What's Did You Choose

Topic locked
What's did you Choose Jul 18, 2011
Look back to when you were 24, what did you choose? An 8-7 job (no kidding) or one with less hours and less money? Is it really worth investing half my life in an office for the sake of my career? (that's what the partner of my firm says everytime he see's me red in the eyes, 8 pm at night, nearly 12 hours spent working ...."it's good for your career" ) Is it something which may pay out eventually? I just don't know. What did you guys do if you're older Or if you're just starting out like me what might you do. I figure at the rate my life is going the next thing I know, I'm grey in the head!!!!
Personally this grind tires me out. I think I'd be a lot happier as a teacher in some school( although it might bore me out). But the money there is awful compared to what I can make in finance -project finance and wealth management!!

Misery Called Life
Dubai Forums Zealot

Re: What's did you Choose Jul 18, 2011
If I were you I'd stick with it MCL. You've got the rest of your life to reap the benefits of your hard work.

I wouldn't be a teacher for all the tea in China. I'd be arrested for child abuse within the first term and the pay is rubbish.

If it was a choice between being bored or knackered, I'd rather be knackered, anyday.

Just think how nice it will be when they ask your future wife just what first attracted her to the millionaire, MCL? :)
Bethsmum
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Bethsmum wrote:If I were you I'd stick with it MCL. You've got the rest of your life to reap the benefits of your hard work.

I wouldn't be a teacher for all the tea in China. I'd be arrested for child abuse within the first term and the pay is rubbish.

If it was a choice between being bored or knackered, I'd rather be knackered, anyday.

Just think how nice it will be when they ask your future wife just what first attracted her to the millionaire, MCL? :)

LoL I wish I could see those millions. All this working in hope of makin a fair bit of money for the future makes life seem like such a sacrifice. I need to find a way to work 7 months a year and do sometin else 5 months a year.
Misery Called Life
Dubai Forums Zealot

Re: What's Did You Choose Jul 18, 2011
I just choose the one with less hours and good money, plus the biggest benefit never had to spend a day in the office and majority of the time, no boss around 8)
desertdudeshj
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Nope! I'm of the philosophy that you do what makes you happy. So long as you have enough money to do what you want, plus put some savings aside, that should be enough. Work to live, don't live to work. When I was 24, I was pretty fresh out of Uni, was doing my dream job - still am and had just bought my first house.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat