Unbelievably Efficient And Helpful Dubai Police

Topic locked
Unbelievably efficient and helpful Dubai police Oct 18, 2010
Well, I am beyond words at how helpful Dubai police have been tonight. I have some neighbours that insist on riding their quad bike about 6pm everyday around the carpark outside my apartment. Not only the the noise terribly annoying, but the those riding it are children probably no more than about 10 years old and very often without and adult about - seriously how irresponsible can you get!

So tonight I had enough and I went down and spoke to the father, to explain that they shouldn't be riding in a residential area and that the children shouldn't be riding it anyway.

He really didn't care and said I should go ahead and call the police if I had a problem, in which case I said I would - no surprise, within 5 minutes the bike was back on the trailer and they all disappeared.

Anyway called the police report line and within 10 minutes a plain clothed policeman turns up, in his ordinary car - he's obviously doing undercover rounds of Mirdiff. I explain the situation and he agrees that it is totally unacceptable. I show him where the bike is and he says ok from now on he will patrol and catch them in the act.

Thirty minutes later the policeman calls me back, and asks the colour of the bike, he's come back and is taking pictures of it on the trailer and he tells me he's going to confiscate it if he sees it in use on the road - I'm assuming it's not registered then.

Way to go Dubai Police and what a lovely helpful man.

Chocs 1 - Annoying neighbours with quad bike 0

Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Re: Unbelievably efficient and helpful Dubai police Oct 18, 2010
I'm really pleased you chose to share that, it's so nice to hear about the good news (of how the police were trying to be helpful) stories about Dubai, I'm sure there are more of them.
Bethsmum
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Re: Unbelievably Efficient And Helpful Dubai Police Oct 18, 2010
Credit should be given, when and where its due. Unfotunately I've two run in with the coppers in the last 6 months and both negative.

First one included ( but not limited to ) one lecturing my friend he shouldn't have married a non muslim and is not allowed ! and when I got in his face that this is totally BS he was taken aback but kept on saying I'm the cop I know better and your wrong.

Other was spending a couple of hours at a cop shop for 2 hours for no other reason than working on MY car at a friends garage/workshop.

Oh and a third one comes to mind where its been over a year and a simple investigation cannot be completed to a very very serious crime and every visit just ends in more beaurcarcy and going round in circles.
desertdudeshj

Expect a dollop of dog doo shoved under your gate or a brick through a window if he keeps to his word and impounds the bike!

10 year olds can be vicious!

:shock: :shock: :shock:

Knight
Dubai Knight

LOL, well I know who the culprits are then don't I?!
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Chocoholic wrote:LOL, well I know who the culprits are then don't I?!

And identified in court by the poo DNA.
drewpeacock
Dubai chat master

Bethsmum wrote:I'm really pleased you chose to share that, it's so nice to hear about the good news (of how the police were trying to be helpful) stories about Dubai, I'm sure there are more of them.

Nice police work indeed huh Betsmum, you got me laughing today,
A cop identified , and yes, photographed ! , a quad on a trailer, after a disturbance call. :lol: :lol: :lol:
That should be on the times, international news.
How about the hit squad who wacked the palestinian terrorists, real pros, a walk in the park, dubai police got zip, indentifed nobody , arrested no one. I guess they are better catching illegal quads
herve
Dubai Forums Veteran

Re: Unbelievably Efficient And Helpful Dubai Police Oct 18, 2010
4get about dubai police! abu dhabi police helped me fix my puncture while on dubai - abu dhabi road!!
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

Re: Unbelievably Efficient And Helpful Dubai Police Oct 19, 2010
As I mentioned in another thread, I, too had a couple of positive experiences in the past year. I had a run-in with little brats driving their quads down the paths in Arabian Ranches, but took no action other than to discuss with the dad. I never saw those quads again. I see the 'tards driving their quads all over Mirdif with no helmets, etc. At least I did when I lived in the hood.

There is a lot of undercover coppers in Mirdif for some reason. My Filipino and African techs have been stopped in cabs on numerous occassions in Mirdif for a shakedown. It go so annoying that they stopped coming to my place! There must be something going on there.

As per Herve, I can't comment on their skills, only the patrol guys' attitude and politeness.
dubaidog
Dubai chat master

Re: Unbelievably efficient and helpful Dubai police Oct 19, 2010
herve wrote:
Bethsmum wrote:I'm really pleased you chose to share that, it's so nice to hear about the good news (of how the police were trying to be helpful) stories about Dubai, I'm sure there are more of them.

Nice police work indeed huh Betsmum, you got me laughing today,
A cop identified , and yes, photographed ! , a quad on a trailer, after a disturbance call. :lol: :lol: :lol:
That should be on the times, international news.
How about the hit squad who wacked the palestinian terrorists, real pros, a walk in the park, dubai police got zip, indentifed nobody , arrested no one. I guess they are better catching illegal quads

I've got an idea herve, let's send them all of to Spy School! BTW you may have read on another thread how I agreed with the hit on the Palestinian terrorists. I'm glad the Isrealis didn't get caught. Big up the Isrealis, that's what BM says!
Bethsmum

Re: Unbelievably efficient and helpful Dubai police Oct 19, 2010
www.dubaipolice.gov.ae

fantastic web page full of the best in class info.

I can pay my fines then repeat them when I register my car.

Comn the boys in green :bounce:
drewpeacock
Dubai chat master

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat