight

Jan 12, 2008
Maybe you;re in the wrong place at the wrong time....mind you when you see the people out and about......you're in for a treat :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
reviewer
Dubai Forums Veteran

Jan 12, 2008
People who live in the Marina can afford not to walk, or pay someone to walk for them...

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Knight
Dubai Knight
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Jan 12, 2008
Dubai Knight wrote:People who live in the Marina can afford not to walk, or pay someone to walk for them...

Knight

Now theirs a though :lol:
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Jan 12, 2008
haha, unfortunately a cant afford to do much else until i start work, I get to stay here rent free for a while. I went down to the middle of town today and yes, there were lots of people, this is definitely a cool place
maximusprime
Dubai forums Addict

Jan 12, 2008
maximusprime wrote:haha, unfortunately a cant afford to do much else until i start work, I get to stay here rent free for a while. I went down to the middle of town today and yes, there were lots of people, this is definitely a cool place

Wait until you start paying to stay here...you will change your mind very quickly! Just remember: "Its not real!"

8) 8) 8)

Knight
Dubai Knight

Jan 13, 2008
Dubai Knight wrote:
maximusprime wrote:haha, unfortunately a cant afford to do much else until i start work, I get to stay here rent free for a while. I went down to the middle of town today and yes, there were lots of people, this is definitely a cool place

Wait until you start paying to stay here...you will change your mind very quickly! Just remember: "Its not real!"

8) 8) 8)

Knight

And wait 'till you experienced your first summer in Dubai.....you're in for a grill..
reviewer
Dubai Forums Veteran

Jan 13, 2008
reviewer wrote:
Dubai Knight wrote:

8) 8) 8)

Knight

And wait 'till you experienced your first summer in Dubai.....you're in for a grill..

...and then DEWA will get its evil claws into you like a hungry vulture, tearing out your financial entrails for the cost of electricity to power your AC!

:evil: :evil: :evil:

Hot Knight
Dubai Knight

Jan 14, 2008
Dubai Knight wrote:
reviewer wrote:
Dubai Knight wrote:

8) 8) 8)

Knight

...and then DEWA will get its evil claws into you like a hungry vulture, tearing out your financial entrails for the cost of electricity to power your AC!

Hot Knight

Yikes,
easy man, I just got here, Im trying to be optimistic. If there is one thing I've noticed, it is that it definitely is not real, all fake, but cool nonetheless. Hopfully the heat wont be much worse than my home town of Atlanta. I just hope this rain stops soon
maximusprime
Dubai forums Addict

Jan 14, 2008
maximusprime wrote:
Dubai Knight wrote:
reviewer wrote:
Dubai Knight wrote:

8) 8) 8)

Knight

Hot Knight

Yikes,
easy man, I just got here, Im trying to be optimistic. If there is one thing I've noticed, it is that it definitely is not real, all fake, but cool nonetheless. Hopfully the heat wont be much worse than my home town of Atlanta. I just hope this rain stops soon

:lol: :lol: :lol: One thing at a time....but remember you've been forewarned. Wish you luck...
reviewer
Dubai Forums Veteran

Jan 15, 2008
maximusprime wrote:
Dubai Knight wrote:
reviewer wrote:
Dubai Knight wrote:

8) 8) 8)

Knight

Hot Knight

Yikes,

Been to Atlanta in the summer...its much cooler than here. Official summer temperatures here are 43/44 degrees. Real temperatures: 52/53! The humidity is a killer as well. Enjoy!

:shock: :shock: :shock:

Knight
Dubai Knight

Jan 15, 2008
Dubai Knight wrote:
maximusprime wrote:
Dubai Knight wrote:
reviewer wrote:
Dubai Knight wrote:

8) 8) 8)

Knight

Hot Knight

Yikes,

Been to Atlanta in the summer...its much cooler than here. Official summer temperatures here are 43/44 degrees. Real temperatures: 52/53! The humidity is a killer as well. Enjoy!

Knight

Summer will run from late June till early Sept ....... :roll: :roll: :roll:
reviewer
Dubai Forums Veteran

Jan 15, 2008
reviewer wrote:
Dubai Knight wrote:
maximusprime wrote:
Dubai Knight wrote:
reviewer wrote:
Dubai Knight wrote:

8) 8) 8)

Knight

Hot Knight

Yikes,

Knight

More like Mid May
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Jan 15, 2008
sage & onion wrote:
reviewer wrote:
Dubai Knight wrote:
maximusprime wrote:
Dubai Knight wrote:
reviewer wrote:
Dubai Knight wrote:

8) 8) 8)

Knight

Hot Knight

Yikes,

Knight

More like Mid May

Around May 15.
^ian^

Jan 16, 2008
Any particular time on May 15?

Knight
Dubai Knight

Jan 16, 2008
Dubai Knight wrote:Any particular time on May 15?

Knight

Between Morning Tea and Brunch.

Not working today?
^ian^

Jan 16, 2008
Working from home this week as our new arrival needs constant attention. Chewing me out of house and home!

Knight
Dubai Knight

Jan 16, 2008
Dubai Knight wrote:Working from home this week as our new arrival needs constant attention. Chewing me out of house and home!

Knight

Raring babies is woman's work! :wink:
^ian^

Jan 16, 2008
^ian^ wrote:
Dubai Knight wrote:Working from home this week as our new arrival needs constant attention. Chewing me out of house and home!

Knight

Raring babies is woman's work! :wink:

Human ones, yes. 4 legged shit machines are man's work!

Knight
Dubai Knight

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat