WALL Climbing

Topic locked
WALL Climbing Aug 24, 2006
Is there a place for wall climbing in Dubai?

girl_glen
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Aug 24, 2006
There's a climbing wall at the Mall of the Emirates in the 'Magic Planet' arcade by the rides. Last time we were there it was mostly children climbing.

There's also a climbing wall at Wellington school - but I'm not sure if it's open to the public outside school hours.

Cheers,
Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Aug 26, 2006
there are climbing facilities at wafi mall and Bel remitha club ( just a few pegs one storey high fixed in a wall).

i dunno any other :)

cheers,

Jerry
Jeevan
Dubai Forums Zealot

Aug 27, 2006
There is a wall climbing facility near Lamcy Plaza but its quite small though they have other sports facility as well. :)
zam
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Aug 27, 2006
Come to my office

They have us climbing the walls on a daily basis!!
Cargirl
Dubai forums Addict

Aug 27, 2006
Cargirl wrote:Come to my office

They have us climbing the walls on a daily basis!!

:lol: :lol:
Concord
Dubai Forums Zealot

Aug 28, 2006
in my hometown we had a big old library in a nice and imposing building. the back wall was converted into a wall climbing facility. of course necessary permissions were taken with the corresponding security and safety measures.

do you think we can have something similar here in dubai?
girl_glen
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Aug 28, 2006
girl_glen wrote:in my hometown we had a big old library in a nice and imposing building. the back wall was converted into a wall climbing facility. of course necessary permissions were taken with the corresponding security and safety measures.

do you think we can have something similar here in dubai?

Under normal circumstances most things are possible here in Dubai, however in saying that you also have to realise most things have a profit attached to them.

So, if you can find someone to put up the necessary capital or you do it yourself, then it could be done, with all the necessary safety measures etc.

You also have to realise that with something like wall climbing, their is a certain risk element, this will probably be your greatest hurdle.

I wish you luck.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat